Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
Organized PvP Channel

This channel has aged so much that now not only the creator of the channel is long gone, but the last admin, Aytanhi is also gone with no desire to return is what I understand from other TSI members.

In the interest of maintaining the channel, and keeping it clean, we need new moderators since we cannot get new admins.

I am not sure if admins can appoint moderators. However, even the last moderators Sivar and Minimax are now either inactive most of the time due to other life obligations or have left to play other games.

I kindly ask to consider the following recommendations for moderator status on the following people:

Hank of Turkish RP Heroes - Inner Circle
Kedric of S.O.B.
Thales of Show Me Your Critz
Sibok of X-Treme - TSI
Hilbert of TSI
Pug of Federation Emergency Services
Anathosion of Sad Pandas
Illusion of ISC
Yoda - Turkish RP Heroes - Devils Rejects
Gallileos - 106th
Damian - Show Me Your Critz

These guys have demonstrated on most occasions an impartial attitude towards all. Although I have not discussed it with them personally, I think they would be the best candidates based on the aforementioned most important fact about being impartial. Also, their active status, and their time zones of activity also attributes my nomination. All of these guys are part of a PvP fleet, and have extensive relationships with other PvP fleets.

If we can get Aytanhi on the horn to make this possible, it would be in the best interest to sustain what's left of a PvP community.

If not, I can see the creation of a new channel in the near foreseeable future.

Last edited by paxottoman; 11-13-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 182
# 2
11-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
Organized PvP Channel

This channel has aged so much that now not only the creator of the channel is long gone, but the last admin, Aytanhi is also gone with no desire to return is what I understand from other TSI members.

In the interest of maintaining the channel, and keeping it clean, we need new moderators since we cannot get new admins.

I am not sure if admins can appoint moderators. However, even the last moderators Sivar and Minimax are now either inactive most of the time due to other life obligations or have left to play other games.

I kindly ask to consider the following recommendations for moderator status on the following people:

Hank of Turkish RP Heroes - Inner Circle
Kedric of S.O.B.
Thales of Show Me Your Critz
Sibok of X-Treme - TSI
Hilbert of TSI
Pug of Federation Emergency Services
Anathosion of Sad Pandas
Illusion of ISC
Yoda - Turkish RP Heroes - Devils Rejects
Gallileos - 106th
Talon Jonas-

These guys have demonstrated on most occasions an impartial attitude towards all. Although I have not discussed it with them personally, I think they would be the best candidates based on the aforementioned most important fact about being impartial. Also, their active status, and their time zones of activity also attributes my nomination. All of these guys are part of a PvP fleet, and have extensive relationships with other PvP fleets.

If we can get Aytanhi on the horn to make this possible, it would be in the best interest to sustain what's left of a PvP community.

If not, I can see the creation of a new channel in the near foreseeable future.
I added a name you somehow forgot.

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,989
# 3
11-13-2012, 08:07 AM
That list does look good, but shouldn't you have talked to them before mentioning them as candidates, Pax? ^^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 4
11-13-2012, 08:10 AM
I have admin for that channel.

Only problem is that when people become muted or banned, they become so permantly.
Dunno if this issue is with all channels.

Edit: Aythani can come on to give op`s.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 5
11-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
That list does look good, but shouldn't you have talked to them before mentioning them as candidates, Pax? ^^
I'm going to be sending them the URL to this forum thread. At that point it's up to them. We still do not know if Aytanhi will be able to do this for us or not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 182
# 6
11-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
I have admin for that channel.

Only problem is that when people become muted or banned, they become so permantly.
Dunno if this issue is with all channels.

Edit: Aythani can come on to give op`s.
Yea its like that with all the channels and its been like that for months now..

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 7
11-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcritz View Post
Yea its like that with all the channels and its been like that for months now..
Then i dont see the point in creating a new channel when we alredy have one.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 8
11-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
I have admin for that channel.

Only problem is that when people become muted or banned, they become so permantly.
Dunno if this issue is with all channels.
I suffered this the most. The channel itself is bugged. Aytanhi worked on it extensively, and I thank him for it. Whenever someone else is muted, I get muted as well and the mods/admins often have trouble unmuting me.

Can you appoint moderators?
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 9
11-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Then i dont see the point in creating a new channel when we alredy have one.
No no, read my initial post. The channel is not maintained.

The fact the channel is bugged is irrelevant to what goes on within the channel. It needs to be moderated regardless. If you cannot appoint moderators, the behavior problems in OPVP will add onto the problems existing in the community as it is. No need to frustrate one another with stupid dialog in OPVP.

A list of moderators will have a deterrence effect on people who troll new players. We really need new blood in PvP.

The fact it's bugged, and people getting muted indefinitely works to our advantages. I'm willing to take one for the team in the event someone gets muted.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 182
# 10
11-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
I suffered this the most. The channel itself is bugged. Aytanhi worked on it extensively, and I thank him for it. Whenever someone else is muted, I get muted as well and the mods/admins often have trouble unmuting me.

Can you appoint moderators?
Yea i got muted in Opvp a few weeks ago, well my alt account did and now it cant get unmuted.

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:22 PM.