Captain
# 21
11-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Always nice to be proven right... I read people claiming "It's just a bug, the Dilithium will be added". I was cynical and said, something tells me it's currently "Working as intended". And I WAS RIGHT.

Thanks Mr Stahl, for lying through your teeth, and screwing over your player base yet again. Although I guess I shouldn't be too surprised when you insist in the latest Massively interview, that KDF were always intended as PVP only faction. Jack Emmert says otherwise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcAn3nhf97Y#t=01m48s

Mr BranFlakes; Feel free to take whatever disciplinary action you deem necessary against me. I'm done jumping through Cryptic's hoops. Spent the better part of 3 years on this game, and hundreds of dollars. So i've been plenty screwed over already. This is the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
Captain
# 22
11-13-2012, 07:52 PM
I wish this applied to foundry:

Quote:
Make Dilithium rewards balanced and consistent. No specific content should be aberrantly more efficient than others. We will be removing or adjusting reward tables anytime we find missions that are allowing players to earn Dilithium at an aberrant rate.
3 actual foundry missions is at least 1 hour of play, and more like 2-3 hours if you're going by what is popular and well-rated.

1 15-minute Starbase 24 = the same rewards.

Maybe I have the details wrong, but the reward for playing 3 foundry mission is not "balanced and consistent" with other content. Cryptic content is far more efficient. Your stuff rewards players at an "aberrant rate" compared to our actual content.

And we provide stories.

If you're quote is honest, then you should care about that. The foundry wrapper is violating your standards.

Last edited by kirksplat; 11-13-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Career Officer
# 23 fail
11-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Nice job guys....your greed (and don't insult us by saying it isn't) just killed the small fleets of sto. Pathetic.
Lieutenant
# 24
11-13-2012, 07:54 PM
As much as I dislike the dilithium being removed from basically every method I used prior to Season 7, the extreme shortage this will create will drive up the value of my stockpile of dilithium, meaning I can buy more Zen with it, which is a good thing. So there is a silver lining.

Still, the blatantly contradictory statements of this posting are troubling. "We want people to refine more dilithium, so we're removing the largest sources of it." Excuse me?
Career Officer
# 25
11-13-2012, 07:55 PM
I feel jerked around by the assertion on Tribble that the absence of dilithium in STFs was an error.

I think Cryptic is way too caught up in what I call wikiality, the desire to balance, retune, and recapitalize old content. Nothing is ever done and so no nothing is ever moved beyond.

Oops, that old design is out of whack.

Even the "finale" of the STFs ends with a big shoulder shrug regarding the fate of the Queen.

Oops. She got away. Oops, we killed her a second time but she'll always be out there as long as there's a single Borg.

Everything is repeatable and repurposable. Nothing is DEFINITIVE.

This all goes back to the problems Cryptic has had ever since Enhancement Diversification in CoX.

Better design, bad rollout of better design. You shouldn't re-design something because the old design is bad. You should work with your game more the way your community plays it, not continually yanking it back to the way you want it played.
Commander
# 26
11-13-2012, 07:55 PM
When I queued for elite STFs, I did them with people from my fleet and would cooperate with them so we could earn the best rewards.

When I queue for SB24 now, I queue solo and only focus on trying to place first so I can get the bonus loot instead of helping anyone else.

Elite STFs were a much more enjoyable way to earn dilithium.
Lieutenant
# 27
11-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention I've never paid money for anything in STO and never plan to, so reducing the dilithium price per zen is a very good thing in my book!
Republic Veteran
# 28
"People are not refining Dilithium in the amounts we were expecting, so we must make Dilithium more accessible."

"Lets take them away from the missions most people run then!"

"Brilliant!"

Due to recent legitimate purchases on your account you have been placed on probation, because that makes good business sense, right? right?
Ensign
# 29
Well, no wonder I see an F. They just don't seem to "get it."
Career Officer
# 30
11-13-2012, 07:57 PM
No Dil drops nor loot rewards from STFs plus really lousy conversion rates (only after you get up to tier 5) makes STFs look even less worth playing than the really low drops rates did.

I commend STO on its ability to make a grind even more of a grind while claiming to make it less of a grind. People did not think you could make it even more so but you did.

Having said that, kudos on giving us other outlets that are more fun to do to rank up Omega Rep rep. Though, I guess I still am going to have to explain to people that only "Elite" people are assigned helmets in Starfleet.