Career Officer
# 11
11-12-2012, 02:06 PM
I accept the mabey as it is intended. I have been with this game from the first month. I have not given up nor will I. A territory control game would add a great endgame confict and keep people playing.
Captain
# 12
11-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
You want a binary answer. There is no such thing.

Yes only exists for those things we are actively making right now, and have a reasonable believe will ship.
No, never exists. Everything is always a possibility later. Some are more likely than others, but there is no way for us to predict what's going on with this game 5 years from now. We can have ideas of where we'd like to go, but that's not something we like to advertise because it sets up false expectations.

The most I could positively tell you is that there is no territory control in Season 7 (launching tomorrow).

So . . . maybe.
Just our of curiosity, knowing full well how well received the idea of territorial control was by this community when it was first suggested as being on the drawing board so long ago, why is it not being worked on yet?

Or how about the exploration revamp that hs been slated as the next season's focus for the past four seasons?

The dilithium reqirement hike and the dilithium availability nerf that is Season 7 was not anything I have seen this community asking for. And while starbases were asked for since before launch, I don't recall ever seeing it requested that they be the largest grindfest in MMO history in their implementation.

What is so bloody hard for you guys when it come to working on stuff your players actually ask for, in the spirit in which it is requested?

What do you guys do? Reach into a grab bag and pull out a random piece of paper with a project name on it to decide what to focus on next?

All this time spent on working on a reputation system which is really another name for Grindfest could have been spent on producing content for the KDF so they can finally become a faction that can be leveled from 1 to 50 like the UFP... or territorial control to give purpose to the whole war between the UFP and KDF that you guys seem hell-bent on ignoring. Or the exploration revamp to replace the current exploration system which is hardly that due to its repetitive nature...

Tell me... After we hit max repuration, what purpose will it serve, other than as a reminder of how much time and dilithium we will have spent?

I think I am just about done with the MMO genre. Stupid corporate suits so focused on their plummeting bottom line that they won't bother to ask WHY it is plummeting and keep on insisting on doing things that continuously anger their players.

I cannot wait for the MMO industry to collapse on itself and make way for new blood to revive it...
I am of the opinion that Cryptic cannot because PWE will not...
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
11-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Just our of curiosity, knowing full well how well received the idea of territorial control was by this community when it was first suggested as being on the drawing board so long ago, why is it not being worked on yet?

Or how about the exploration revamp that hs been slated as the next season's focus for the past four seasons?

The dilithium reqirement hike and the dilithium availability nerf that is Season 7 was not anything I have seen this community asking for. And while starbases were asked for since before launch, I don't recall ever seeing it requested that they be the largest grindfest in MMO history in their implementation.

What is so bloody hard for you guys when it come to working on stuff your players actually ask for, in the spirit in which it is requested?

What do you guys do? Reach into a grab bag and pull out a random piece of paper with a project name on it to decide what to focus on next?

All this time spent on working on a reputation system which is really another name for Grindfest could have been spent on producing content for the KDF so they can finally become a faction that can be leveled from 1 to 50 like the UFP... or territorial control to give purpose to the whole war between the UFP and KDF that you guys seem hell-bent on ignoring. Or the exploration revamp to replace the current exploration system which is hardly that due to its repetitive nature...

Tell me... After we hit max repuration, what purpose will it serve, other than as a reminder of how much time and dilithium we will have spent?

I think I am just about done with the MMO genre. Stupid corporate suits so focused on their plummeting bottom line that they won't bother to ask WHY it is plummeting and keep on insisting on doing things that continuously anger their players.

I cannot wait for the MMO industry to collapse on itself and make way for new blood to revive it...
Once they figure out how to time-gate and monetize territory control, we'll get it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Will there ever be territorial control mechanics in this game. A yes or no answer is all I need. No need to give a timeframe just yes or no.

Thank you,
I wouldnt hold my breath. If that is the sort of gameplay you wish, go play EvE. They have always had territory control.
Empire Veteran
# 15
11-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
tlhIngan maH! (We are Klingons!) *stabs a bloke* WE CONTROL THIS TERRITORY!

::: Klingon facepalm .... You aren't related to someone named Baz are you?

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Captain
# 16
11-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
tlhIngan maH! (We are Klingons!) *stabs a bloke* WE CONTROL THIS TERRITORY!
Forum PvP will NOT be tolerated on this site.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 17
11-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Please don't.
I'd pay a Kickstarter for Territory Control...
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Territory Control, with the 84%/16% Fed/KDF player divide, would be a horrible scenrio.
When the factions become more balanced, then maybe.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Empire Veteran
# 19
11-12-2012, 03:42 PM
I hope not, I like the current content design, except for dilithium. Currently we have a good mix of story, mindless missions (aka season 6 fleet actions), tough content, some casual and non mandatory pvp. I'd hate mandatory pvp, even if i'm not bad at it.

Last edited by diogene0; 11-12-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Commander
# 20
11-12-2012, 03:54 PM
I felt I should bring up some stuff that I have read over in the upcoming content stuff on the wiki.

Fleet starbases will play some role in future fleet vs fleet (KDF vs FED) territory control game ("controlling and or harvesting a vast variety of resources")

sources that this come from include Ask Cryptic April 2011 and June 2012. Below is that was asked from those dates.

April 2011: Q: HerbieZ Do you have any plans to make mineral mining and resource harvesting take a larger more dominant role in the future?

A: While I wouldn?t go so far as to say a ?dominant? role, we do plan to continue improving crafting to the point where building your own Starbase or Starships could involve controlling and or harvesting a vast variety of resources. This is all scheduled for Season 5-6 timeframe.

June 2012: Q: (Roman12291969) Is there any way the Galaxy map can open up, and make that real time? Where fleets can really have a stake in what?s happening, and you can actually fight for key sectors?

Dstahl: The ideas about having a territory control game or one big sector are exciting to the team. This is one of those features on our to-do list, but it?s not on our current schedules. We have several steps in-between planned in order to get us to a place where we could do that. Having Fleet operated Starbases is one of those steps.

Obviously, from what you can see here, territory contol as of June was on a to-do list. Keep in mind that the focus is to deliver on endgame content right now. You also have to look at what each faction tends to think about territorial expansion.

Federation: Doesn't pressure other worlds into joining. Territories grow as new members decide to join on their own terms.

Klingons: More focused on expanding territory by taking advantage of a situation. Traditionally, they have added by conquering other races.