Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Republic Veteran
# 11
11-12-2012, 06:48 PM
TNG kinda sorta shot itself in the foot with the whole "lets retread TOS" early in season one. I understand they were gunshy about anything that smacked of TOS after that.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Captain
# 12
11-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
TNG kinda sorta shot itself in the foot with the whole "lets retread TOS" early in season one. I understand they were gunshy about anything that smacked of TOS after that.
I understand that, but the comedy potential will be missed.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-13-2012, 05:15 PM
I have a feeling that Okona was trafficking tribbles all over the place, being of the scruffy-lookin' nerf-herder persuasion.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
11-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gornman47 View Post
I'm more saddened that there was never a Mirror TNG episode.
"Yesterday's Enterprise."

Worf DID encounter a Tribble, once. DS9: Trials and Tribble-ations.
I'll admit, it's not very TNG, but it's the only other episode with Tribbles as main plot devices.
Rihannsu
# 15
11-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
"Yesterday's Enterprise."

Worf DID encounter a Tribble, once. DS9: Trials and Tribble-ations.
I'll admit, it's not very TNG, but it's the only other episode with Tribbles as main plot devices.
That's just a divergent timeline, not the MU.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
11-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
That's just a divergent timeline, not the MU.
The point of a mirror universe storyline is to show the regular cast in a completely different light. In that, 'Yesterday's Enterprise' succeeded, even if it wasn't a true mirrorverse episode. Voyager did something similar with 'Living Witness' where everyone put on their black hats for an episode and had fun with it. DS9 did return us to the mirrorverse, but did it in a weird way - the terrans were now the underdogs, the klingons and cardassians were still the bad guys, and the entire thing was treated more like a divergent timeline as opposed to the way TOS treated it.
Captain
# 17
11-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
The point of a mirror universe storyline is to show the regular cast in a completely different light. In that, 'Yesterday's Enterprise' succeeded, even if it wasn't a true mirrorverse episode. Voyager did something similar with 'Living Witness' where everyone put on their black hats for an episode and had fun with it. DS9 did return us to the mirrorverse, but did it in a weird way - the terrans were now the underdogs, the klingons and cardassians were still the bad guys, and the entire thing was treated more like a divergent timeline as opposed to the way TOS treated it.
Which was missing the point.......
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 18
11-15-2012, 04:58 AM
a Mirror Episode would of been AWESOME O_O

Mirror Picard?

RachelJ88
Career Officer
# 19
11-15-2012, 08:41 AM
A Tribble episode would have been awesome. However, an episode where Worf busts out laughing hysterically, when the universal translators go off line......
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Captain
# 20
11-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelj88 View Post
a Mirror Episode would of been AWESOME O_O

Mirror Picard?

RachelJ88
I could see it......