Lt. Commander
# 11
07-24-2009, 02:04 AM
Can I have a naked Bridge officer name Tu'Pol?
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-24-2009, 03:58 AM
Will there be an option for Ship destruction/seeing your ship explode if destroyed for those of us who like the idea of our own ships being destroyed better than just being disabled or brought back to a base?
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-24-2009, 04:12 AM
How will gaining levels effect my starship? i.e., if I were to gain a level will my starships systems increase? Shield power, engine efficiency, weapon power increase a small percent or by a baselane margin?

Forgive me if the question seems poorly worded. I will be coming to STO after four and a half years of playing World of ********, so my MMO lingo and experience is somewhat narrow...
Lt. Commander
# 14 About Combat
07-24-2009, 05:43 AM
Will it be possible, to execute pre-defined maneuvers (just by clicking on a button), or will all the flying be "hands on"?
For example certain evasive maneuvers or attacks like the Picard-Maneuver.
If so, can i create my own?
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-24-2009, 07:02 AM
This issue has been danced around a bit so I'd like a more firm answer. Will there be any reason other than personal preference to use small ships in end-game content and will there be incentive for a wide variety of ships in a fleet/task force/group for combat operations? For example, if I want to use the BoP will that be viable or will it hurt my group if I use it instead of the Negh'var in my hangar? I know you've said that tier and combat effectiveness isn't entirely dependent on size, but where is the line?

Also, someone brought this up after one of the recent dev chats. How much of a role will weapon arcs play in combat? Most of the emphasis seems to have been placed on shield positioning but maneuverability and weapon arcs can play just as large a role. There were a couple DS9 episodes where the Defiant used their maneuverability and tractor beam to avoid the weapons of the more powerful Vor'cha and Negh'var class ships.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Can some one plz tell me if i will be able to customize the furniture on my ship? You can aperently customize everything else so why not the furniture? And can we change the color of the wals and everything else? I want to know what more on the inside of the ship we can customize other then ship parts and diferent layouts. Customisaion is very important to me. Can someone plz anser this to me???
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopine View Post
Can some one plz tell me if i will be able to customize the furniture on my ship? You can aperently customize everything else so why not the furniture? And can we change the color of the wals and everything else? I want to know what more on the inside of the ship we can customize other then ship parts and diferent layouts. Customisaion is very important to me. Can someone plz anser this to me???
Personalized Ship Interiors are scheduled for after release -- they said they want to get them done 'right' instead of rushing them out, and that they are something that is important to them. When, is still tba.

However, given the level of player and ship customizations, and Crytpic's history with customization, I would be willing to bet that there will be lots of customization options for your ships interior (including your furniture). I actually expect to see 'post your Ready Room' screenshots thread and contests.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-24-2009, 01:00 PM
My follow-up questions to the previous Dev Chat posted in that thread:

Concerining "open PvP" and other forms of combat, sepcifically where territory can change hands:

1) In the NZ and other changeable areas, can my fleet simply attack the enemy and take their territory on our own, or is this going to have to be a mission, instanced or pre-ordained by the game in some other way? Basically, how is "open PvP/PvE combat" initiated?

2) Besides the NZ, what other areas on the map are going to have changeable territory, either through PvP, PvE, or other means? Will it be the borders of each empire or the unexplored areas of the game as some have speculated?

Question about NPC Ships:

1) Can you capture them in combat without having a specific mission to do so? I'm referring to both NPC ships belonging to the IP factions as well as ones belonging to factions made by the Genesis Project. This is something that a number of people have expressed interest in seeing.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-24-2009, 05:20 PM
I have a question about the PvP aspect.

1. Will systems be conquerable?
Meaning will it be possible to enter a certain system and take control of it's planets and alike?
2. How is dying going to be worked out?
Will you respawn at a friendly starbase or something? Because I don't like the feeling most MMO's have when you are running back to your corpse(Or your wreck in this case) just to get killed again at low health.
3. Will there be none-PVP zones?
For example heavily guarded areas that are hard to attack without a backing of a big fleet.
4. Will there be different servers to pick?
For example roleplayservers and PvP servers? Or will it be one big server? I'd love to see a roleplayserver for people that don't want to see the USS Kickass flying around and such.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-24-2009, 08:56 PM
I have a couple questions regarding senior staff/bridge officers (can't remember what they were called exactly).

Will it be possible to develop a relationship, more than friends with one of the senior staff/bridge officers?

How will ranking them up work? Will I be able to spend more points on a specific bridge officer (madical, engineer, etc) to rank them up further, or will I have to spend enough points to rank up all of them at once?