Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 85
i know its a bet early but heres mine still gonna have to test it tho http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...build=veyron_0
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 951
# 2
11-13-2012, 06:43 AM
No, sorry, there are no good builds for the Vesta. The ship is just not versatile enough.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,305
# 3
11-13-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
No, sorry, there are no good builds for the Vesta. The ship is just not versatile enough.
That remains to be seen.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,540
# 4
11-13-2012, 07:12 AM
My planned PvE (STF) builds, which may change later on depending on the actual performance.

SCI Capt. Tactical variant.

Weapons (phaser)
Fore: Fleet DBB (CrtD), Fleet DHC (CrtD), Quad
Aft: 3x Turret (Acc)

Equipment
Deflector: Borg
Engines: Borg
Shields: MACO Mk XII
Devices: Red Matter Capacitor, Subspace Field Modifier, AuxBAT

Consoles
Eng: Tachyokinetic Converter, Borg Console
Sci: Field Emitter, All three special consoles
Tac: 4x Phaser Relay

Boffs:
Cmdr.Sci. - ST1, TSS2, HE3, GW3
Lt.Cmdr.Uni - TT1, CSV1, CRF2
Lt.Tac - BO1, APB1
LT.Eng - EPTS1, AuxSIF1
Ens.Uni - EPTW1

Adv. Runabout Hangar

Purely PvE build that I intend to use as a mixture of DPS and Sci. I've been flying too many generic sci and carriers that are unable or barely able to stop CSE Raptors by themselves, or have horrendous turn-rate. I believe Vesta will fix all that while still keeping my ship as a sci in its core.


Other build, for Engi.Capt. Tactical variant.

Weapons (phaser)
Fore: Fleet DBB (CrtD), Quad, Fleet Quantum (CrtD)
Aft: 3x Turret (Acc)

Equipment
Deflector: Borg
Engines: Borg
Shields: MACO Mk XII
Devices: Red Matter Capacitor, Subspace Field Modifier, AuxBAT

Consoles
Eng: Tachyokinetic Converter, Borg Console
Sci: Field Emitter, All three special consoles
Tac: 4x Phaser Relay

Boffs:
Cmdr.Sci. - ST1, TSS2, HE3, GW3
Lt.Cmdr.Uni - EPTW1, AuxSIF1, EPTS3
Lt.Tac - TT1, CSV1
LT.Eng - EPTE1, ET2
Ens.Uni - TS1

Adv. Peregrine Hangar

More support-healer-tank oriented, but I believe it'll still be able to deal enough DPS to be self sufficient in STFs, like aforementioned Kang duty, solo-ing Raptors. I also plan on having another DHC as a reserve to switch with DBB when DPS will be more important than subsystem targeting.

I think this'll be really fun. But the actual performance remains to be seen.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,305
# 5
11-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
My planned PvE (STF) builds, which may change later on depending on the actual performance.

SCI Capt. Tactical variant.

Weapons (phaser)
Fore: Fleet DBB (CrtD), Fleet DHC (CrtD), Quad
Aft: 3x Turret (Acc)

Equipment
Deflector: Borg
Engines: Borg
Shields: MACO Mk XII
Devices: Red Matter Capacitor, Subspace Field Modifier, AuxBAT

Consoles
Eng: Tachyokinetic Converter, Borg Console
Sci: Field Emitter, All three special consoles
Tac: 4x Phaser Relay

Boffs:
Cmdr.Sci. - ST1, TSS2, HE3, GW3
Lt.Cmdr.Uni - TT1, CSV1, CRF2
Lt.Tac - BO1, APB1
LT.Eng - EPTS1, AuxSIF1
Ens.Uni - EPTW1

Adv. Runabout Hangar

Purely PvE build that I intend to use as a mixture of DPS and Sci. I've been flying too many generic sci and carriers that are unable or barely able to stop CSE Raptors by themselves, or have horrendous turn-rate. I believe Vesta will fix all that while still keeping my ship as a sci in its core.


Other build, for Engi.Capt. Tactical variant.

Weapons (phaser)
Fore: Fleet DBB (CrtD), Quad, Fleet Quantum (CrtD)
Aft: 3x Turret (Acc)

Equipment
Deflector: Borg
Engines: Borg
Shields: MACO Mk XII
Devices: Red Matter Capacitor, Subspace Field Modifier, AuxBAT

Consoles
Eng: Tachyokinetic Converter, Borg Console
Sci: Field Emitter, All three special consoles
Tac: 4x Phaser Relay

Boffs:
Cmdr.Sci. - ST1, TSS2, HE3, GW3
Lt.Cmdr.Uni - EPTW1, AuxSIF1, EPTS3
Lt.Tac - TT1, CSV1
LT.Eng - EPTE1, ET2
Ens.Uni - TS1

Adv. Peregrine Hangar

More support-healer-tank oriented, but I believe it'll still be able to deal enough DPS to be self sufficient in STFs, like aforementioned Kang duty, solo-ing Raptors. I also plan on having another DHC as a reserve to switch with DBB when DPS will be more important than subsystem targeting.

I think this'll be really fun. But the actual performance remains to be seen.
You're not using the Aux cannon that comes with the ship?

Also looks like you're using the old 'Borg 3-piece + MACO shield setup, which has been nerfed and won't be as effective as it once was.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 6
11-13-2012, 07:23 AM
If I should get the Vesta with my Engie I will try something like that:

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...d=Vestablupp_0

Still missing a second EptS ... mmh
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,540
# 7
11-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
You're not using the Aux cannon that comes with the ship?
What for? It's a PvE build, where I'll be flying with 125 weapon power + EPTW anyway, with aux at around 80 buffed occasionally with batteries and doff abilities, so why would I want a cannon that wouldn't be at it's highest dmg potential all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Also looks like you're using the old 'Borg 3-piece + MACO shield setup, which has been nerfed and won't be as effective as it once was.
I only care about the 2-piece set bonus for hull healing in this case. MACO shield is still superior when it comes to capacity, which is going to be more useful considering Vesta's shield modifier.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,305
# 8
11-13-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
What for? It's a PvE build, where I'll be flying with 125 weapon power + EPTW anyway, with aux at around 80 buffed occasionally with batteries and doff abilities, so why would I want a cannon that wouldn't be at it's highest dmg potential all the time?

I only care about the 2-piece set bonus for hull healing in this case. MACO shield is still superior when it comes to capacity, which is going to be more useful considering Vesta's shield modifier.
It wasn't a critisism - was just curious. I've been toying with the idea of dropping the Aux cannons in favor of DHC + Quad cannons, so wondered what your thoughts were on this.

Agreed - I'll likely be sticking to the MACO shield, though am undecided on what to use to suppliment it as don't have the MACO deflector, so can't make the set. Have the full Omega set, but wasn't overly impressed with that to be honest.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 9
11-13-2012, 08:20 AM
EWP + DOff-boosted Viral Matrix + DOff-boosted shield drain Tractor + Danubes = if they're not already dead they will be by the time you bring your cannon arc to fore.

If you have no scruples about P2W, you can throw an aux-buffed Graviton Pulse on for good measure.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 22
# 10
11-13-2012, 08:56 AM
This is just conjecture on the build as I have not seen it or flown it only read what is available.

Just off the top of my head - servers not up yet so my personal preference is the Science as I have always played support / CC /Healer Both in space and ground.

Science Captain / Science Variant


Weapons fore

Aux Cannons
Mk XII fleet phaser array
Mk Xii fleet Plasma Torp

Weapons Aft
Mk XII fleet Tricobolt Mine / Transphasic Mine Cluster
Mk XII fleet phaser Array
Mk XII fleet phaser Array


Shields Borg Mk XI
Deflector Borg Mk XI
Engine Borg Mk XI


From memory my Doffs are
- these are all purple
Reduced time on BO abilities'
remove boarding parties with transfer shield strength
added DE buff with tractor beams
reduced cool down on sub targeting
Gravity well chance to create additional anomalies.


Abilities I use all the time no matter what ship I'm in

Hazard Emitters
Transfer shield strength
Tactical team
Torp spread
Gravity well
Tykens Rift
Tractor Beam
Science Team
Emergency power to shields
Reverse Shield Polarity

By switching out certain BOffs I can add other abilities to the fray
- Tractor beam repulsors
- Energy Siphon


I have always played my toon as a "science captain" not as a tactical or engineer variant. I like the abilities and this build has served me quite well. and I rarely die in elite- stf's with the odd exception I'm focusing too much on the target and not myself

Before criticizing this build or any flaming whatsoever please try to remember Im treating the vesta at this point like most other science ships I fly and will likely be tweaked.


Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Livia Drusilla - Level 50 Engineer

Playing STO since Beta

Leader of S-P-Q-R

Last edited by bagabum; 11-13-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:17 AM.