Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 114
# 11
11-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonner View Post
I would think all these console clickie whiners would be happy, you get 1440 dilithium every run, every 30 minutes. That pays better than any stf did, and its ALOT easier. I cant recall how many times pugs fail elite stfs and you get nothing...This cant be failed..
Where is your logic??
Apparently you dont realize that as a group that actually knows how to do STF's, you can do more than one of each per hour? STF's are now worthless, and nothing they added even comes close to making the Dilithium loss up/

Add the fact that EVERYTHING at the so called end game now takes Dilithium, its gonna take months for the simplest of equipment sets.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 12
11-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonner View Post
No, i am not kidding. If you want to play missions that take teamwork and skill, good news, you still can! All they have done is adjust what missions drop certain things.

If you want teamwork and skill do the stfs.
If you want dilithium do starbase 24.
Your understanding of how online games actually function is atrocious.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 13
11-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
It will all be forgotten about in a few months when the next 'big thing' annoys people. Remember the big stink when they added Dilithium and Unreplicateable Materials to crafting?
Crafting is in shambles. That change pretty much destroyed it,
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,804
# 14
11-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonner View Post
No, i am not kidding. If you want to play missions that take teamwork and skill, good news, you still can! All they have done is adjust what missions drop certain things.

If you want teamwork and skill do the stfs.
If you want dilithium do starbase 24.

I would think all these console clickie whiners would be happy, you get 1440 dilithium every run, every 30 minutes. That pays better than any stf did, and its ALOT easier. I cant recall how many times pugs fail elite stfs and you get nothing...This cant be failed..
Where is your logic??
I'm not playing those lamesauce carebear missions to get rewarded with dilithium.

Not all of us are satisfied with easier. Some of us actually enjoy some form of challenge.

Last edited by snoge00f; 11-13-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 262
# 15
11-13-2012, 11:29 PM
enjoy it while it lasts. when all the bugs get fixed, people will be farming these maps non stop. if not for the drops then for the dil. it's going to suck the fun out of these maps real quick. i'd be pretty pissed off if i started a sb47 mission and 10 minutes in, someone joins and annihilates all the high value targets and scores 1st place for 5 minutes worth of work. hopefully you're in it for the dilithium. if not, enjoy it while you can.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 16
11-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonner View Post
No, i am not kidding. If you want to play missions that take teamwork and skill, good news, you still can! All they have done is adjust what missions drop certain things.

If you want teamwork and skill do the stfs.
If you want dilithium do starbase 24.

I would think all these console clickie whiners would be happy, you get 1440 dilithium every run, every 30 minutes. That pays better than any stf did, and its ALOT easier. I cant recall how many times pugs fail elite stfs and you get nothing...This cant be failed..
Where is your logic??
I have some bad news for you - really BAD NEWS

no fail FA with 1440 dilthium - just wait a few days till AFK players start spamming them like mad - sure you might get the top prize but watch how long they soon will take to complete.

And people thought AFKing was bad in STF - you haven't seen anything yet!! That grind is going to get messy real soon.

I can see the bots on the horizan!!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,667
# 17
11-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonner View Post
No, i am not kidding. If you want to play missions that take teamwork and skill, good news, you still can! All they have done is adjust what missions drop certain things.

If you want teamwork and skill do the stfs.
If you want dilithium do starbase 24.
You seem to be seeing teamwork and skill as rewards. They're hurdles. And they're now mostly unnecessary hurdles.

There is no need to play a SINGLE STF to get Omega Marks.

The whole point of STFs is to provide you with hurdles and then reward you more for putting up with those hurdles.

What this does is render STFs largely pointless aside from however many you need to get your Elite gear. Which is only REALLY especially useful in STFs outside of the costume unlock.

STFs just went the way of PvP, basically.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,667
# 18
11-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I have some bad news for you - really BAD NEWS

no fail FA with 1440 dilthium - just wait a few days till AFK players start spamming them like mad - sure you might get the top prize but watch how long they soon will take to complete.

And people thought AFKing was bad in STF - you haven't seen anything yet!! That grind is going to get messy real soon.

I can see the bots on the horizan!!
Actually, you don't get dilithium from FAs without participation. I got paired with an almost done one and got a green item and no dilithium.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 255
# 19
11-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonner View Post
No, i am not kidding. If you want to play missions that take teamwork and skill, good news, you still can! All they have done is adjust what missions drop certain things.

If you want teamwork and skill do the stfs.
If you want dilithium do starbase 24.

I would think all these console clickie whiners would be happy, you get 1440 dilithium every run, every 30 minutes. That pays better than any stf did, and its ALOT easier. I cant recall how many times pugs fail elite stfs and you get nothing...This cant be failed..
Where is your logic??
Do you really think that 1440 dil reward for fleet actions are going to stick for very long? It's 1440 dilithium..... every 30 minutes. It's not quite the 2200 in 30 minutes you could get out of STFs btw which means you're wrong, but it's still 1440 dil... every 30 minutes. How long before Cryptic decides to nerf that? It's clearly an attempt to sway STF anger and will only be for a short period. I expect it to level out at 480.


Really, you shouldn't be justifying it, be all like well there's the fleet actions for 1440 dil! For one thing, I think it's minimum 960 dil, not 1440 always but I might be wrong on that. Secondly, you should be asking why did they remove dil from STFs period. There's no good reason for it in the name of game balance. I'll tell you why: because they don't want diehard STfers to earn all their dil through something they enjoy. If you make them go do other methods it's more likely they'll cave in and buy zen for dilithium. That's it, really. And THAT is what people are angry about on top of being lied to, and not so much the dilithium. There's fricking a dozen things to do to earn dil it's not a rarity. So, when we STFers go and spam our fleet actions for a few months to farm dilithium you can bet the farm a nerf will be incoming to that, too. Fleet action, dilithium daily or three, fleet action, dilithium daily or 3, fleet action, done for the day. Next.

Yeah, that won't be nerfed. Just pretend they didn't warn us multiple times in their justification blog that the nerfs would be incoming.

I won't even go into a second possibility where the reason we now have 0 dil for STFs was because it was just a big **** you to all of us who cashed in our STF drops for many millions of dil overall rather than save for rep system. I won't even begin to speculate how much in total except I do know it's in the millions based on conversion tribble reports on these forums alone. So I won't really go into THAT stuff but it's amazing how we went from yes you're getting dil just reduced numbers to you get 0 dil in the span of like a week or days, and to not tell us in the slightest and just drop the bombshell on us after the patch goes live. It's like they had two patches, one for people playing ball and another for people not playing ball. One with dil rewards for STFs and the other with no rewards.

As a result of this, people are pissed. And now you know. And you can stop trolling because that's exactly what it is when you start a new thread rather than post in the existing threads to ensure everyone sees your addition to the commentary of this subject matter and you can sit back and enjoy getting people riled up. Soooooo, a mod needs to just close and or delete this noise.



Quote:
Actually, you don't get dilithium from FAs without participation. I got paired with an almost done one and got a green item and no dilithium.
This, too.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 448
# 20
11-14-2012, 12:37 AM
I was accepting of everything having less dilithium, and there being more sources. I thought it would be great to do all kinds of things in game, and make some dilithium doing everything that I enjoy doing.

Much to my surprise, I came on last night, did 4 elite STFs, Azure rescue, Into The Hive, and a Tau Dewa system patrol, and GOT ZERO DILITHIUM!


Who wants to go the extra mile on the road to nowhere?


Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:25 AM.