Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12
Hey guys. First post. Long time player. I have a lot to say, so i had to create my own thread.

First off to the players, there have been a lot of complaints and crying over the changes, specifically dilithium in S7. Stop flooding the forum with stupid posts. Make your case, then drop it. Not everybody is poor. I can afford to buy endless amounts of zen or whatever. I know it's tough for some of you, but suck it up. Get a second job or stop playing. This is a business, and money comes first. The devs have to appeal to a mass, not a few poor grinders. The lack of appreciation for an above average Startrek game is mind boggling. Accept it for what it is. Stop with the whining.


Second, to the Devs, most of us appreciate your work. You may not hear it, but we do. This is a nice escape to my stressful life. I can jump in my ship and phase out for a few hours before I have to go back to the real grind. I don't really care that the hazard emitter comes off the top of the saucer section, and not the deflector dish. It's not a big deal.

What I do care about is the lack of creativity with regards to the real purpose of Trek, the exploration. Please add a who bunch of space around all sector blocks. Where the deep space borders are, don't block us. This completely defeats the purpose of exploration. Put in dead space if you have to. Make it so, (pun intended) that we have to travel for 15 minutes across unexplored sector space. The unknown is what excites all trek fans. Throw in some unexplored planets or new aliens. Some fighting, some diplomatic missions, anything. Do not ever restrict us from exploring. Increase the cool downs as well for transwarp. It really takes away from the game.

Some other things:
-allow self destruct to be activated anytime and increase the damage.

-please limit the number of torpedoes, have us reload at spacedock, unlimited torps is boring and adds to the god like cheat codes on, things are EXCITING when you run out of conventional weapons and have to be creative in battle. Mines and torps should be finite

-damaged ships cant be fixed in space in 1 second. Again, no realism. Make damaged systems (minor) take 3-4 min, major cant be repaired unless at spacedock


Add New Super Elite difficulty:

This new difficulty will completely change the game, and make it much more fun and exciting. A big problem with STO is the lack of death penalty.

-if you DIE, make penalties severe, your bridge crew survives in escape pods, but you lose the mission, and get sent back to space dock to pick up a new ship, you lose all weapons, consoles, etc.. or maybe get half back using the clever lock box gen to decide which ones. If your on a multi mission, STF, etc... then your team has to come up with a new strategy to win. Increased cool downs is boring and not creative with regards to dying.

-Have a captain rating system to show how many times a captain has lost a ship, show how many missions people have fought at super elite difficulty and obviously anybody with 0 ship losses will have a god like rep, and respect. Conversely, people that die a lot, well lets just say I wouldn't want to go into battle with them. See what I am saying? People love stats, especially good stats to brag about, getting blown up over and over in a mission, adding some patch kits, and fighting again is boring.

-There has to be real risk for there to be any excitement. This will also help us actually make use of consoles like bio function, emergency force fields, more defensive powers, dampeners etc.. the battles will be more calculated, more fun, with the danger of dying and big penalties, it will bring out a whole new level of exciting play by finally being able to implement all the consoles and defensive abilities

If you add these changes, and bring in the exploration to a whole new level, add the danger aspect of death penalty (BIG SEVERE penalty), a captain rating system...a real one, that shows just how good a captain is, THAT will make people fall in love with the game again. Then I will just LOVE my impulse cap cell.

Finnaly, scrap the lock boxes. I guarantee if you just list the ships in the Zen store, and sell each special console for a reasonable price, you will get far more money then these stupid lock boxes. These boxes have turned a lot of people off of the game. We WILL pay for the ships and consoles, just don't insult as with stupid luck boxes.


In any case, I will always be grateful. These is just some constructive criticism I had. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Riker JR.

Last edited by thomasfattiest; 11-13-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 2
11-13-2012, 09:33 AM
If you want a death penalty, knock yourself out.

If you die, exit the mission, go back to space dock, and turn in your ship and get another one.

No reason to make the casual player miserable because you want to make the game "more exciting."
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,283
# 3
11-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfattiest View Post
-if you DIE, make penalties severe, your bridge crew survives in escape pods, but you lose the mission, and get sent back to space dock to pick up a new ship, you lose all weapons, consoles, etc..
I'm sorry, "lose all weapons etc"

What if I can't afford to produce a new set of tetryon weaponry for my ship along with a new Mk XII MACO set because the borg decided to hit me with an invisible torpedo?

What if I don't keep millions of ECs in my bank or hundreds of thousands of dilithium handy to replace all my stuff because I was saving my teammates from death at the hands of a borg cube? Or stopping everything going wrong and getting ganged up on by spheres or hit by 3 iso charges and die instantly as there is nothing that can be done?

Seriously man, THINK! Some people don't have hundreds of pounds spare to waste on a game.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 53
# 4
11-13-2012, 09:44 AM
These are the worst suggestions I've seen in a long time.

Increase the cool down on Transwarp? No thank you. That would make this game take longer to play for no reason other than you like to take the scenic route.

I'm glad you are so rich in real life. Most people aren't. Most people also have jobs, family, school, and such. So people like that want to get to the "meat" of a game, not spend hours just flying around from one mission to the next.

Limit on the number of torpedos? What? How about requiring us to get new dilithium crystals for our engines? How about our crew aging and retiring and such? How about our ship getting wear and tear damage just from flying in sector space? I know... we can make this as realistic as possible and take all the "game" elements out. It should take days of real life time to fly from one end of the current game system. That would certainly make it more "realistic".

Heck, forget about all that, maybe the game should delete your character every time you die requiring you to start a new one.

Yah... I'm a no to everything you are suggestion.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 46
# 5
11-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Obvious flame bait is obvious. Try harder next time! 0/10
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,305
# 6
11-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfattiest View Post
Hey guys. First post. Long time player. I have a lot to say, so i had to create my own thread.

First off to the players, there have been a lot of complaints and crying over the changes, specifically dilithium in S7. Stop flooding the forum with stupid posts. Make your case, then drop it. Not everybody is poor. I can afford to buy endless amounts of zen or whatever. I know it's tough for some of you, but suck it up. Get a second job or stop playing.
I don't believe this thread is going to go well for the OP. It's just as well he/she doesn't post regularly.

Talk about turning the entire community against you in one foul swoop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfattiest View Post
-allow self destruct to be activated anytime and increase the damage.
I never want you on my team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfattiest View Post
Increase the cool downs as well for transwarp. It really takes away from the game.
You consider watching you ship fly across a blank screen for 15 mins fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfattiest View Post
-please limit the number of torpedoes, have us reload at spacedock, unlimited torps is boring and adds to the god like cheat codes on, things are EXCITING when you run out of conventional weapons and have to be creative in battle. Mines and torps should be finite.
You consider infinite torps "god like"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfattiest View Post
-if you DIE, make penalties severe, your bridge crew survives in escape pods, but you lose the mission, and get sent back to space dock to pick up a new ship, you lose all weapons, consoles, etc.. or maybe get half back using the clever lock box gen to decide which ones. If your on a multi mission, STF, etc... then your team has to come up with a new strategy to win. Increased cool downs is boring and not creative with regards to dying.
I lost my sense of humor now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfattiest View Post

Riker JR.
I see the problem. Though to be frank, I was kind of expecting it to be Kirk.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 11-13-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
# 7
11-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Seriously dude, you gotta be joking.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 214
# 8
11-13-2012, 10:11 AM
I have to agree .. this got to be the worst suggestions I have ever seen.

Not to mention that the suggestions would mean a totally rework of the game..

Seriously... you need to get back on your meds.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,633
# 9
11-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfattiest View Post
...First off to the players, there have been a lot of complaints and crying over the changes, specifically dilithium in S7. Stop flooding the forum with stupid posts. Make your case, then drop it. Not everybody is poor. I can afford to buy endless amounts of zen or whatever. I know it's tough for some of you, but suck it up. Get a second job or stop playing.
Wow. Just wow. Been a long time since I've seen contempt for others which is professional grade. Of course this is the Internet. So this means there will be exactly zero consequences for your bold statement. Ever said things like this in person to someone? I'm guessing...no. I reckon it's a safe bet you're not part of the 47%, are you? News flash, I'm not either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfattiest View Post
Second, to the Devs, most of us appreciate your work. You may not hear it, but we do. This is a nice escape to my stressful life. I can jump in my ship and phase out for a few hours before I have to go back to the real grind. I don't really care that the hazard emitter comes off the top of the saucer section, and not the deflector dish. It's not a big deal.

What I do care about is the lack of creativity with regards to the real purpose of Trek, the exploration. Please add a who bunch of space around all sector blocks. Where the deep space borders are, don't block us. This completely defeats the purpose of exploration. Put in dead space if you have to. Make it so, (pun intended) that we have to travel for 15 minutes across unexplored sector space. The unknown is what excites all trek fans. Throw in some unexplored planets or new aliens. Some fighting, some diplomatic missions, anything. Do not ever restrict us from exploring. Increase the cool downs as well for transwarp. It really takes away from the game.

Some other things:
-allow self destruct to be activated anytime and increase the damage.

-please limit the number of torpedoes, have us reload at spacedock, unlimited torps is boring and adds to the god like cheat codes on, things are EXCITING when you run out of conventional weapons and have to be creative in battle. Mines and torps should be finite

-damaged ships cant be fixed in space in 1 second. Again, no realism. Make damaged systems (minor) take 3-4 min, major cant be repaired unless at spacedock
For someone who appreciates the game, you seem to have quite a few issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfattiest View Post
...if you DIE, make penalties severe, your bridge crew survives in escape pods, but you lose the mission, and get sent back to space dock to pick up a new ship, you lose all weapons, consoles, etc.. or maybe get half back using the clever lock box gen to decide which ones. If your on a multi mission, STF, etc... then your team has to come up with a new strategy to win. Increased cool downs is boring and not creative with regards to dying...There has to be real risk for there to be any excitement...
You want real excitement? With a real risk attached? Sign on with the US Military and volunteer for a tour in Afghanistan. Nothing anywhere near the risk of Real Death in STO. From personal experience, I doubt the Devs will ever be able to come up with anything quite like it. What's that? You can't? Because Afghanistan does not currently have any Respawn Points? Oh my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfattiest View Post
In any case, I will always be grateful. These is just some constructive criticism I had. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Riker JR.
Viewing the language and tone of your OP, 'Grateful' isn't the first word which comes to mind. I have a few I am thinking of which describe your post much better. However, the use of said words in public would probably get me permabanned everywhere. So, I'll just let everybody else figure them on their own. After all, we have plenty of time between watching NASCAR at the trailer park and picking up our next Gub'Mint check. Me and the rest of the Proletariat have to get back to work now in the sweatshop you own. So you can afford all that expensive Zen while you're looking down your nose at us. TTFN and Ya'sum Bawss. Don' whip me no mo'! I'se promise to be a good field han' from now on!
*bowing and scraping as I back away from your august personage.*
Why do I enjoy JJTrek?

Because I can. Just sayin'

Remember, Kids - Every Doom Is Awesome!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 68
# 10
11-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfattiest View Post

-please limit the number of torpedoes, have us reload at spacedock, unlimited torps is boring and adds to the god like cheat codes on, things are EXCITING when you run out of conventional weapons and have to be creative in battle. Mines and torps should be finite

-damaged ships cant be fixed in space in 1 second. Again, no realism. Make damaged systems (minor) take 3-4 min, major cant be repaired unless at spacedock

This new difficulty will completely change the game, and make it much more fun and exciting. A big problem with STO is the lack of death penalty.

-if you DIE, make penalties severe, your bridge crew survives in escape pods, but you lose the mission, and get sent back to space dock to pick up a new ship, you lose all weapons, consoles, etc.. or maybe get half back using the clever lock box gen to decide which ones. If your on a multi mission, STF, etc... then your team has to come up with a new strategy to win. Increased cool downs is boring and not creative with regards to dying.


Riker JR.
And I can almost hear you whining and screaming if they made them changes and you got killed, you would rush to the forums and scream for changes.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:04 AM.