Starfleet Veteran
# 61
11-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Not worth the time and very disturbing in light of other dilithium sinks added in Season 7.

I've never been so disappointed in an upcoming content release as I am with S7. I had really hoped to be around to see my third anniversary (gold subscriber since day 1 of launch, yes, I did the 1000 day rewards the HARD way, I wasn't grandfathered in like all the $200 LTS people and I had to wait for my Chimera about 18 days after all those people claimed their instant rewards).

After all the dilithium sinks and nerfs that came before THIS, I was really on the fence on whether to continue playing STO. These changes to the Officer Reports daily are like a pointed stick just poking me and prodding me and wanting me to fall off.

Big mistake, Cryptic.
--
No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
Captain
# 62
11-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Let me be blunt. Foundry authors I give 10/10 for doing their best but -10000 for the fact what they create is by and large a pile of tribble poo.

These new rewards. Not worth a jot. I'll get my rewards elsewhere. Sorry but the reward isnt worth the effort esp to a caual to moderate player like me.

All the ones Ive played have made me either rage quit. Get bored or face palm in disbelief. Sorry.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...

Last edited by rustiswordz; 11-12-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 63
11-12-2012, 08:16 PM
I won't play 2-3 hours for 1440 dilithium ( academy event only lasts 1 hour and brings in a lot more , just an example ) .I have said from the beginning : they should give a very special reward for completing the featured foundry mission . For example : chance to get a rare console or even ship upon completion ( no matter how small % that chance would be you'd see folks flocking to the foundry , witness the lockboxes success ) .

In addition to the chance to win such a rare item , folks would learn to appreciate the player-created content as a bonus . But removing the fast-click foundry missions reward and thinking that will solve it is living in fantasy-world ( or not giving a d**n about foundry in the first place )
Starfleet Veteran
# 64
11-12-2012, 08:38 PM
300k Ec & at least 3500 dli for a full 60m of foundry, and that's minimum to put it back on my list as something to do daily.
Empire Veteran
# 65
11-12-2012, 09:38 PM
If most foundry missions were worth playing it would be great, but the truth is that about 10% to 15% of foundry authors do an excellent job in their story telling.
A good foundry file consist of the follwing:

A) Adequate timing and pacing - meaning the mission should range between 20mins to 45min top. This also means the story arc needs to be adequately paced.

B) Story content - it needs meaningful & believeable story content that is Star Trek related.

C) True to Canon & reality (Least in a science kind of way) - Having the appearance or reference to other sci fi shows is not the way to go etc...

D) Rewards - Is it a rewarding experience, is the one playing your mission feel rewarded?

Also: the Dev part should incorporate more than just a dilithium reward - The reward as is, does not merit the time spent in these foundry missions.

People value their time & reward over story content per se, especially now that S7 is Grind heavy.

Last edited by stark2k; 11-13-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Ensign
# 66 hail starfleet
11-12-2012, 09:44 PM
a question.
as I report to Starfleet?
I get reportade with hail rstelar fleet but not to me is hayguien tell me where it is please
Empire Veteran
# 67
11-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnifex45 View Post
a question.
I get reportade with hail rstelar fleet but not to me is hayguien tell me where it is please
I am willing to help you but I am afraid I do not understand your question.
Career Officer
# 68
11-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnifex45 View Post
a question.
I get reportade with hail rstelar fleet but not to me is hayguien ??? tell me where it is please
no idea what this question is asking. I tried.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 69
11-12-2012, 11:34 PM
A foundry mission will count towards the daily wrapper mission if its average play time is 20 minutes or longer, not the 30, 45, or 60 minutes that have been suggested by various posts in this thread. So completing three such missions should take a bit over an hour.
--
Lead Programmer: Neverwinter
Career Officer
# 70
11-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehpic View Post
A foundry mission will count towards the daily wrapper mission if its average play time is 20 minutes or longer, not the 30, 45, or 60 minutes that have been suggested by various posts in this thread. So completing three such missions should take a bit over an hour.
As a Foundry author, I am going to attempt to make a series of 3 interconnected 20 (ish) minute episodes worth doing daily. Resulting in one 60 (ish) minute in total series of missions for the daily wrapper.

Thanks for this info, Rehpic !