Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lieutenant
# 11
11-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Cheek bone sliders would do wonders for making distinctive faces.

Also decoupling the eye & nose shapes on the faces would be nice (i.e. have face 2 eyes & face 1 nose shape).
Captain
# 12
11-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Good idea. While both sides need more options hair and clothing style... the KDF is the butt monkey in this regard.
Ensign
# 13
11-18-2012, 11:21 PM
As a person of mixed race, I actually find it offensive that the "Asian" and the "Caucasian" features are separated the way they are. Peoples features exist more on a gradient of sorts if anything. Put eyes and nose shape on two different sliders, along with everything else.
Also, let women have flat chests if they want it. Big boobs are great and all, but I think the minimum size should be just as flat as a man's chest can be. Not every woman in the real world has big breasts. And actually, if I were gonna run around killing aliens, I'd wear a sports bra, which basically squishes your boobs down as far as possible so they don't go flopping around while you move.
PhantasmagoricRS
On the forums September 2009
Captain
# 14
11-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantasrs View Post
As a person of mixed race, I actually find it offensive that the "Asian" and the "Caucasian" features are separated the way they are. Peoples features exist more on a gradient of sorts if anything. Put eyes and nose shape on two different sliders, along with everything else.
You probably never used the character creator to see that there are sliders for eyes ,face ,nose and stuffs like that and there are no asian and caucasian features to be separated.There are humanoid 1 and 2.You call them asian and caucasian because you look for anything to offend you .
Ensign
# 15
11-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
You probably never used the character creator to see that there are sliders for eyes ,face ,nose and stuffs like that and there are no asian and caucasian features to be separated.There are humanoid 1 and 2.You call them asian and caucasian because you look for anything to offend you .
Okay. I'll refer to the settings as humanoid 1 and 2, just for you hun. Especially since you're right that the epicanthic fold which makes the "asian" eyes is also present in other races.

There's still no way to mix humanoid 1 and 2. Believe me, I've tried. I love the character creator and have spent hours on my characters and my boffs. I wanted to see if it would be possible to make a character that had both humanoid 1 and humanoid 2 characteristics and there isn't a way to exactly do that. You can kinda approximate but that epicanthic fold is just not reproducible. You have to choose humanoid 2 and there's no way to change the amount of fold your character has. You're only given two extremes in a gradient. Just stick humanoid 1 and 2 at two ends of a slider and separate their components so you can truly mix them.

I'm sure just sticking them on an easy slider would make fewer clones out there too.
PhantasmagoricRS
On the forums September 2009
Captain
# 16
11-19-2012, 01:09 AM
More character editor options? Heck-diddly-yes!