Lieutenant
# 41
11-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewzz View Post
Just did the sector dailys,man i was bored.
I miss DS9 allready, and the STF shops etc, STF's no longer give Dilithium either.
Looks like the game suddenly hit a wall, boring tbh.

Damn whats happened to STO.

STFS - Dead
Doff System - Dead
Fleet Actions - Still going to be dead and is still done by 1st place etc.
B'Tran - Dead

Theres nothing left, except new Romulan stuff and being totally honest here it is boring and dull.

I am not buying anymore D, nor are my friends, we will still be around when we feel we need a nice space battle etc but you just pushed us away.
Great to see the testers were listened to, isn't it?
A map of known space, circa 2405 <--- Note where Iconia is. It's nowhere near Starbase 39.
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
11-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xariama View Post
Great to see the testers were listened to, isn't it?
I think they thought, "OH! *light bulb animation* We are doing that so well with our PvP playerbase, let us take on that approach and implement it with the PvE community! That is a splendid plan. *Genius Moment*"

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Empire Veteran
# 43
11-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Bran, Tumerboy, anybody

Can a brother from another mother get a full size version of that new background?

For science. Yeah, science.
For Science! How can we be expected to study this more thoroughly with such insufficient data. Need more pixels please

Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
Regarding the "art" for the new update and the home page.

That female is so bad I can't even wrap my head around it. Was there some out of work cover artist for romance novels that the devs owed a favor? Really, it's terribad. Is she a Vulcan or a Romulan? Because I've never seen one, but I have seen a human female or two, unlike the artist apparently. Why is she not even looking in the same direction she's pointing the phaser? Maybe it's not a phaser, it's just a flashlight. Obviously she's some kind of mutant based on the distorted mammaries and hips that won't birth anything, so they probably just give her a flashlight and tell her to make pew sounds herself.

Seriously, this is the homepage of an international MMO in 2012, not some Del Rey cover art from 1972.

This depiction of women by somebody who doesn't understand how to properly proportion a female figure plays into every stereotype of basement dwelling shut-in comic-con Trekkies. Please get rid of it.
Just so I understand you, an alien from a science fiction franchise artfully depicted for a computer game website doesn't meet your expectations of how a real world human female should look?

http://sto.perfectworld.com/wordpres...&type=redesign
She's running and in mid stride.
I too would also find it hard to run one way whilst firing in another direction.

Though I have to admit, Trek Fed uniforms are typically more conservative. Although it does convey what the game allows you to dress like...
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Career Officer
# 44
11-13-2012, 05:27 PM
No special bridge for the Vesta pack. That's a huge disappointment for a $50 ship pack. I haven't even flown it yet and I've already got buyers remorse.
Lieutenant
# 45
11-13-2012, 05:34 PM
by reading the previous comments the conclusion is clear: update patch was undercooked and applied early to "compete" with SWTOR going F2P this week
Empire Veteran
# 46
11-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Makes me wonder if we can get an ETA on when this nasty server disconnection/packet loss issue on Cryptic's/PWE's side will get fixed its kind of unbearable every 5 seconds getting tossed around the game and disconnected.

I guess general server stability was not big on the list of getting pushed out with this.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Makes me wonder if we can get an ETA on when this nasty server disconnection/packet loss issue on Cryptic's/PWE's side will get fixed its kind of unbearable every 5 seconds getting tossed around the game and disconnected.

I guess general server stability was not big on the list of getting pushed out with this.
Mebbe you should check your end of the bargain I don't get disconnected at all, suffers no lag or whatever, like many of us.
Career Officer
# 48
11-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
No special bridge for the Vesta pack. That's a huge disappointment for a $50 ship pack. I haven't even flown it yet and I've already got buyers remorse.
I'm very much disappointed by season 7, but the one thing I will say is you should not regret the Vesta pack. I toyed with it for a good hour or two before eventually clicking 'buy', I don't regret it at all, I've been wanting a more powerful science vessel for one of my characters for a long time and this certainly delivers. The one thing I thought was rather 'meh' was the AUX heavy cannons it comes with, they are crap, I've since replaced them with standard heavy cannons and found them much better. It's worth claiming all three and using the three consoles for the set bonus too as the Set 3 power is pretty handy! A bridge would have been nice to complete it, but even without it, this is still the best C-Store ship addition in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post

Personally I've been on for nine hours now and not had one bit of lag, nor have I been disconnected... I still haven't found a mission rewarding dilithium though...
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Career Officer
# 49
11-13-2012, 08:30 PM
does anyoneknow when november ask cryptic is coming out
Career Officer
# 50
11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
http://sto.perfectworld.com/wordpres...&type=redesign
She's running and in mid stride.
I too would also find it hard to run one way whilst firing in another direction.
Her pose is not athletic, she looks helpless, she's bent over at the waist.

She's tripping over her mini-skirt and her over exposed breasts, while pew pewing with a phallic shaped phaser toy.

I concur with redricky.