Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Empire Veteran
# 41
11-12-2012, 10:14 PM
In Europe (a place that pwecornflakes doesn't know where is it) this schedule maintenance will end at the evening. And as usual, because QOS and bandwith of Cryptic servers are making discrimination. We, european, will take 4 hours to download 10 Mb of patch. Thank you in advance!
Also thank you in advance for the warning you will send to me.
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Career Officer
# 42
11-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Duty Officers:

The Dilithium cost associated with Reassignments has been increased:
White to Green: Now 500 Dilithium
Green to Blue: Now 2500 Dilithium
Blue to Purple: Now 5000 Dilithium
The "General Recruitment" assignment available on both faction Academy zones has been altered:
Duration increased from 20 hours to 48 hours.
The cooldown is unchanged.
An input cost of 1000 Dilithium has been added.
The variety of Duty Officers in the Department-specific packs has increased dramatically to include nearly all Duty Officers available from General Recruitment.
These packs are 25% higher in price than the standard packs of the same quality level to reflect this improvement in contents.
Flight Deck Officer Duty Officers that are designed to reduce the cooldown of Boarding Parties now correctly reduce the cooldown.
Putting points into the Neural Neutralizer Duty Officer power will now properly increase the duration of the Placate.
So much for our concerns being heard for NOT wanting this stupid DOFF dilithium tax increase or using Dilithium to buy Borg gear. I take that back.. I'm sure the DEVS (or whoever) heard our concerns but chose to ignore and give us a valid reason of why they are adding all this extra dilithium tax.
Captain
# 43
11-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwessels View Post
Let me just say this : if you're going to make Doffs cost dilithium and require both Dilithium and the same doffs for fleetbases that is the end for a vast number of fleets ( no matter if you have decreased the amount of doffs needed ) . You need to totally remove the doff-requirement or the dilithium requirement - for fleetbase/embassy progression - if you want this to work even slightly .
Quote:
Originally Posted by docroadie69 View Post
So much for our concerns being heard for NOT wanting this stupid DOFF dilithium tax increase or using Dilithium to buy Borg gear. I take that back.. I'm sure the DEVS (or whoever) heard our concerns but chose to ignore and give us a valid reason of why they are adding all this extra dilithium tax.
::READ:: Before anyone else jumps the gun, please read the post I just made. It clears things up. ::READ::

Last edited by linyive; 11-12-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Lieutenant
# 44
11-12-2012, 10:29 PM
I for one am now reserving all complaints till after said release due to the inability to judge how market forces will work after the release. I'm just hoping the dilithium grind doesn't increase yet become harder to get. Used to depend on STFs to fill that bank...

On another note, any word on how long it will take to max out the Omega and Romulan trees?
Captain
# 45
11-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiancopps View Post
On another note, any word on how long it will take to max out the Omega and Romulan trees?
At least 2-3 months due to 1d 16h timers on XP projects, if I recall the upgrade Tier porject is just a hour long.
Rihannsu
# 46
11-12-2012, 10:46 PM
*inhales* Ah... the sweet smell of nerd rage.

Yeah, I like the new season. It has a lot of fun stuff to do in it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 47
11-12-2012, 10:50 PM
where do you get the fleet doffs and free doffs lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Survivor of Romulus
# 48
11-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
where do you get the fleet doffs and free doffs lol

Fleet doffs are 500 fleet credits each, and can be purchased in the same room as the "Officer Of The Watch" daily.

They're a godsend, and they make like much much easier!

You can get department specific doffs for 750 fleet credits each if you prefer....

Free doffs are from the personnel officer at starfleet academy. General recruitment now costs dilithium but the department specific recruitments are still free!
Career Officer
# 49
11-12-2012, 11:03 PM
S7 does look nice, enjoyed playing around on tribble... but why? oh WHY?? can't you guys release a season without a dilithium gouge of some kind?? Since you sold your soul to them, I'm sure your PWE overlords are responsible. But it's just getting disgustingly blatant.
Lieutenant
# 50
11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
So in essence more grinding more screwing up things?

I literally stopped "playing" on start of Season 6, although played on Tribble and like most stuff, when it became live it proved what it meant "death" for small fleets and 24/7 mindless automatons grinding....

After all that time, even if we did play from time to time and some members more actively our BIG fleet of 3-4 ppl is getting Tier 1!!! Was very nice to donate 200000 dilithium alone for a project, i mean yes it's very balanced... comparing 100 member fleets to 5 members fleets.... Oh and one of my characters is in a big fleet.... as i didn't "camp" the project timer the "leader" on the leaderboard has now 2.6 milions fleet credits... i have 30000... again balanced....

But let's discuss of Season 7 and the nice stuff... yes there is nice stuff coming out... but compared to the 24/7 grinding in store... i think more ppl will stop playing....
So... after playing 1200 elite STFs we "lose" everything and we need to invest (according to another thread) 450k dilithium to reach Tier 5, and 3 months.... on ONE reputation tree... and we get it so then we can use more REFINED dilithium to get our gear....
Let's look on fleet weapons.... 160k fleet credits and 80k refined dilithium to buy weapons for a ship... great... and 160k fleet credits = 160k refined dilithium too... well or 160k warp coils if you find the energy credits or the place to donate all that.... In essence to gear 1 ship we pay more than an account wide ship unlock?!
Before Season 6 and since you ppl killed Kerrat, i used contraband doff mission to get my daily dilithium... Then you screwed that up too... and now you remove dilithium rewards from Investigate Duty Officer daily and STF and... WHERE are we supposed to get dilithium? Mining for 20 hours? So all fleet stuff requires dilithium... to buy and to make or achieve, and now we get embassy and 2 reputation trees that require same? And now DOFFs require dilithium too?

Why don't you call it Dilithium Mindless Grinding Online? That's if there would actually be a place to grind it....

Instead of giving us missions, or episodes, or better rewards, or more LIKE Star Trek universe lore, where people actually used diplomacy and explored things... In here we get fire at will on everyone and linear missions where we don't even get to raise our own shields.... Is it so hard to make a NON linear mission? To give us the option to hail the alien ship or shoot it? To make a MMORPG more RPG like??

I can see Season 8 coming out, probably very soon.... The Dominion Ferengi, because we open fire like the Jem'Hadar and are more greedy than the most pure bred ferengi....

Mission 1 - Welcome to Ferenginar

Menu options:
- Open hailing frequencies - Requires 50000 refined dilithium
- Beam down to planet - Requires 1000 Zen
- Depart system - Requires 10000000 Gold Pressed Latinum
Closed Thread