Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Lieutenant
# 81
11-13-2012, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmas314 View Post
I'm just hoping that the logjam of mass logins once season 7 goes live isn't as bad as when season 6 was launched; I recall practically all the holodeck servers were full to capacity for a significant amount of time. Hopefully they learned from that and are prepared for the massive traffic influx this time around. That aside, I can't wait to see what this season has to offer.
Tell you what, I'll make you a deal to help you out here. In return for half your daily dil refining cap earned today, I promise not to log on tonight, that should help the server load and I somehow think I'm going to need the extra dil...
The user formerly known as DogsBody.
Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
Commander
# 82
11-13-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Sever downtime: Pending

Players who don't usually post on the forums: Pending/registering

Rage posts about the patch taking a little longer than usual ("it shouldn't take four hours"): Pending

Rage posts and accusations of incompitence if/when the server is still offline after the ESTIMATED time period has elapsed: Pending

Rage posts pertaining to not being to log into the game once the server is back online (with the associated lack of understanding of the sheer number of people trying the same thing at the exact same time: Pending

It's always so predictable.
Time for popcorn xD

If I don't get to login tonight , I will be missing a day of grinding and starting the reputation projects. THE HORROR
Captain
# 83
11-13-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
"The Dilithium cost associated with Reassignments has been increased:
White to Green: Now 500 Dilithium
Green to Blue: Now 2500 Dilithium
Blue to Purple: Now 5000 Dilithium"

Seriously was this really necessary? New horendous dilithium costs for everything? Have you ever thought that if you're increasing the demand for dilithium that heavily that it might be FAIR to increase supply AND the daily refinement cap as well?
:: READ: Link # 1: Duty Officers Can Be Purchased With Fleet Credits (Prt. I)

:: READ: Link # 2: Duty Officers Can Be Purchased With Fleet Credits (Prt. II)

:: READ: Link # 3: Increased Dilithium rewards for the Fleet Actions

Problem solved. Next question?

Last edited by linyive; 11-13-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 84
11-13-2012, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Don't forget:
~ You can buy duty officers with fleet credits from the fleet base.
~ You can buy unwanted duty officers from the exchange for energy credits.
~ You can recruit new duty officers for free.

When it comes to the increase in dilithium prices, they only affect your ability to upgrade low quality to higher quality duty officers. If you have completed your duty officer projects for a specific skill, (diplomacy, science, military, etc...), you can buy specific duty officers for dilithium. Its always been that way. Plus, you no longer need to buy higher quality duty officers for projects.

Why I agree: Since Cryptic has exchanged specialization for department type, you will be able to buy duty officers with fleet credits to fulfill requirements. Congrats. You just won the lottery. Instead of obtaining your duty officers from the exchange, you can now go directly to your fleet store. Its that simple.

You no longer need to upgrade lower duty officers, so you can sell them for energy credits to buy specific types.

Exchange price gouging is now over.

Cryptic just got rid of the middle man.
I thought that fleet credit purchased doffs could not be used in projects. Is this not the case?
Captain
# 85
11-13-2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adarandrel View Post
I thought that fleet credit purchased doffs could not be used in projects. Is this not the case?
You can use them for projects.

I bought them last night, and I was able to use them.
Rihannsu
# 86
11-13-2012, 05:25 AM
There was a short period when you could not. However, the devs decided that to be not good and changed it back.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 87
11-13-2012, 05:48 AM
To be honest Season 7 doesnt seem to impress me so it going live today does not fill me with joyas it does with both of you for a few reasons

More Grind
Dilithium Cuts
The new STF system
Another Dilithium well with the embassy.

The contstant grind for dilithium that we mostly used to do fleet projects is not getting put into STF weapons one we hit Tier 5 which will take months if not longer for a casual player like myself. I'm really thinking this little break I am taking from STO may become permament as not the RL MMORPG called Life seems more interesting and less of a grind than STO
Captain
# 88
11-13-2012, 06:00 AM
This is what I'm going to listen to as I log in after the S7 patch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeFT3...feature=relmfu

Before you ask, the name is just a coincidence.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Empire Veteran
# 89
11-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
Well we know no KDF ships are coming anytime soon.
The reply will be okay we won't make you any more ships but we will increase the amount of data samples you can get that you do not need LOL.

We need moar KDF SHIPS!
Lt. Commander
# 90
11-13-2012, 06:09 AM
one of 3 options will happen with this s7 update: they pull a scotty and get finished ahead of scheduale (slim possibility), get finished on time (good prossability), or takes longer than usual (good posability)
Closed Thread