Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 967
# 111
11-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin789 View Post
How am I supposed to get enough of security DEPARTMENT doffs (that is assault squad, armory OR security officers) when from purchasing ~100 tactical fleet doffs I usually get ~5 security department doffs and ~95 tactical department doffs? What am I supposed to do with all those white tactical department doffs I don't need? Sell them for nothing on exchange or discard them? At least with the old system I could change them into greens and then sell those greens or change into blues etc. and earn enough to buy needed white security department doffs from exchange. Now with the reassign dilithium price increased this won't be an option...
They changed the specialization requirement to department specific; therefore, all the duty officers you are talking about will fall into the Tactical department. You will no longer, within most cases, see the requirement for security, assault squad, armory, etc... The new requirement will be random tactical officers. You can now use those unused tactical officers to fill projects.

Example:

Old Project Requirement Approach: 60 Assault Officers <--- Specialization Specific.
New Project Requirement Approach: 60 Tactical Officers <--- Department Specific.

Last edited by linyive; 11-13-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 112
11-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesdelta View Post
Wait PDT or PST? ...? so... how many more hours?
PST. Still stuck on DST lol The OP has the correct time, including a link to see the time in your timezone. Less than 3 hours to go! :WHOOT:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,269
# 113
11-13-2012, 07:06 AM
We wait in eager anticipation!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 11-13-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 15
# 114
11-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
They changed the specialization requirement to department specific; therefore, all the duty officers you are talking about will fall into the Tactical department. You will no longer, within most cases, see the requirement for security, assault squad, armory, etc... The new requirement will be random tactical officers. You can now use those unused tactical officers to fill projects.

Example:

Old Project Requirement Approach: 60 Security Officers <--- Specialization Specific.
New Project Requirement Approach: 60 Tactical Officers <--- Department Specific.
You are wrong mate. There are 7 departments: tactical, security, engineering, operations, science, medical, civilian. There are numerous specializations (assault squad, armory, botanist, biologist, warp theorist, conn officer etc.). Check it out http://www.stowiki.org/Duty_officer

Projects that previously required specific specialization (for example assault squad officers) will now require specific department (in this example security department doffs - that means assault squad, armory OR security doffs).

So my question still stands.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 967
# 115
11-13-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin789 View Post
You are wrong mate. There are 7 departments: tactical, security, engineering, operations, science, medical, civilian. There are numerous specializations (assault squad, armory, botanist, biologist, warp theorist, conn officer etc.). Check it out http://www.stowiki.org/Duty_officer

Projects that previously required specific specialization (for example assault squad officers) will now require specific department (in this example security department doffs - that means assault squad, armory OR security doffs).

So my question still stands.
You answered your own question.

You haven't realized it yet.

As I have been telling everyone, the specialization requirement is no longer an issue.

New requirements are department specific.

Duty officer specialization is no longer relevant.

Last edited by linyive; 11-13-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12
# 116
11-13-2012, 07:11 AM
Reassignment prices are INSANE!



Sweet Zombie Jizzus!
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 117
11-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
You answered your own question.

You haven't realized it yet.

As I have been telling everyone, the specialization requirement is no longer an issue.

New requirements are department specific.
And that doesn't at all answer Darwins original issue.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 118
11-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger420freitas View Post
Reassignment prices are INSANE!



Sweet Zombie Jizzus!
We tried our best to get them to modify it, we had a 70 odd page thread of complaints about this and there was no response from the devs.

On this specific issue they have been disgraceful in their customer service.

Firstly they stealthed the change in on tribble (it was never official announced in the notes)

Secondly when people complained they did nothing.

Shameful by all accounts.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 861
# 119
11-13-2012, 07:16 AM
Your post clears up one thing, that you can buy fleet doffs for fleet credits, though when I did that before the doff was locked upon claiming so I couldn't commit them to fleet projects...

Secondly, you've stated that we can recruit new doffs for free, this is no longer true as the patch notes state there is now a 1000 Dil price for General Recruitment and that the price is higher than that for the individual class recruitments... This will kill fleet progression for me as for the past 8 weeks I've been the only one contributing anything in my fleet and I simply can't afford the Dilithium any more for officers/starbase upgrades/reputation purchases/living and breathing in a PWE world...

I'm really looking forward to season 7, except for the part where PWE decided to take a dilithium shaped stick and ram it up my back-end.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 967
# 120
11-13-2012, 07:16 AM
Original question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin789 View Post
How am I supposed to get enough of security DEPARTMENT doffs (that is assault squad, armory OR security officers) when from purchasing ~100 tactical fleet doffs I usually get ~5 security department doffs and ~95 tactical department doffs?

What am I supposed to do with all those white tactical department doffs I don't need?

Sell them for nothing on exchange or discard them?

At least with the old system I could change them into greens and then sell those greens or change into blues etc. and earn enough to buy needed white security department doffs from exchange. Now with the reassign dilithium price increased this won't be an option...
I answered his question twice. See my posts above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
Secondly, you've stated that we can recruit new doffs for free, this is no longer true as the patch notes state there is now a 1000 Dil price for General Recruitment...
....but, you can still get department specific duty officers for free or at a low price.

Last edited by linyive; 11-13-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:12 AM.