Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 101
11-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
Hm, I wonder what final changes (if any) were made to the Vesta.....
Hopefully none!

My Tac toon was stood in the ESD shipyard when the server went down, ready for when the servers are back up and the highly anticipated Vesta is ready to go!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Ensign
# 102
11-13-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
The game is only free from Real Life money transactions if the individual user in question never converts earned Dilithium to Zen, never buys items from the exchange that were bought with Zen and never takes advantage of fleet holdings that have been paid in part by Zen.

Otherwise, whether you action the transaction with your own money or someone elses... that transaction costs RL life money.

So no, only rarely is it truly free. Though you yourself may not put any of your own money into a transaction, so from you point of view it didn't cost you anything.
Quote:
If people didn't complain here and on tribble, Season 7 would be largely unchanged from the Class 5 clusterchuck it was to the Class 3 clusterchuck it's become
Big difference between insulting/complaining and constructive critisicm, I always welcome the latter, but find the first to be depressing and detrimental to the creative process
Captain
# 103
11-13-2012, 06:32 AM
I fixed the third link. It should now go back to the correct post.
Captain
# 104
11-13-2012, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectral3 View Post
I am relatively new to STO, will S7 really be that bad for game play?
There are doomsayers at every season release. Best thing to do is play the new stuff and decide for yourself.

Just make sure not to play any of the new Tau Dewa stuff until you've played "Cutting the Cord", for continuity's sake.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Career Officer
# 105
11-13-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectral3 View Post
OK fine, but as i state, spending by individuals is optional, some choose to, some choose not to, but that should not entitle people to insult the people providing for their entertainment. Coding is not simple, errors do occur and estimates can be off, anyone who has ever done any programming knows that complete times are always estimates,
I don't think it's insulting to say that Cryptic have lied to players before about content, that Cryptic also stealth-ed in changes without announcing them (E.g. the Doff grinder costs). I don't think it's insulting to say they very rarely give good customer service especially in replying to complaints that might be difficult for them to manage PR wise.

I don't think it's insulting to criticizing them for not fixing legacy bugs in the game that have been ticketed time and again only to see no action being taken. I don't think it's insulting to to say that it took them a whole week to fix gamebreaking bugs in both the end-game missions and the first mission in the game as well as a whole clutch in-between.

Quote:
Today my whole group in an STF was disconnected and the mission automatically dropped and when I formed a new group and we killed Armek that the game bugged and spawned a whole group of Borg at the start of the match making it impossible to complete and get the loot bags.
I don't think it's that people are overly demanding or that the game under-valued it's that quite simple much of it is half-assed and only half-fixed.

I think players who have spent money and time on this game have every right to complain.
Captain
# 106
11-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
This is lolworthy, 25k fleet credits for a purple doff if you're lucky enough to be in a fleet at that level... which many are not.
Yes.

Since you do not need them to level your fleet base, the price of purple duty officers should be high enough to make them 'very rare'.
Career Officer
# 107
11-13-2012, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Yeah, just saw that. I've requested it to be updated. My OP was correct -- 6-10am PDT.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Wait PDT or PST? ...? so... how many more hours?
Ensign
# 108
11-13-2012, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
How am I supposed to get enough of security DEPARTMENT doffs (that is assault squad, armory OR security officers) when from purchasing ~100 tactical fleet doffs I usually get ~5 security department doffs and ~95 tactical department doffs? What am I supposed to do with all those white tactical department doffs I don't need? Sell them for nothing on exchange or discard them? At least with the old system I could change them into greens and then sell those greens or change into blues etc. and earn enough to buy needed white security department doffs from exchange. Now with the reassign dilithium price increased this won't be an option...
Lt. Commander
# 109
11-13-2012, 06:46 AM
Season 7? I say hit the warp button, Helmsman!

I dare to quote a classic line here: "Lets see whats out there!"
Being here since 2011 Spring
Starfleet Veteran
# 110
11-13-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesdelta View Post
Wait PDT or PST? ...? so... how many more hours?
3 hours and 15 minutes if it goes to schedule.
Closed Thread