Career Officer
# 41
11-13-2012, 07:12 PM
I think some of you miss the point. Max level players aren't refining enough dilithium, so Cryptic is trying to *force* you to refine it to keep playing content they enjoy. That's what the "missions and systems that the STO team has designated" comment means.

They must have dilithium tied to some internal goal or objective, probably set by PWE. Dan does mention that dilithium is how they measure time invested in the game:
Quote:
In our game design, Dilithium represents time invested in playing a variety of select missions in STO.
Maybe PWE required them to meet a certain level of player commitment to trigger a budget increase for their next fiscal year so this is how they will do it.

It could also be dilithium measures the success of their development projects, which may help them justify why their development effort was good for the game and has gotten. It would also explain why dilithium involvement has become steadily heavier as newer content is created.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Career Officer
# 42
11-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
He swore up and down pre-launch - that Normal would still give 480 and 960 for elite

which was adjusted up from 240 and 480 dilthium orginally

Wow now Dilthium has been removed all together

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=747851

There is also a YouTube video explaining to Players what you get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UDnTJcjPhY

(it was a vid posted many times in the past and I copyed the link - love it!!)
lmao... awesomely epic
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
11-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Nice work wrecking the dilithium income of many many many players, Cryptic.

STF's is about the ONLY thing I feel like doing anymore. There's no actual CONTENT anymore outside of those and the rare newly made Feature Episode Series. Why would I want to do fleet actions with 20 people when I could do an STF with 5 people from my fleet?

In short you've taken my Dilithium Income, ripped it out of my hands, thrown it on the floor, stomped on it, and set it on fire. Just by removing Dilithium rewards from STFs. And undervaluing the time spent in Elites. 5 BNPs for 1k dilithium ore? That means each Elite STF is only worth 200 ore. That's ridiculous. Absurd. weaksauce even.

You devs had said the Dilithium would be spread aorund across the game, yet you remove it from STFs. Put it back if you would please be so kind. 480 for Normals, 960 for Elites.
Career Officer
# 44
11-13-2012, 07:20 PM
You know what? Nerf the friggin' STFs down to the difficulty of the Romulan rep content if you want there to be a comparison in terms of reward.
Captain
# 45
11-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
lmao... awesomely epic
That video sums it up SO beautifully!! Classic!!
Career Officer
# 46 This all
11-13-2012, 07:21 PM
makes me feel worried about Kerrat...
Republic Veteran
# 47
11-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
You know what? Nerf the friggin' STFs down to the difficulty of the Romulan rep content if you want there to be a comparison in terms of reward.
This.tencharacters

We have nothing. Nothing but our anger. We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!
Rihannsu
# 48
11-13-2012, 07:24 PM
I would like to comment on Daniel Stahl's concern with Dilithium availability:
Quote:
Concern 1 - Active level 50 players are refining far less Dilithium than we expect them to.
Prior to Season 7, the average amount of Dilithium refined by an active level 50 player was 3100 per session or 13,250 per week. That is far less than the cap of 8000 per day when you consider that most level 50 players play multiple days per week and slightly more than the average hours per session.
And the intended action to resolve this concern:
Quote:
Make Dilithium more available to all level 50 players - not just those playing on elite - by increasing the average amount of Dilithium earned. We want the average amount of Dilithium earned by all level 50 players to exceed 13,250 per week and will be monitoring and adjusting Dilithium rates to ensure this happens.
If players are refining less Dilithium than expected, then one would logically expect that more Dilithium be rewarded across all content in order to bring the average player in line with expectations. Removing Dilithium from any activity seems directly counter to this concern.

Your statement that you would like to see Dilithium rewards increase to exceed 13,250 per week does not seem in-line with the actions taken. This instead seems to be an action intended to move the player-base from playing STF content and migrate them to the fleet action content. I understand that fleet actions are underplayed. There is a reason for this: Fleet actions are not fun to play. Even the updated Romulan Temple fleet action is decidedly not fun to experience.

I suggest that in order to reach your goal increasing Dilithium being refined by level 50 players, that Dilithium be awarded based on a calculation that takes into account player level, mission difficulty, the number of players completing a mission, and the average length of time to complete a mission. This should then be rewarded for every mission content in the game, starting with Stranded in Space. This would benefit all players from level 2 up through 50 and provide a consistent way for players to play what they find fun.

Last edited by celendis; 11-13-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Career Officer
# 49
11-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
But this time, I do think Cryptic lied. And I think they did it intentionally because they knew people wouldn't agree with the new design.

You know what? You should really be letting your players dictate design if you catch yourself doing things you know will annoy them.

Exactly.

They knew it would make players upset, but they have their infinite wisdom and what we want or feel is irrelevant. This is a company that has no concept of customer satisfaction.

Your designers are really out of control if they think they should have more say than the players when it comes to design of a social game and are withholding or falsifying information rather than facing honest player feedback on a test server.

Quote:
Explain why you deserve one red cent from gaming customers who you don't provide those things to.
There will never be an honest answer to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethoir View Post
You devs had said the Dilithium would be spread aorund across the game, yet you remove it from STFs. Put it back if you would please be so kind. 480 for Normals, 960 for Elites.
With SB24 granting 1440, 960 for a CSE or Hive Space Elite is a joke.

We don't need to have that debate, since the reward for the latter 2 = 0 dilithium.

Survivor of Romulus
# 50
11-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
He swore up and down pre-launch - that Normal would still give 480 and 960 for elite

which was adjusted up from 240 and 480 dilthium orginally

Wow now Dilthium has been removed all together

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=747851

There is also a YouTube video explaining to Players what you get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UDnTJcjPhY

(it was a vid posted many times in the past and I copyed the link - love it!!)
A SrslySirius video? Would you happen to be a poker player bychance?

You'll be running for your life when you see Seiborg!