Ensign
# 21 Dilithium.
11-13-2012, 08:12 PM
I understand the frustration players are having over dilithium and other issues.

I solved my problem by dealing with dilithium only rarely. The same for marks and such, too. Yeah, I get them for missions, but they mostly sits there in their little piles. I was against the multiple currency idea from the start and I still am.

If we refuse to play the game Cryptic's way, they'll be forced to either close shop or play it our way.
Captain
Brandon "Closed" your thread almost as soon as it started - due to you spreading rumors I gather - so I could not post into it. Have not heard your comments lately but just wanted to say - whether it came from chat - or as I suspect your own mind - you called it right on.

You won't be forgotten.

Quote:
# 1 STO's end does not concern me-Nerf to Dilth grinding does
10-14-2012, 09:04 AM
There has been some chatter that cryptic intends to further make dilth grinding harder after the LTS sale ends.

The primary way they intend to do this is to remove the quickie "investgate officer daily reports" - you will still be able to do them just they will remove the capacity to go to a panel and do all 3 in just a minute or 2.

That is the main chatter I here as the next nerf to dilth grinding - they already nerfed contraband turn over recently fro 3 to 5 and from 2hr to 4 hr.

I suspect there are other ideas in the works to drastcally reduce the amount of dilth that can be collected.

The whole purpose is of course to force people to buy Zen with real money to convert to dilth.

Now there will be people say "but what about the dilth market, it will get out of wack"

No it won't - from watching it for 9 months and watching the stock market for 20 years - I can say will strong confidence that i believe they are already in there keeping the price consant and stable by addind dilth when need be. Over the last few weeks the dilth market has not budged 1 or 2 points a day and there have been hundreds of thousand of dilth on both the buy and the ask. The last lock box only moved it out of it's fixed range for a very short time.

It is clear that it is being manipulate - my bet is on Cryptic and not some players because the movement up or down is almost non existant. And just like the Federal reserve printing money - Crptic is the only ones that can just "print" dilth out of nothing.

So after the LTS sale is over and the do start hitting dilth grinding with a huge nerf bat - how will this affect your game?

Will you use more real money to buy dilth?

Will you stop all starbase projects?

Will you spend more of you time in the game to grind dilth?

Will you quite the game?(of course there will be 1000's more locked into the game with the LTS sale - so I guess you won't quite if the nerf dilth collection some more)

What are your thoughts?
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=414341
Career Officer
# 23
11-13-2012, 08:35 PM
i think i speak for a majority when i say "GIVE US BACK THE DILITHIUM!"
Career Officer
# 24
11-13-2012, 08:36 PM
You don't need to be a swammi to see that train coming from a mile away.

What makes it worse is that they told us flat out that there would be Dilithium...up until a couple of days ago.
Career Officer
# 25
11-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a3001 View Post
i think i speak for a majority when i say "GIVE US BACK THE DILITHIUM!"
I would also like to not be lied to.
----
Career Officer
# 26
11-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Let Operation: Return begin. We want our dilithium back!
@HyperLimited
Lieutenant
# 27
11-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Yep, he called it...and he was wrong. I can now get 1440 dilithim for every fleet action I do, every 30 mins. Thats definitely not a "dilithium nerf". Moving dilithium from STFs to fleet actions isnt a nerf, its moving the same reward from one thing to something else.
Ensign
# 28
11-13-2012, 08:49 PM
They have a PvP system which is utter garbage, so why on earth completely destroy PvE when it is the supporting wall of your game?. Season seven caused one thing today for me my lass and our fleet, they all logged off and put another game on. With no reward for stf, why aim for optional, pug it. with the other PvE events, why would i want to try beat my lass and our other fleet members to the rewards in minefield etc... ill pug it too.. Nothing quite like having the product you payed alot for suddenly not doing what it says on the tin so to speak when you purchased it. But im sure all they will need to do is look at the numbers over these next few days and know they have royally ****ed it. About 14 less players here until PvE is worth doing together again.
Captain
# 29
11-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillithiae View Post
Yep, he called it...and he was wrong. I can now get 1440 dilithim for every fleet action I do, every 30 mins. Thats definitely not a "dilithium nerf". Moving dilithium from STFs to fleet actions isnt a nerf, its moving the same reward from one thing to something else.
You were the one always attacking him - I remember you.

I think most players would consider

1)Removing the console clicker

2)Removing B-Tran VA

3)Removing STF dilthium

A NERF

Were you also the big Defender of Mr Stahls comments about season 8 being about the KDF?? Remember he promised!! I guess it's a lock eh?
Career Officer
# 30
11-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
LOL - at over 1000+ post I would say you qualify as a Forumite!!!
bah, you cant go by that, i used to be in the 3 thousand or so post count, then we "changed" to pwe, and started again, now when i post, it has no weight behind it anymore lol...

i was supprised about the steamrunner.. pleasently supprised..