Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 21
11-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
UNLIMITED POWAH!!!

Sorry. The issue to limit mods is Aythani`s concern not mine.
Question. Why should we resort to a person who refuses to play this game (as per what you said about him coming back), in deciding who governs the channel?

Anyone else find something wrong with the picture?
Career Officer
# 22
11-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
Organized PvP Channel

This channel has aged so much that now not only the creator of the channel is long gone, but the last admin, Aytanhi is also gone with no desire to return is what I understand from other TSI members.

In the interest of maintaining the channel, and keeping it clean, we need new moderators since we cannot get new admins.

I am not sure if admins can appoint moderators. However, even the last moderators Sivar and Minimax are now either inactive most of the time due to other life obligations or have left to play other games.

I kindly ask to consider the following recommendations for moderator status on the following people:

Hank of Turkish RP Heroes - Inner Circle
Kedric of S.O.B.
Thales of Show Me Your Critz
Sibok of X-Treme - TSI
Hilbert of TSI
Pug of Federation Emergency Services
Anathosion of Sad Pandas
Illusion of ISC
Yoda - Turkish RP Heroes - Devils Rejects
Gallileos - 106th

These guys have demonstrated on most occasions an impartial attitude towards all. Although I have not discussed it with them personally, I think they would be the best candidates based on the aforementioned most important fact about being impartial. Also, their active status, and their time zones of activity also attributes my nomination. All of these guys are part of a PvP fleet, and have extensive relationships with other PvP fleets.

If we can get Aytanhi on the horn to make this possible, it would be in the best interest to sustain what's left of a PvP community.

If not, I can see the creation of a new channel in the near foreseeable future.
You want to replace inactive TSI members, with more TSI members?

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think the OPVP needs new Mods/Admins. PvPers in general are smarter then the vast majority of the STO playerbase. They're smart enough to know that if they screw up to such a major extent, then it stays with them, there are only so many people in the community, only so many fleets with a PVP element and only so many channels/TS's they can be in. Once they burn the bridges then it's very hard to rebuild them. PVP is just too small a community.

All that said, it can get heated, certain fleets break match rules, certain fleets who pride themselves on certain aspects then disregard them etc etc. You can't expect to be friendly with everyone! But does it really need moderation? I don't think so. It IS Player Vs Player after all, that in itself is naturally going to spark confrontation of one sort or another. Besides, our choices are either Mods from fleets, who aren't immune to favoritism, or asking Alecto or one of his ilk to watch it. And as his Events channel is a red-taped hell hole, i'd rather not think about that line lol.

EliteSTF - 'nuff said,
Career Officer
# 23
11-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think the OPVP needs new Mods/Admins. PvPers in general are smarter then the vast majority of the STO playerbase. They're smart enough to know that if they screw up to such a major extent, then it stays with them, there are only so many people in the community, only so many fleets with a PVP element and only so many channels/TS's they can be in. Once they burn the bridges then it's very hard to rebuild them. PVP is just too small a community.

All that said, it can get heated, certain fleets break match rules, certain fleets who pride themselves on certain aspects then disregard them etc etc. You can't expect to be friendly with everyone! But does it really need moderation? I don't think so. It IS Player Vs Player after all, that in itself is naturally going to spark confrontation of one sort or another. Besides, our choices are either Mods from fleets, who aren't immune to favoritism, or asking Alecto or one of his ilk to watch it. And as his Events channel is a red-taped hell hole, i'd rather not think about that line lol.

EliteSTF - 'nuff said,

Agreed.

its simple, if u act like a douche u will be treated in such a way too

no, dont give any powers to certain induviduals

ive seen a lot of bitchin and maybe i add some too

but givin powers to different induviduals from different fleets that's gunna be funny

"Sad Panda member : hey u guy from 106th ure an ass!"

"guy from 106th fleet : w000t? ima ban ure ass!"

"other Sad Panda member : if u ban his ass ima ban ure ass!"

sorry for the examples being made (Sad Panda's/106th fleet )

but ull catch my drift

that would be asking for more trouble imo

and the term : we are all adults is far gone some times
Commander
# 24
11-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antlen69 View Post
Agreed.

its simple, if u act like a douche u will be treated in such a way too

no, dont give any powers to certain induviduals

ive seen a lot of bitchin and maybe i add some too

but givin powers to different induviduals from different fleets that's gunna be funny

"Sad Panda member : hey u guy from 106th ure an ass!"

"guy from 106th fleet : w000t? ima ban ure ass!"

"other Sad Panda member : if u ban his ass ima ban ure ass!"

sorry for the examples being made (Sad Panda's/106th fleet )

but ull catch my drift

that would be asking for more trouble imo

and the term : we are all adults is far gone some times
I'll add onto that

NoobPvPer: Hey is this the channel for PvPers?
Troll: shut up nub

NoobPvPer:What?

NoobPvPer: Can someone answer my question?

NoobPvPer:please stop trolling me.

NoobPvPer:argh screw this...

Good luck dealing with this. That noob can be the next Yoda, Thales, Aytanhi, MT, Era, Hank, etc. But guess what, he was poorly treated. So, his PvP development is curbed due to trolling in that channel.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-13-2012, 09:59 AM
The great thing about the OPVP channel is that for the most part goes unmoderated. The channel does not need any (more) Mods.
Captain
# 26
11-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
I'll add onto that

NoobPvPer: Hey is this the channel for PvPers?

NoobPvPer:What?

NoobPvPer: Can someone answer my question?

NoobPvPer:please stop trolling me.

NoobPvPer:argh screw this...

Good luck dealing with this. That noob can be the next Yoda, Thales, Aytanhi, MT, Era, Hank, etc. But guess what, he was poorly treated. So, his PvP development is curbed due to trolling in that channel.

Except that this almost never happens. Anyone who approaches OPVP with a genuine desire to learn, rather than calling hax on everyone, is usually treated with respect and ends up with a mentor or 2 to help them learn. Even when someone is calling hax, attempts are made to understand what went wrong for the player and provide solutions/feedback. Rarely, and I mean very rarely, does it degenerate into what you have described.

OPVP doesn't need moderators, that's what ignore buttons are for. We're [mostly] all adults in there. Previous attempts at this have just led to drama. Personally, I wish nobody had admin rights in that channel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
We actually really don't like A2B, but it's a bit of a "third rail" situation. When we have the right fix to it, someday, we'll probably possibly maybe make it.
Career Officer
# 27
11-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Moderation in any other quantity than absolute minimum is a bad thing.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Commander
# 28
11-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
This has nothing to do with fleets. It's based on an individual assessment. Can you not agree that Hilbert is a fair, knowledgeable, and impartial person to lead a community and protect it?

Quote:
It IS Player Vs Player after all...
Right, so let's keep it player vs player. Not troll vs troll.

This is really to add a sportive nature to what we do. In the upcoming weeks there will be a lot of frustrations over the changes. There will be a lot of people trying to get even with words over a match lost. These people are guardians to ensure it remains player vs player.

gg, gf, thanks for playing, thanks for the game, will replace the overwhelming amount of

shut up nub, p2w nub, sn doffer!, we lost because, you won because, this fleet is, that fleet is, i had nubs on my team.. etc.

Some people don't have as thick a skin as you and I Regulus. Some people just take off, and its happened a lot lately. Generally speaking, people dislike the negative dialog in the channel. We should take steps to prevent it from influencing people to quit because they got called a nub. Keep it clean in the channel, we're presenting it to new people.

LoL when I think OPVP I think Colt 45s, 9mms, the ghetto, and inactive players because someone got "brap brap'd" in the channel. Let's present this community as worth being part of.
Captain
# 29
11-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Less is a lot more, especially when it comes to the channel. While I'm sure the names listed are all lovely people, STO can get heated and that's precisely why in-game power should be employed as sparingly as possible.

Bear in mind that you also can't easily revoke a mute or a ban order, meaning it only takes one spate of overnight drama for irrevocable changes to be made.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 30
11-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
This has nothing to do with fleets. It's based on an individual assessment. Can you not agree that Hilbert is a fair, knowledgeable, and impartial person to lead a community and protect it?

Right, so let's keep it player vs player. Not troll vs troll.

This is really to add a sportive nature to what we do. In the upcoming weeks there will be a lot of frustrations over the changes. There will be a lot of people trying to get even with words over a match lost. These people are guardians to ensure it remains player vs player.

gg, gf, thanks for playing, thanks for the game, will replace the overwhelming amount of

shut up nub, p2w nub, sn doffer!, we lost because, you won because, this fleet is, that fleet is, i had nubs on my team.. etc.

Some people don't have as thick a skin as you and I Regulus. Some people just take off, and its happened a lot lately. Generally speaking, people dislike the negative dialog in the channel. We should take steps to prevent it from influencing people to quit because they got called a nub. Keep it clean in the channel, we're presenting it to new people.

LoL when I think OPVP I think Colt 45s, 9mms, the ghetto, and inactive players because someone got "brap brap'd" in the channel. Let's present this community as worth being part of.
I picture the end result being somewhat different (seeing that it has happened before, I am speaking from experience). Drama will happen. "Such and such muted me for disagreeing with him" "Such and such muted me because he doesn't like me" etc...

Moderation in OPVP is unnecessary, it is unnecessary in most channels. I said it above. We have mute buttons. If you think someone is trolling, just ignore him or her. That's the easiest, most reliable and fairest method of moderation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
We actually really don't like A2B, but it's a bit of a "third rail" situation. When we have the right fix to it, someday, we'll probably possibly maybe make it.