Lt. Commander
# 1 Crazy Borg Shield Penetration?
11-13-2012, 07:49 PM
It appears that the Borg now have rather absurdly high shield penetration in STFs. Without ever losing a facing in my shields, my battlecruiser ended up with 10% hull left at one point. What is going on? Is this a bug? Is this intended? It feels really wierd to see your hull falling apart while shields aren't even below 50%.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Borpedo.
The goo ball of death.
Captain
# 3
11-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by distantworlds View Post
It appears that the Borg now have rather absurdly high shield penetration in STFs. Without ever losing a facing in my shields, my battlecruiser ended up with 10% hull left at one point. What is going on? Is this a bug? Is this intended? It feels really wierd to see your hull falling apart while shields aren't even below 50%.
Hazard Emitter those plasma dots away. On the plus side it does make cruisers *slightly* more useful as they tend to be the best at hull tanking.
Captain
# 4
11-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Hazard Emitter those plasma dots away. On the plus side it does make cruisers *slightly* more useful as they tend to be the best at hull tanking.
You don't have enough Hazard emitters tbh. I just spent 90% of a Cure Elite under 20% hull because I just couldn't keep the plasma dots off enough to gain hull back. Everything else seems to bleed through more too, it definitely makes it feel like you might as well not have shields.

Not that I really mind, I enjoyed that it was challenging, but... with the new STFs giving you basically no reason to run more than 1 or 2 a day, this is just going to funnel people into running nothing but ISE.

Last edited by xantris; 11-13-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Borg penetration....giggity. I haven't seen this one yet, altho i do run a borg set so the proc may be keeping it at bay.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Rihannsu
# 6
11-13-2012, 11:17 PM
invisible torpedo.

i seem to be able to see the torps aimed at the team, but not these aimed at myself..

Got my Kar'fi from 100 to boom in 0.5 seconds. I have seen no torpedo at all, yet log stated it clearly.. They should look into it.

Into the Hive is hilarious!

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
You don't have enough Hazard emitters tbh. I just spent 90% of a Cure Elite under 20% hull because I just couldn't keep the plasma dots off enough to gain hull back. Everything else seems to bleed through more too, it definitely makes it feel like you might as well not have shields.

Not that I really mind, I enjoyed that it was challenging, but... with the new STFs giving you basically no reason to run more than 1 or 2 a day, this is just going to funnel people into running nothing but ISE.
I'm not so sure it's the plasma dot. It's possible, but I do run hazard emitters as much as I can.

I wouldn't mind higher difficulty in the form of more incoming damage, but this is a really poor way to do it. Options for hull defense are much more limited than for shields. There is no skill involved, it's all just waiting on cooldowns. There are more abilities that affect shielding, in addition to facing and balance.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Yep, Borg shield bleedthrough/penetration is just stupid now, and with no dilithium or console drops in any STF's any more, it's quite obvious the Developers do NOT want us playing STF anymore....

http://www.change.org/petitions/perf...rops-for-stf-s
Lieutenant
# 9
11-14-2012, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megacharge07 View Post
Yep, Borg shield bleedthrough/penetration is just stupid now, and with no dilithium or console drops in any STF's any more, it's quite obvious the Developers do NOT want us playing STF anymore....
actually it is great. finally i must do something in stf and not only stay at one place with finger in my nose.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-14-2012, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaeply View Post
actually it is great. finally i must do something in stf and not only stay at one place with finger in my nose.
really, u actually played like that? so youre the reason they made the borg do retarded damage now.

http://www.change.org/petitions/perf...rops-for-stf-s