Lt. Commander
# 1 P2w:
11-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Really P2W isn't about you or whatever you buy.
Its not going to make the game better let me explain, I've not bought any pay 2 win for months did the game get any better? Simple answer no.
Its the same bull**** from the developers more Pay2Win gets released more ships become released sure you win some if you buy them, small edges entire ship full of crap and sure your gonna beat the pugs if you have them but, I think this is the first real ship that is going to have it all its a science ship with perfect shields that can run really good damage skills from auxiliary cannons. But in its purest form this game is getting worse the consoles they release aren't any fun and the grind they add in season 7 is quite frankly horrid. People leaving this game because pvp feels like isn't worth anything and your forced to pvp isn't a joke It really start to feel like developers are actually pushing people away from pvp.

Rant over.
Noone.
Commander
# 2
11-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorandra View Post
Really P2W isn't about you or whatever you buy.
Its not going to make the game better let me explain, I've not bought any pay 2 win for months did the game get any better? Simple answer no.
Its the same bull**** from the developers more Pay2Win gets released more ships become released sure you win some if you buy them, small edges entire ship full of crap and sure your gonna beat the pugs if you have them but, I think this is the first real ship that is going to have it all its a science ship with perfect shields that can run really good damage skills from auxiliary cannons. But in its purest form this game is getting worse the consoles they release aren't any fun and the grind they add in season 7 is quite frankly horrid. People leaving this game because pvp feels like isn't worth anything and your forced to pvp isn't a joke It really start to feel like developers are actually pushing people away from pvp.

Rant over.
REPORTED!

Just kidding Zorena, you and Hilbert are like identical in personality. I can say the same for myself. I think adapting to the conditions imposed on the PvP community is the best viable option left for the most of us.

Setting example on not to use P2W seems to be working for the most part and gaining a lot of momentum in the TRH camp's influence on the remaining PvPers in this game.

Unfortunately, this cannot be said for most people.

However, everything you said is merited in truth. And I appreciate another old timer posting negative feedback on the status quo. Keep fighting the good fight Zorena, take care.
Captain
# 3
11-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Is much better if you beat someone because of your skill or teamskill and not by some console that you buy
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Commander
# 4
11-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Is much better if you beat someone because of your skill or teamskill and not by some console that you buy
This kind of attitude is what makes everyone wanna keep playing. You're awesome man!
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-13-2012, 07:41 AM
Well I suppose they make a lot of money so I fear more p2w stuff will come and we somehow have to live with it. But I heard often that p2w consoles are crutches for bad players or something like that. Now that gave me a thought...

We all know many randoms lack the basic understanding of the game mechanics. Like how to make a simple keybind to distribute shields. It's not so easy to educate new players because they have to be willing to listen and to learn. So why not some new "p2w" consoles that exactly help players like that.
Why not have an auto distribute shields console. Now mind you I don't think it should be something like TT but simply a console that has the same effect as spamming your distribute shields button. So in the end you are wasting a console slot because you don't get an advantage if you are already distributing shields. But I think many players would spend money on such a thing, it would improve pvp for all of us I suppose, it would even help in pve and cryptic could make money.

Now I suppose we could come up with many such things, that won't help an experienced player but improve the performance of new players. And since cryptic would sell them they make money and all are happy.
Career Officer
# 6
11-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-13-2012, 08:26 AM
I think a better solution would be to come and play MWO with the rest of us.

Read the sig...its true
Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
Captain
# 8
11-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Agreed. Should be a PvP mantra.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo1raine View Post
I think a better solution would be to come and play MWO with the rest of us.

Read the sig...its true
I have been playing the past few nights its a pretty fun game.. but only have a few people on my friends list

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-13-2012, 09:14 AM
p2w can be bad, but personally what I hate in pvp is people using bug or ability/items "not working as intended".

Moreover if you are talking about ships or console you also have to talk about certain duty officers.