Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 51
11-13-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
83% of the time it works...that's enough proc chance to me. The opportunity cost would be to loose another 2 engineering slots.
As it stands for me I'd only gain 1 Lt eng and 1 ens eng slot for praying for doff proc
As far as I am concerned that's not worth it
Captain
# 52
11-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
As it stands for me I'd only gain 1 Lt eng and 1 ens eng slot for praying for doff proc
As far as I am concerned that's not worth it
Huh, that only it's like extra extended for team for example. But suit yourself hehe
Commander
# 53
11-13-2012, 07:35 AM
My opinion is that developers need to make some changes to eng captains there are some powers that are useless or not very effective. And there is the problem of the dominion bug in PvP they tank like crazy it is so irritating And if possible more power to torpedo please!
Rihannsu
# 54
11-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Well DOFF changed that. You can cycle two EpTx with 2 dmg control doffs.
dude if only i had known, awesome buff to cruisers with many eng ens slots. ALso makes my eps all the more valuable when every single ship in the game can rotate two EptX copies, at the rate of four. I stand corrected Eng in space have been saved by doffs.

Well at least we still have NI, oops hello DEM doff. Engs are only allowed to pilot a starship, because crytic's QnA needs them to test foundry content without dieing.

I still stand by team snb batteries, and team ApA batteries. Let everybody else feel the love too.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 11-13-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Captain
# 55
11-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Way to pick up on my line in other context havam, meh are you related to jorf ? your sarcastic nature seems strangely familiar.
Rihannsu
# 56
11-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:
are you related to jorf ?
ouch! dalnar vs. havam 1:0
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lieutenant
# 57
11-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
The problem is that Engies should overwhelmingly be the superior healing/cleansing/maintenance class, and Scis should be average to mediocre at best. It should not be nearly as close or as debatable as it is right now.

I've said this before but the cross-pollination of heals from Engies to Scis was a big mistake from my perspective... TSS and to a lesser extent HE are the main culprits here. That said, in fairness to the devs I've no idea how you'd begin to go about changing that. Lots of ships simply could not survive in PvP without those Sci heals and cleanses.

Perhaps the game's total damage output could be toned down to compensate while Ensign Sci powers are made much more offensive, as they always should've been.
I think you've nailed it Shimmerless

Engineers have allways been the Mr. Fixit's in Star Trek and if any class should be the healers in space it should be the engineers. Why does science have the specialty in shield repair? It makes no sense. Science should apply nerfs to opponents and should be used to mitigate science nerfs on your own team. Basically science should be used to neutralize science.

Engineers should be the Kings of ship power and repair and they should be helpful to the rest of the team:

- Engineering fleet should be a short cooldown ability that increases hull and shield repair rates and buff heals and systems repairs for everyone on the team.
- Make more engineering captain powers castable on team members.
- Make it so the power transfer ability breaks the 125 power cap.

Last edited by tudenom; 11-13-2012 at 10:34 AM.