Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Ensign
# 21
11-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Loooking forward to season 7. Kudos to Cryptic for giving us the release date unlike season 6.
~FlaZizLLe
Lieutenant
# 22
11-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Everything is PERFECT

Except... Dilithium. We shall see tomorrow (for me) if dilithium isn't stretched too thinly.

But thanks for announcing Season 7 early (even with the PC gamer heads up last week).
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-12-2012, 08:03 PM
In release notes :

Quote:
Reduced all Duty Officer input requirements on Fleet Starbase Projects
If a project previously required only White duty officers, the number required has been decreased .
If a project previously required a specific Specialization, it generally now requires a Department instead.
All Green, Blue and Purple quality requirements on Duty Officers were reduced to White quality requirements.
These changes in quality and relative value haves led to many requirements increasing in number of items required, but not in overall cost.
Let me just say this : if you're going to make Doffs cost dilithium and require both Dilithium and the same doffs for fleetbases that is the end for a vast number of fleets ( no matter if you have decreased the amount of doffs needed ) . You need to totally remove the doff-requirement or the dilithium requirement - for fleetbase/embassy progression - if you want this to work even slightly .
Career Officer
# 24
11-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violadan View Post
I wonder how Heretic would feel about the changes to his amazing system...
I asked him about that once. Sadly, at the time, he hadn't really looked into it thoroughly, but he did say that "wasn't the first place he'd've gone", paraphrasing slightly.
Empire Veteran
# 25
11-12-2012, 08:21 PM
So.... new faction? or just more grinding?

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Captain
# 26
11-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Just time to log in and start as many DOFF recruitment missions as I can before they start gouging Dilithium for them.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Commander
# 27
11-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiffy1 View Post
Wouldn't this actually be PST? not PDT.
Only if you're a silly/stubborn American.... PST(Pacific Standard Time) and PDT(Pacific Daylight Time) are the same thing....
Career Officer
# 28
11-12-2012, 08:39 PM
okay seriously, devs need to explain the reasoning behind putting a massive dilithium cost on the Duty Officer Upgrade Assignments.......
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
11-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violadan View Post
Really, really, really... Did I say REALLY enough? Ok... I'm truly disappointed in the new dilithium prices for the Doff grinder. If it weren't for that one aspect and how it affects me because I have so little time to play STO, but love it SO much, I would say that Season 7 looks awesome.

These prices are going to kill my enjoyment of Doffing... I wonder how Heretic would feel about the changes to his amazing system...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwessels View Post
In release notes : Let me just say this : if you're going to make Doffs cost dilithium and require both Dilithium and the same doffs for fleetbases that is the end for a vast number of fleets ( no matter if you have decreased the amount of doffs needed ) . You need to totally remove the doff-requirement or the dilithium requirement - for fleetbase/embassy progression - if you want this to work even slightly .
I can understand that people don't like the increased dilithium cost, but I think the grind cost has been negated by fleet projects only needing white DOFFs (dilithium only needed for DOFFs you intend to keep, plus whilst it may cost more to get DOFFs, the type requirements have been relaxed.

I think it has been done in a relatively balanced way.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-12-2012, 08:46 PM
just gonna leave this here:

All of my saved EDC, Salvage, and Tech...
Closed Thread