Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Lieutenant
# 61
11-13-2012, 12:39 AM
I just have to say I am looking forward to seeing the little bit of new content and the rep system. However sadly the bad seriously out ways the good in the fact by reducing all the dilithium rewarded and adding horribly high costs to it seems very counter productive. I just dont understand why PWE would say we listened and this is what we are doing is "What the players asked for?" No way in any way did we ask for all the gouges in dilithium. I might add we didnt ask to have all those rewards reduced. The players did not ask for the borg set to be changed... Granted a few complained about it because they didn't like that someone came up with something they didn't and again something original and interesting someone found has been changed so that can't happen... Again i just don't understand how this is doing what the players asked for....One would think that if this is what players asked for.."I'm confused". I do not see all us players asking for all the costs to go up on everything costing dilithium. Also a personal note...why in the world would you add having to pay dilithium to crafting..Not like we had to pay enough rare materials for rare items..now we pay and be gouged with dilithium too...Just hope i am proved wrong with all the negative things i am seeing about Season 7.
Captain
# 62
11-13-2012, 01:00 AM
"The Dilithium cost associated with Reassignments has been increased:
White to Green: Now 500 Dilithium
Green to Blue: Now 2500 Dilithium
Blue to Purple: Now 5000 Dilithium"

Seriously was this really necessary? New horendous dilithium costs for everything? Have you ever thought that if you're increasing the demand for dilithium that heavily that it might be FAIR to increase supply AND the daily refinement cap as well?

Anyways here are some new ideas where you could demand some dilithium as well:
- warping to a new sector block : 1000 dil
- changing to another ship : 2000 dil
- unsuccessful STF : 5000 dil
- paying for a promotion: 5000 dil
- using a transwarp gate : 1000 dil
- repairing your ship : 1000 dil (minor) 3000 dil (medium) 5000 dil (major)
- renaming your ship : 2000 dil
- failed doff assignment : 1000 dil
- beaming down/up : 500 dil
- installing a new deflector : 2500 dil
- installing a new engine : 2500 dil
- installing a new shield system : 3000 dil

I'm sure people will come up with more brilliant ideas. This will bring you closer to your goal to stop dilithium to zen conversion completely.
Career Officer
# 63
11-13-2012, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
And, because I know it's going to be asked, C-Store releases don't show up in the patch notes. The Vesta(s) and bundle are still scheduled to go live tomorrow

Yes. Copy and paste fail. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Does this also mean lobi items arent displayed also on the notes, and to continue on the question is.. and you know what iam about to ask.. 29th century outfits.. we gettin them finally or what, or is that next season.. i mean at this rate we are never gonna see them.. even though they were displayed in a video awile ago *couph*
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Lieutenant
# 64
11-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Couldn't agree more..It would seem that is there goal to stop that conversion from dilithium because they lose money from it therefore they want it gone. If there is too high of a demand to use it to progress in game then no one will convert to zen anymore. That thinking however will be the undoing of them in my opinion. Why would you want to try and screw the player base that keeps you in business...Nevermind forgot they don't care about it anyway.....This is becoming a real headache, however will see tomorrow what i decide to do...Well if we can play..the last season launch the servers were so full you could not even play so hopefully they have upgraded there server but i doubt that because that would mean they had to spend money instead of making it...hmmm
Empire Veteran
# 65
11-13-2012, 01:31 AM
"Added Shield Regen Rate to ship status window.

Note that this only works while in space."

this is cool, now let us see our shield resistance too
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 66
11-13-2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
Does this also mean lobi items arent displayed also on the notes, and to continue on the question is.. and you know what iam about to ask.. 29th century outfits.. we gettin them finally or what, or is that next season.. i mean at this rate we are never gonna see them.. even though they were displayed in a video awile ago *couph*
I'm curious as to when we might see them too.

In fact, I only have three pressing queries regarding the season 7 release.

1: Will the Vesta class have a dedicated/unique bridge

2: If the Vesta class doesn't have a dedicated/unique bridge, are there any plans to introduce one?

3: Is an update pertaining to the aforementioned 29th century uniforms ETA available?

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lieutenant
# 67
11-13-2012, 01:43 AM
Awesome!! I?m looking forward to S7 - (already tested on Tribble) - so exciting
Career Officer
# 68
11-13-2012, 01:53 AM
I am really delighted with the new content. This is exactly the direction that needs this game. Am glad a lot of new things to explore. Thank you!
Starfleet Veteran
# 69
11-13-2012, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
"The Dilithium cost associated with Reassignments has been increased:
White to Green: Now 500 Dilithium
Green to Blue: Now 2500 Dilithium
Blue to Purple: Now 5000 Dilithium"

Seriously was this really necessary? New horendous dilithium costs for everything? Have you ever thought that if you're increasing the demand for dilithium that heavily that it might be FAIR to increase supply AND the daily refinement cap as well?

Anyways here are some new ideas where you could demand some dilithium as well:
- warping to a new sector block : 1000 dil
- changing to another ship : 2000 dil
- unsuccessful STF : 5000 dil
- paying for a promotion: 5000 dil
- using a transwarp gate : 1000 dil
- repairing your ship : 1000 dil (minor) 3000 dil (medium) 5000 dil (major)
- renaming your ship : 2000 dil
- failed doff assignment : 1000 dil
- beaming down/up : 500 dil
- installing a new deflector : 2500 dil
- installing a new engine : 2500 dil
- installing a new shield system : 3000 dil

I'm sure people will come up with more brilliant ideas. This will bring you closer to your goal to stop dilithium to zen conversion completely.
I think their intention is for people to buy zen with $ and convert to dilithium.

It is a shame, though truly. I've enjoyed STO, I'd even go so far as to say it has been one of my most favorite games of all time. My spending $ record supports this (the devs can look this up). However, since this and the removal of the clickies, I've refused to purchase any more zen (I was one click away during the 15% promotion to spend another $50, when I saw this info).

Their squeezing the life out of players will end up hurting their income. Most players will pay for things if they feel they're getting fair value for their money. However, customers are quick to abandon ship* when they feel they're getting ripped off - especially when there is a great amount of competition (albeit this may be the only STMMO, but it is in competition for usage of time towards entertainment - and face it, there's tons of fun things to do out there and paying/grinding dilithium is not one of them).

*not that I'm abandoning ship here, but this will curtail many of my activities (such as building my small fleet's starbase, etc), and it would take something extraordinary being added before I consider spending more $. A real shame that such great additions by the devs into S7 could be tainted by something as silly as this...it's all shale.

My contributions to your list:
switching characters using their new button: 2000 dil
switching characters by logging out and back in: 500 dil
joining a team: 1000 per team member
assigning an empty quick-key slot: 500 dil
reassigning a quick-key slot: 5000 dil.
changing character "title": 1000 dil
going faster than warp 5: 500 dil/sector

this is too much fun...
There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004

Last edited by tjexcimer500; 11-13-2012 at 02:59 AM. Reason: clarification of "abandoning ship"
Lieutenant
# 70
11-13-2012, 02:59 AM
Quitting when Season 7 comes out:

PRICELESS
Closed Thread