Captain
# 121
11-13-2012, 08:39 PM
That's the face of a woman who wants to get the emotions Pon Farr'd out of her... Hard. That does seem like it would be inappropriate for star trek to have a vulcun looking to make "
first contact" with her boobs on display.

As much as i like the female form this does seem a bit sexist as well as inappropriate for the main page. to make it worse though it perfectly fits cryptics image of what the players must look like since they seem so intent to "let us have it" for lack of a more forum appropriate term.
Lieutenant
# 122
11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
What bothers me more than the image is that PWE believes this is what the male players want. They're ignoring at least half their playerbase and playing a dangerous game by doing so.
Career Officer
# 123
11-13-2012, 08:46 PM
As they say, "Sex sells."

Excluding ditzy T'Bosom there, it's a nice picture.
@HyperLimited
Starfleet Veteran
# 124
11-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Can't really do much about the "Sex that sells" stuff, but the Star Trek franchise started out blatantly sexist, I recall the very first episode made me cringe... and a few TNG episodes as well. But it got better, then took a nose dive with T'Pol, Seven of Nine was pretty bad, but no where by comparison to T'Pol. They could remove the cleavage and that would make things much better. The art is good, but it doesn't match... common sense when you think of ... uh Vulcans? Ah well, Cryptic is going to play every card trick they can on us. Personally I don't mind the clothing, but it just doesn't make sense... why a Vulcan huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
I like it and think its a good image to accompany the new Season. Its pretty tame actually

.... searches for the Vulcan Love Slave holonovel ...
The Revenge?

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |

Last edited by mewi; 11-13-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 125
11-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Easy fix. Just replace it with a Pakled babe.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Empire Veteran
# 126
11-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Wow.. lotta angst and rage over nothing.

Cryptic's time would be better spent fixing the broken mechanics and unbalanced aspects of the game IMO.
Career Officer
# 127
11-13-2012, 09:16 PM
im really at a loss for words.. with all that is wrong with the game, we are worried about a cartoon image, of a woman who is still fully dressed on the cover of the web page.. wow.. just wow..

pump the breaks dude, i have a few women in my fleet who thought it was a really cool image, it is a video game, it is what it is.. we had 7 of nine in what was easily the tightest uniform ever. we had tpol in her underwear in most episodes where they deconned. this is much tamer compared to that. even the original series was sexist to women.. kirk always sleeping with them and eyeing them. and lets not forget that diana troy was not in a uniform till the end of the show. she was the only person on the ship wearing a "tight" usually somewhat revealing get up.. i mean there was an episode or two where a man was wearing a short skirt. you dont see me calling anyone out..

if you dont like it, dont look at it.. for the most part, most women i know who have seen this and i play with alot, and date one) have said it is harmless and not worth getting worked up about..

pump the breaks, take a chill pill, and worry about some of the crappy bugs in the game..
Rihannsu
# 128
11-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Huh, threads got merged. Typical. If anyone is not offended, fine, that's your opinion. My opinion is that I am offended. Pretty much anywhere else in a first world country, that would be enough to get something done.

I would see nothing wrong with "I'm a confident female starfleet captain" or "I'm a headstrong romulan convert to starfleet, leaping into action." They tend to keep their clothes on at least, unlike Miss "I've got an open top in combat and I'm hoping that the enemy is too distracted looking at my breasts to blow me away."

Seriously, grow up and bring back phaser dude until you do.
Lt. Commander
# 129
11-13-2012, 09:31 PM
I just heard a rumor that with every new season they are going to remove a piece of wardrobe from "the phaser bimbo". Anybody can confirm?
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
Career Officer
# 130
11-13-2012, 09:39 PM
I guess the general consensus is T'boobs gotta go. I say "hell no" The klingon faction wants something klingon, added to the scene. I say, they add "Fritz the Ferasan" chasing her with his drooling tougue hanging out, and lust in his eyes.Maybe, Mr. Winkie in hand.
If it's circling the drain, might as well drop a dookie in there.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!