Career Officer
# 71
11-13-2012, 11:12 AM
I was able to get the code by going into steam, right clicking on Star Trek Online and choosing View CD Keys.

Also, the VA Steamrunner shows up in game as having a 0.7 shield modifier as well.

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Career Officer
# 72
11-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Nevermind, I figured it out.

Go To you Star Trek Online section in the Libary.

Off on the right hand side there's a number of links, select "CD Key", that will show you all keys you own for the game. Inlcuding the 7 digit product key.
Reave
Rihannsu
# 73
11-13-2012, 11:13 AM
What i did.

Get the Steam Pack off steam
return to it after purchasing and hit play to download Star Trek Online on steam
Wait till it appears in the Library list and click show product code
use the 7 digit code on the redeem code page on my PWE account
Go to Z-store to bundle section.
Lieutenant
# 74
11-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Can someone please clarify this? How do i get the steamrunner ship? If I have to install steam on my system...that will never happen...I hope that is not the case...but so far cannot find on the c-store so im thinking you might to buy it through steam...there is enough third party crap and garbage by no means will i install steam and allow that program to invade resources and let in god knows what....PLease can someone clarify this? If i missed in a previous post sorry...
If they make something idiot proof. They will come out with better idiots
Captain
# 75
11-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

Steam will be updating the text for the VA version of the Steamrunner -- it should actually list a shield modifier of 1, not .7 .

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
So this 10 dollar ship has better shields than the 20 dollar fleet ship (2000 zen) I was saving to buy ?

Cryptic sure has a funny way of telling their customers they're important.

>>customer lost
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Rihannsu
# 76
11-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
It should be 7 digits long -- possibly in another email? I'm seeing them get redeemed

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Right click Star Trek Online, in steam. View CD key. It will be there. Mine was.

Brandon, I have "redeemed" it, but it doesnt show as an activated feature on my subscriptions, should it?
Empire Veteran
# 77
11-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
Yay Steamrunners!
thanks for making it, nice adition! but the impulse engines are supposed to be on the main hull, not those struts.

do the ambassador, and norway next!
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 78
11-13-2012, 11:25 AM
FRAK THAT!

i am sitting on 14000 Zen...
and they release DLC through Steam where i can not pay with Zen but only with PayPal.... aaaaw yeah some Beancounter Suit must be real proud of himself now.

I will not support this,
the only result we will see from this is that they will sell MORE DLC through Steam more often circumventing the Dilithium Exchange Users and forcing us to pay RL Money instead.

Career Officer
# 79
11-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1
So this 10 dollar ship has better shields than the 20 dollar fleet ship (2000 zen) I was saving to buy ?

Cryptic sure has a funny way of telling their customers they're important.

>>customer lost
To be fair, it's a promotional thing. Past the 16th, the price goes up. Right now, those $10 are 60% off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick97477
Can someone please clarify this? How do i get the steamrunner ship? If I have to install steam on my system...that will never happen...I hope that is not the case...but so far cannot find on the c-store so im thinking you might to buy it through steam...there is enough third party crap and garbage by no means will i install steam and allow that program to invade resources and let in god knows what....PLease can someone clarify this? If i missed in a previous post sorry...
Obviously I'm a bit rusty with steam, haven't used it much lately, but you don't need to keep steam running on your computer. You can switch it off. Remove it from the startup queue. Or uninstall once you're done. I don't know if they at any point give you the product code - I forgot, I may have overlooked it as 7 digits would not look like a key as I thought I knew it - but you only really need the program temporarily. May not even not to install STO. (I had it started before I realized it might be under the 'CD key' link.)

If you do end up installing it, and keeping steam, but deciding you don't want to waste space on a double install of STO... don't rightclick delete STO from the Steam library. I seem to recall doing that once before, and it uninstalling my regular install, my Tribble and Redshirt installs, right along with it. Just find it in explorer and... deal with it, decisively.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 11-13-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 80
11-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anshra View Post
Right click Star Trek Online, in steam. View CD key. It will be there. Mine was.

Brandon, I have "redeemed" it, but it doesnt show as an activated feature on my subscriptions, should it?
It would not show on the activated features list, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djconcentus View Post
I was able to get the code by going into steam, right clicking on Star Trek Online and choosing View CD Keys.

Also, the VA Steamrunner shows up in game as having a 0.7 shield modifier as well.
I've been told it's a typo and it's actually "1".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment