Starfleet Veteran
# 91
11-13-2012, 09:51 PM
There exactly 2 Fleet Action missions I find entertaining, those are Big Dig for the fast pace and after the revamp it is actually playable for a 5 man team. others may not agrree with me here. only flaw here, is that Captain Kirk tacs, who know how to exploit their abilities, will win out every single time if they are too opportunistic.

The other is Breaking the Planet which is just a gorgeous map with a nice escalating progression that moves you in a nice circle at a fast pace and actually requires teamwork (the only one that does). Leaving someone behind or rushing ahead is suicide.

Starbase 24 is just dumb with way too many spawns all at the same place. At the very least you should turn the starbase into a fighting entity now that you have the tech for that that keeps a majority of the aggro throughout the fight.
100 Ships on a handful of players is not fun.
This mission doesnt reward teamplay in the slightest.

Gorn Minefield suffers from similar problems. Way too many spawns on top of the first objectives. And since the spawns keep you in red alert the progression window never pops up unless you die and respawn.
That leads to a lot of people who simply don't notice that the important battle has moved elsewhere.
This is not fun.

Klingon Scout Force reverses the spawn mechanic. They are far and few between and enemy ships get facerolled by the players.
It is the best from the space Fleet Actions, but the bar is pretty low in the first place.

2 Out of 5 enjoyable missions which you want to be the primary content played now does not work.

All these missions should have gotten a remaster treatment to make it more engaging and fun to play.

Give the players a reason to work together, give it a balance pass and apply some new fancy tech.
Maybe then it will be accepted as a substitute for STF farming.

The missions in principle have potential, but not in the beta state they are still in since launch.

And while we are on that subject of PvE:

Please, please, please fix that Private Challenge bug that prevents us from launching the match even after assembling a full team. So we can at least use those missions for private fleet events.
Captain
# 92
11-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
posted delete by player. I just don't care any more.
i expected more posts like this one tbh lol
Starfleet Veteran
# 93
11-13-2012, 10:04 PM
No one likes Human Goats more than...

well you'll figure it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmcq1ZUFhz8

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Career Officer
# 94
11-13-2012, 10:07 PM
So I absolutely understand the need for Cryptic to balance the economy in game.

There were three concerns that DSthal raised:

Quote:
Concern 1 ? Active level 50 players are refining far less Dilithium than we expect them to.
Prior to Season 7, the average amount of Dilithium refined by an active level 50 player was 3100 per session or 13,250 per week. That is far less than the cap of 8000 per day when you consider that most level 50 players play multiple days per week and slightly more than the average hours per session.

Concern 2 ? Several missions were rewarding far more Dilithium than they should have.
We have a guideline for how much Dilithium should be earned based on effort and time spent, and there were several missions that were clearly outside of our guidelines and players were using these missions to earn more Dilithium than we intended.

Concern 3 ? New gear being created was not in line with other pricing
With all the new gear in the game, gear pricing needed a balance pass to ensure that the amount of Dilithium required for similar gear was consistent across the game.

I see how they addressed 2 and 3, but, I don't understand how they addressed 1 Branflakes can you explain, please, how the changes made have impacted concern 1?
Richard Silk, EU Liaison Officer, TOS Veterans Fleet
Survivor of Romulus
# 95
the reason you were seeing such low daily/weekly dil conversions for the average player was all the alts we have,make an option in the game to mark our mains and you'll see a different amount.
Stfs are now no longer end game content and you're super shiny new stfs will hardly get played ,because we will stop playing them due to a token reward of 5 runs for 1k dil.
Oh and fix the frakkin fleet actions seeing as thats where most of us will go for dil now, Gorn minefield is a joke and klingon scout force warps you out as soon as you're in

wouldn't hurt to add some dil to new romulus missions either or the planet will slowly see less players.

less dilithium is the biggest mistake you guys have made to date yet.

i nearly bought the vesta and steamrunner last night,but then i realised i won't have enough dilithium to outfit them with fleet weapons any time soon,by the time i do the next new shiny ship will be out.
you do the maths on how much from one player you lost money from.
Career Officer
# 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Please restore some of my faith that you are an intelligent person, who can call a spade a spade:

Change this euphemism "less than straight" to the more accurate single word that is most direct and to the point. You are too smart for me to have to tell you what that word is.
I called it a lie, twice. When I use the phrase "less than straight," it's not really a euphemism the way I say it.
Captain
# 97
11-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Does anyone find it funny that Cryptic is making such boneheaded decisions the week the SW:TOR goes F2P? Its like they want to just give away their business.
Career Officer
# 98
11-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat View Post
So I absolutely understand the need for Cryptic to balance the economy in game.

There were three concerns that DSthal raised:

I see how they addressed 2 and 3, but, I don't understand how they addressed 1 Branflakes can you explain, please, how the changes made have impacted concern 1?
The average character will refine more, assuming they switch all of their playtime to Fleet Actions.

As to whether the average PLAYER will, it depends on how many alts you have. This is not really an alt friendly move.

You'll see more characters hitting the refinement cap but less people playing alts.

FAs are shorter and take less skill than STFs and FAs reward more dilithium than STFs used to.

What all of this boils down to is more or less phasing out STFs as anything more than a twice a week thing and even then you could just do Borg Red Alerts and never touch an STF. The ONLY reason to touch an STF EVER now is for Mark XII gear sets because they're not needed for Omega rep. That's something like 100 runs, your choice of Elites or you can just opt not to get Mk XII gear.

These changes don't make dilithium hard to get. If you don't have alts, it's easier to get in S7.

What these changes do are make it so that alts are less valuable and STFs are pointless as something you'd want to do more than a handful of a week.
Career Officer
# 99
11-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Does anyone find it funny that Cryptic is making such boneheaded decisions the week the SW:TOR goes F2P? Its like they want to just give away their business.
Well, you can try that but I think their model is much greedier than Cryptic's.

It's less about the model for me than it is about the feeling of being lied to and disrespected.
Captain
# 100
11-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Well, you can try that but I think their model is much greedier than Cryptic's.

It's less about the model for me than it is about the feeling of being lied to and disrespected.
I'm not so sure its greedier... its almost the same model as LotRO... and from what Ive heard the Operations, and Flashpoints arent all their cracked up to be... and the space missions I know for a fact blow...

but I get all 8 profession stories and can level each from 1-50... and BioWare's writing is fantastic.

Last edited by amayakitsune; 11-13-2012 at 10:26 PM.