As some have noticed, Season 7 going live was commemorated with a new piece of artwork starring New Romulus, some Tholians getting the first hits on hero ships, and a vulcan woman dressed up in pieces of the Odyssey uniform you can buy from the Tailor in Fleet Starbases (with the academy skirt and high-heel boots).
So, congrats on the launch of Season 7. And kudos on the art - I know it's a mixed bag with people, but I like it.
However, I have a couple of questions!
1) I bought the Open Jacket uniforms from the C-Store. How long until we get an open jacket version of the Odyssey uniform? ~_^
2) As I am slightly colorblind, I'd be interested in artists providing an idea of how to have the Odyssey uniform in-game customized to match the colors shown on the Pretty Phaser Lady - there are official colors for the Sierra and Jupiter uniforms... but nothing was hinted at until now for the Odyssey uniforms (y'know, like "Tunic A9, F17, H2" or something).
Well i haven't posted in a while, but seeing the new season 7 frontpage has given me a reason to do so.
I cannot believe how absurdly bad she looks. I don't normally have an issue with revealing outfits or uniforms. But this is just gratuitous and cheap.
She is a captain in starfleet, yet can't seem to pay attention to where she is aiming her phaser, the cleavage is tastelessly right above the download button, and she is falling over, apparently because she is too top heavy, or maybe because she is too empty headed to walk and shoot phasers at the same time.
You want a vulcan chick in a revealing outfit? Fine. But for the love of Trek, make it tasteful! Make her look competent! Make her look like she actually earned her command through hard work and accomplishments, not by being on assignment under Quinn's desk!
She could have been pointing the phaser at us, held in both hands with a look on her face that says she means business, and in that pose, her breasts would have had plenty of reason to be pressed together.
Or perhaps she could have been sitting in a chair looking stressed and a bit tired at a mountain of reports to explain her dressing down. Its the kind of scene that says here is a competent, attractive woman trying to fix these problems, but there's just too much for one person.
So honestly, give us something better. You can dress her however you want, but make her look like she isn't a bimbo tripping over her own feet about to complain about breaking a nail, because the caption for that picture screams, "Like OMG, I dropped my phaser!"
If it is not clear from my new Avatar and Sig.
I am not a fan of the new artwork.
Three professional artist friends looked at this.
2 outright laughed.
Their comments :
(1) Is she running or falling ?
(2) Not looking where firing her gun
(3) Overall 'Cheesecake' fanservice look to the artwork.
(4) Bad choice for a company trying to appeal to a broad array of fans.
(5) So, you're playing Evony Online now ?
and my favorite
(6) One look at that front page, and I would close the site, and never look back.
I think I am gonna go commission a new human Tactical Boff and name him Handsome Phaser Guy.
Kinda strange to see it make a come back considering we weren't allowed to have it cut that low. Maybe PWE doesn't care about the ERSB and we could see this added to the Lobi store to squeeze a few more pennies from the player base.