Career Officer
# 141
11-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Sorry, the Prometheus was actually classed as a warship/battleship (I think the latter) rather than a cruiser
Actually, it was listed (in the various sources I've found) as: Cruiser, Heavy Cruiser, Battleship, Warship, Starship (bit generic, that one), and Tactical Cruiser. The fact of the matter is that virtually every major Star Trek starship except the Defiant class has been referred to as a cruiser at some point, because it's never really clear what that term means - as long as it is a moderately powerful starship capable of independent operations, it seems like it was fair game for the cruiser label at some point, which is really my point. If we are now defining ships not based on in-game terms, that is rapidly a slippery slope.

Also, Akira still counts in any case

Also also, see my earlier posts on why trying to base game design decisions on 'canon' background is a terrible idea
Captain
# 142
11-12-2012, 02:43 PM
In all honesty, it doesn't matter how much logic and actual facts we post here. No offense intended to OP, but he is blinded by his own opinions and how he thinks the game should be. The unfortunate part is that as soon as anyone says something different, he just gets defensive and jumps all over them, trying to make them look bad and make himself look good and right.

If you actually were a little more open minded OP, we wouldn't all seem to be trying to insult you. Take a step back, and look at what we actually have to say. And leave room for yourself being wrong. It's not as bad as you think.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Empire Veteran
# 143
11-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Memory Alpha, Beta and the screen is canon?!?!?!

SWEEEEEEEETTT!!!! because I found this reference in Memory Alpha.
Klingon Cultural Database

I can't wait to start getting the Klingon fans to fill in the data it holds and settle the Why's, Whats and Where's of the Klingon race as part of star trek.

All can finally be explained and it'll be canon

This is awesome. Thanks OP!
He who laughs last thinks slowest.