Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
So I was doing some calculations after looking at what Cryptic did as a result of S7, and I came to the following conclusion:

Feds actually cannot hit their 8k limit with just daily missions.

Now here is what I calculated:

Foundry (Investigate Officer Reports): 1440
Explore Strange New Worlds: 1440
Eta Eridani Triplet: 1440
Deferi Dailies: 1440
Emancipation + Rescue + Academy Quiz: 1440
Dilithium Asteroid Mining: 600

Which brings the grand total up to... 7800.

Last I checked 7800 was less than 8000. So there you have it. Feds got screwed.

On the flip side, I was laughing when I finished calculations, because I looked at the KDF, and they were perfectly fine. In fact, their total Dil they can get is well over 8000. It's actually more like 12 or 13k per day.

So there you have it, a change that boned feds, and left the KDF mostly unscathed.

P.S If I missed any daily sources of dilithium for the feds, please let me know.
P.P.S This did not add in Borg/Tholian Sector Incursions, simply due to the random nature of those events and the fact not everyone has access to/ can win at them.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Career Officer
# 2
11-14-2012, 12:25 AM
shh, don't tell them. they'll screw the kdf too.
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Dude genie's outta the bottle now.

Prep for the great KDF dil nerf.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Empire Veteran
# 4
11-14-2012, 01:05 AM
*cough* Fleet Actions *cough*

Oh and Doffing... and um... whatever else I forgot, I'm sure there's something.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Career Officer
# 5
11-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Frak...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
So I was doing some calculations after looking at what Cryptic did as a result of S7, and I ca
me to the following conclusion:

Feds actually cannot hit their 8k limit with just daily missions.

Now here is what I calculated:

Foundry (Investigate Officer Reports): 1440
Explore Strange New Worlds: 1440
Eta Eridani Triplet: 1440
Deferi Dailies: 1440
Emancipation + Rescue + Academy Quiz: 1440
Dilithium Asteroid Mining: 600

Which brings the grand total up to... 7800.

Last I checked 7800 was less than 8000. So there you have it. Feds got screwed.

On the flip side, I was laughing when I finished calculations, because I looked at the KDF, and they were perfectly fine. In fact, their total Dil they can get is well over 8000. It's actually more like 12 or 13k per day.

So there you have it, a change that boned feds, and left the KDF mostly unscathed.

P.S If I missed any daily sources of dilithium for the feds, please let me know.
P.P.S This did not add in Borg/Tholian Sector Incursions, simply due to the random nature of those events and the fact not everyone has access to/ can win at them.
Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T2.0, Tac 2, Eng 1.5 & Sci 1.
Subscribe to STO--1546+ days
LTS Since December 2011
Captain
# 6
11-14-2012, 01:23 AM
The cluster exploration dailies were actually more like +2880, because you could double up on B'Tran and the general "Explore 3 (X)" daily and hand both in at once.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-14-2012, 01:24 AM
Yep... let's all forgot about all the fleet actions which award dilithium and doffing which can run while you sleep.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Career Officer
# 8
11-14-2012, 01:25 AM
Fleet Actions.

Starbase 24 right now is giving out 1440 dil per run, which neatly puts your total over 8000. 9240, to be exact. Which is of course assuming you only run one Fleet Action, which would be stupid of you unless you've got some other time constraints. You can nearly run it back to back by jumping between two or three characters, I found out.
Commander
# 9
11-14-2012, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
The cluster exploration dailies were actually more like +2880, because you could double up on B'Tran and the general "Explore 3 (X)" daily and hand both in at once.
Not anymore you can't. They removed the dil from the B'tran daily
Captain
# 10
11-14-2012, 03:53 AM
This was calculated based on someone who doesn't want to PvP and just wants to run around sector space doing dailies and things like that. I based this entirely off your average casual player. I personally dgaf, since I know where to get dil, how to get dil, and what to get it from, but your average casual player who just runs basic sector stuff will have a much harder time now.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!