Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Upset with S7
11-13-2012, 01:38 PM
For those who are upset with Season 7, I can only tell you this: You are not alone.

There's very little that can be done about it, because as long as Cryptic / PW make money on people dishing out cash for zen, there'll be little to no effect. IF however you would like to make a difference, you can.

No longer paying for any aspect of the game is the way to get the companies attention. Cancel your monthly gold membership, do not buy zen, and do not -use- the zen you have in game.

Zen, in game, is a by-product (whether we like it or not) of PW collecting on real life money made in one form or another. We stop giving them money, the company as a whole -will- look at what happened, and what made players stop giving them money to fix the error.

This is the hardest thing for some players (myself included as I have set aside roughly $50 / paycheck for my online gaming fun, which has primarily been STO only since I started playing). This is not impossible. This can be done if you want to see -change-, but only if you want to see change. If you like all aspect of S7, enjoy. Keep playing and paying if you like.

Personally, I'm very upset with the how hard it will be to get Dilithium, and that they've made it near impossible to actually obtain Dilithium without having Zen to buy it from the Exchange. As such, while I will still play, until I can see some changes myself, I will -not- be using a dime of my hard earned money until I personally see some changes. I won't use any zen left in my account, and honestly if there aren't more ways to get dilithium reintroduced into the game, I will personally probably leave the game altogether.

On average for the past 6 months, I've been giving the company $115 / month. $15 for the gold membership sub, and $100 that I've been using to buy Zen. Cryptic / PW has basically told me that they no longer want the money from me by totally ignoring the playerbase with the dilithium nerfs, and honestly, if that's their opinion, I'll take my cash to another game (at this rate that has nothing to do with Cryptic / PW).

I leave this post (and will see who agrees with me and doesn't out of curiosity), but the only way anyone can get through to Cryptic / PW is with money, and if you stop paying, they will notice.

Praxian
Ensign
# 2
11-13-2012, 01:41 PM
sorry i'll still pay.
Career Officer
# 3
11-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalkton View Post
sorry i'll still pay.
Have you adjusted for the price inflation of dilithium? You'll pay more now.
Ensign
# 4
11-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Sorry, but I can't help myself...

You dished out 100 smackers a month to buy zen? Did that unlock a new accolade and title, "Sucker"?
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbeauregard View Post

You dished out 100 smackers a month to buy zen? Did that unlock a new accolade and title, "Sucker"?
LOL...great accolade
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
11-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbeauregard View Post

I payed that much because I could. I can afford to spend that much per month on a game and if I want to I will.

However, with that being said, when a game company wants to blatantly NOT listen to their player-base I'm -Not- going to keep giving them my money.

I just feel that I should let players know who are upset with S7 how to get Cryptic / PW's attention and say "Hey, we don't approve of your changes".

You like S7, I'm glad your happy. I however, am not though. And I know of a lot of others who aren't either.
Captain
# 7
11-13-2012, 04:40 PM
It won't get their attention. All it will do is make them find ways to increase the amount of money they can get for stuff. Because they are perfect, They do not make mistakes. That being the case, the problem is with us, not anything they did.

Haven't you figured that out by now? They know what they are doing. And it's awesome!

At least, that is what they keep telling themselves.
I personally want a Star Trek game that is actually Star Trek. On a qualitative level that could be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. But on a quantitative level, if the developers were to watch star trek and make the game like what they see, then at least it will be a shot in the right direction, as far as I am concerned.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
11-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
It won't get their attention. All it will do is make them find ways to increase the amount of money they can get for stuff. Because they are perfect, They do not make mistakes. That being the case, the problem is with us, not anything they did.

Haven't you figured that out by now? They know what they are doing. And it's awesome!

At least, that is what they keep telling themselves.
They can think that, however when the money stops flowing like it was, then even they have to say "Ya know, we messed up."
Captain
# 9
11-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxian2012 View Post
They can think that, however when the money stops flowing like it was, then even they have to say "Ya know, we messed up."
Even if they were to conclude that, they will not reverse course. No. They will continue to plow ahead full speed until the hypothetical discontinuation of funds results in PWE's decision to pull the plug.

What makes me say that?

Consider SOE's response to the Star Wars Galaxies community's reaction to the NGE. In the space of 24 hours, they loast an estimated 75% of the remaining subscriber base. And after a year and a half they had not turned it around. But did they admit their mistake? Yes. They did. Did they do anything to correct the mistake? No they did not. Their decision was made. Their course was set. And they rode it to the end of the line, never once achieving the potential SWG had. All because of stupid corporate pride.

I see the same exact pattern here. Cryptic, under Perfect World, has become inflexible and single-minded and will not deviate from their course. They HAVE to be right, and to hell with anything any of us have to say about it.

Even though it won't make a difference, I have already chosen to take the OP's position. I refuse to spend a dime of my money on a single unit of Zen. I won't go so far as to refuse to trade Dilithium on the exchange for Zen. Those who posted their Zen on the exchange did so in good faith that someone would make use of it. The money was already spent, or else it was a donation of monthly stipend Zen. But I can honestly say that there are only a handfull of things that I want and they are strictly cosmetic. I won't buy ships to get the consoles. When the Relativity uniform goes on the lobi store, I'll use the Dilithium exchange to get the Zen needed to buy master keys. I'll Sell the loot items on the EC exchange, and will save up the lobi crystals until I can get the uniform.

But as for spending my own money... Not going to happen. So why do I bother to remain? As long is this game remains live, it still has potential. And while I will not hold my breath for Cryptic to actually give a damn about their product, I will hold out hope. It isn't costing me any money. And as to time? Well... I don't play nearly as much as I would if it wasn't a big grindfest.
I personally want a Star Trek game that is actually Star Trek. On a qualitative level that could be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. But on a quantitative level, if the developers were to watch star trek and make the game like what they see, then at least it will be a shot in the right direction, as far as I am concerned.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
11-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Even if they were to conclude that, they will not reverse course. No. They will continue to plow ahead full speed until the hypothetical discontinuation of funds results in PWE's decision to pull the plug.

What makes me say that?

Consider SOE's response to the Star Wars Galaxies community's reaction to the NGE. In the space of 24 hours, they loast an estimated 75% of the remaining subscriber base. And after a year and a half they had not turned it around. But did they admit their mistake? Yes. They did. Did they do anything to correct the mistake? No they did not. Their decision was made. Their course was set. And they rode it to the end of the line, never once achieving the potential SWG had. All because of stupid corporate pride.

I see the same exact pattern here. Cryptic, under Perfect World, has become inflexible and single-minded and will not deviate from their course. They HAVE to be right, and to hell with anything any of us have to say about it.

Even though it won't make a difference, I have already chosen to take the OP's position. I refuse to spend a dime of my money on a single unit of Zen. I won't go so far as to refuse to trade Dilithium on the exchange for Zen. Those who posted their Zen on the exchange did so in good faith that someone would make use of it. The money was already spent, or else it was a donation of monthly stipend Zen. But I can honestly say that there are only a handfull of things that I want and they are strictly cosmetic. I won't buy ships to get the consoles. When the Relativity uniform goes on the lobi store, I'll use the Dilithium exchange to get the Zen needed to buy master keys. I'll Sell the loot items on the EC exchange, and will save up the lobi crystals until I can get the uniform.

But as for spending my own money... Not going to happen. So why do I bother to remain? As long is this game remains live, it still has potential. And while I will not hold my breath for Cryptic to actually give a damn about their product, I will hold out hope. It isn't costing me any money. And as to time? Well... I don't play nearly as much as I would if it wasn't a big grindfest.
I was one of those that left SW:G behind myself when they did their "Iconic" change. I as well see this game going that way and while I will keep playing (like you) my stance is the same, until they can get their head out of the collective behinds, no more of my money will be spent on the game.

That is the biggest thing I'm trying to get across here. Is that if the people that are upset with Season 7 stop using their cash on the game, the company as a whole will see that they have messed up and fix their mistake.

This mistake at least, isn't as huge a game-changer as the shift to Iconic classes was in Galaxies, but this is still a pretty big F-up as far as the game goes.

It's obvious the community as a whole hates it, but the question becomes does the community as a whole have the guts to stop paying cash for the game in hopes that the upper management takes a look and goes "Woah, what the hell happened?!"