Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 51
11-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarekcyphus View Post
Wow I can't even apply my career officer title, so this will be a bit of a Godsend for me, if it "works."
Try setting it from a different browser, if you have one -- some browsers are not officially supported and may be causing your title not to stick.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 52
11-12-2012, 12:11 PM
What's the ETA on the "Forum Fiasco 2.0" ? (Yes, being a bit cynical. Hoping it doesn't turn out to be another fiasco.)
Career Officer
# 53
11-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Try setting it from a different browser, if you have one -- some browsers are not officially supported and may be causing your title not to stick.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Make your web-team fix it... After all, different browsers is the least of problems for us web-developers theese days...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
# 54
11-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Make your web-team fix it... After all, different browsers is the least of problems for us web-developers theese days...
I've passed it along but some browsers are not supported. So, not all features may work on every browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
What's the ETA on the "Forum Fiasco 2.0" ? (Yes, being a bit cynical. Hoping it doesn't turn out to be another fiasco.)
Quoting myself from the OP:

Quote:
We don't yet have a timeline for when this will go live for STO but I will let you all know when we've locked in a date. We are still a ways out, and other games will upgrade first. I'll keep you all updated as we learn more.
When there is more information to provide, I will do so. Although, if you go check out the Neverwinter forums (who went through the same change we did, and then the upgrade), you'll notice that most are quite happy and there was no fiasco.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 55
11-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
I've passed it along but some browsers are not supported. So, not all features may work on every browser.
No offense Bran... Really.. I mean this as no insult or diminishing on any level...

But me and my colleague daily work on integrating asp.NET, Visual Basic, MySQL and MSSQL solutions into a single Drupal site, while not having proper API's at our disposal, right now, while at the same time allowing Safari, Chrome, FF, IE 8, 9 and 10 to use it, as well as a workable Responsive design... And it works...

And I am not really that good... You guys need to assign some time for your web team to fix this... Cause I refuse to belive that they can't if you give them the time.

Of cause if it's IE6, then it's the user that sucks, and needs to get an update, but if its a newer, major browser... You really shouldn ignore it.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 56
11-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Where can we find information on what browsers "are supported"?

Thank you.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
# 57
11-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
Where can we find information on what browsers "are supported"?

Thank you.
https://support.perfectworld.com/app...ted%20browsers -- there may be another article that discusses them, but I did find that.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Career Officer
# 58
11-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Only IE and Firefox? Those are the only two mentioned.

And the title change issue happens with Chrome. I had to use IE to change it.
Ensign
# 59
11-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Confirmed not to work in Chrome, surprising for such a big browser.
Captain
# 60
11-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Why no Chrome? is the most used browser today...
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Closed Thread