Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 242
# 11
11-13-2012, 11:01 AM
First this ship doesn't have perfect shields it has the 2nd lowest mod of any sci ship. It has one of the lowest non escort hulls in the game. Yes it has DHC. Cool drop aux and kill its sci abilities and weapons in the same hit. Stop complaining about a ship that isn't out yet. Can we all stop complaining about it please. I fly sci/sci 75% and I find almost no appeal in this ship now maybe on my tact. Anyways that's just my 2 ec's worth
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,619
# 12
11-13-2012, 11:03 AM
anything placed between the levels of skill clashing fairly is bad for pvp. AMS , bug ship and runabouts are the top offenders.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,416
# 13
11-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
REPORTED!

Just kidding Zorena, you and Hilbert are like identical in personality. I can say the same for myself. I think adapting to the conditions imposed on the PvP community is the best viable option left for the most of us.

Setting example on not to use P2W seems to be working for the most part and gaining a lot of momentum in the TRH camp's influence on the remaining PvPers in this game.

Unfortunately, this cannot be said for most people.

However, everything you said is merited in truth. And I appreciate another old timer posting negative feedback on the status quo. Keep fighting the good fight Zorena, take care.
i think not using something to show how bad it is, is counter productive.

it didnt seem to work at all in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Is much better if you beat someone because of your skill or teamskill and not by some console that you buy
what if im skilled at using the consoles? -button masher-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 844
# 14
11-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcritz View Post
I have been playing the past few nights its a pretty fun game.. but only have a few people on my friends list
What's your MWO handle? I'll add you. Most of the Pandas are playing it now.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 182
# 15
11-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
What's your MWO handle? I'll add you. Most of the Pandas are playing it now.
@ simoncritz

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,429
# 16
11-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Well, it's spread to Steam.

Honestly, I'm waiting for the McDonald's Happy Meal Lockbox. You buy a Happy Meal, and you have a chance to get some nifty "item" - and - well, yeah - I can see it... maybe when the next ST movie comes out.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 585
# 17
11-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
First this ship doesn't have perfect shields it has the 2nd lowest mod of any sci ship. It has one of the lowest non escort hulls in the game. Yes it has DHC. Cool drop aux and kill its sci abilities and weapons in the same hit. Stop complaining about a ship that isn't out yet. Can we all stop complaining about it please. I fly sci/sci 75% and I find almost no appeal in this ship now maybe on my tact. Anyways that's just my 2 ec's worth
Set 3-Piece power provides Shield and Hull DR up 100% with no diminishing returns scaling on your Aux setting.

Aux DHC's run entirely off of Aux Power Setting and are [Acc]x2 [Dmg], decent, but not brain-breaking mods.

The Vesta gets to fly around with its healing, primary weapons, and hangar cranked up to 11 with minimal reason to change power settings on the fly. You put a Sci in it and you mega debuffing all the time with the option of really going nuts with pet spam and still reasonable firepower. Put a Tac in it and you get your healing available at full power while still belting out significant damage and crippling debuffs. All this without getting into whatever kind of weirdness one can pull with double Aux2Bat. Maybe being able to perma VM a target while dumping out 4 Particle Console Tac Buffed buffed Eject Warp Plasma 1's with Runabout support?

Fun times, indeed. It's not invincible, but as Fed Ships go, it's gonna have more ways to come at you sideways than just about anything out there.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
# 18
11-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurialo View Post
p2w can be bad, but personally what I hate in pvp is people using bug or ability/items "not working as intended".
But thats the problem right? all those changes ARE working as intended.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 19
11-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Pay 2 Whine, the newest definition I heard recently for the acronym P2W.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 20
11-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
Set 3-Piece power provides Shield and Hull DR up 100% with no diminishing returns scaling on your Aux setting.

Aux DHC's run entirely off of Aux Power Setting and are [Acc]x2 [Dmg], decent, but not brain-breaking mods.

The Vesta gets to fly around with its healing, primary weapons, and hangar cranked up to 11 with minimal reason to change power settings on the fly. You put a Sci in it and you mega debuffing all the time with the option of really going nuts with pet spam and still reasonable firepower. Put a Tac in it and you get your healing available at full power while still belting out significant damage and crippling debuffs. All this without getting into whatever kind of weirdness one can pull with double Aux2Bat. Maybe being able to perma VM a target while dumping out 4 Particle Console Tac Buffed buffed Eject Warp Plasma 1's with Runabout support?

Fun times, indeed. It's not invincible, but as Fed Ships go, it's gonna have more ways to come at you sideways than just about anything out there.
So far the only real weakness I've noticed is that it suffers from bleed. Amazing timing on the release of that Steamie console, then!

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:34 AM.