Captain
# 1 Ground STFs
11-13-2012, 09:40 PM
At the time of this posting, there is a grand total of one ground STFs in progress. In all my time of running STFs, it has never been that low. I love ground STFs, they are very enjoyable. However, between removing the queue count and the dilithium rewards, there is no longer an incentive for players to do them anymore. The community was told that there would be a reduction to the dilithium rewards, so be it. Then at the last minute, the dilithium rewards are pulled entirely. Cryptic, it is well known fact that Cure ground elite and infected ground elite takes a lot of coordination in order for the mission to be successful. Both of these missions take about 30-45 minutes to get through. A player can do cure, infected, and KA space in the time it takes to get through cure ground elite with an average team. Very few people are going to do these missions because of the time commitment. Running through a very difficult mission for 60 almost useless marks just doesn't cut it. The current queue condition attests to this. Why would players choose ground when space is so quick? Please Cryptic, do something about this before ground STFs become completely dead.
Commander
# 2
11-13-2012, 09:50 PM
All stfs are going to be in trouble, but ground will fall off even faster then space. There is no way to avoid it, given these changes. I farmed out both Mk XII ground sets, and I have no doubt that this change represents the total shift away from STFs.
Captain
# 3
11-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maliusnight View Post
All stfs are going to be in trouble, but ground will fall off even faster then space. There is no way to avoid it, given these changes. I farmed out both Mk XII ground sets, and I have no doubt that this change represents the total shift away from STFs.
No, all space STFs will still see activity. Players will want to advance their fancy reputation system for the gear and passives. Ground on the other hand...pre-Season 7 there was a reason to do ground. You had to do ground to unlock visuals and to get the ground set. Now you can do a elite space STF or two for the marks and you will never have to touch another ground mission. And the "we were only bringing STFs in line with the other mark content" is false. Other mark content is designed to be winnable by the average player in 10-15 minutes with no team coordination. Elite STFs are designed to be very difficult, requiring significant coordination in order to win (or at least get the optional objective). STFs aren't anywhere near the skill level needed for the very easy mark missions and the rewards need to reflect that glaring fact.
Career Officer
# 4
11-13-2012, 09:57 PM
STFs are now like FEs, you play them a couple times for the story then go grind your Dil elsewhere.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Survivor of Romulus
# 5
11-13-2012, 11:04 PM
as usual they were told this in the run up to it going live but as frakkin usual they do what the hell they want,even if its to the detriment of their own game.fools.
Captain
# 6
11-13-2012, 11:12 PM
They're more difficult, easier to fail, take longer, the drops aren't as monetarily valuable, and aren't necessary for anything anymore. Why WOULD anyone play them now, other than because they specifically like the mission itself?