Lieutenant
# 121
11-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waarder View Post
Can someone please tell my why people complain so much, but still play?
If you dont like it, go and play an other mmo
if you dont like it but like the came to much. Suck it up and Shut your.....

90% of all forum posts are complaints. I can imagine the dev's dont like it that much. and just stoped listening. i would do the same if i was a dev..

If you want people to help you, be a littlebit more relaxed and give tips. dont burn down the house.
Normally I would agree with you, but in this case the WHOLE player base is shouting out- not just a select few moany self-centred prats. This one update has effectively killed the game for everyone.

Also unsuprisingly, no mod OR Dev contact in this thread at all (Not to mention devtracker is "Broken (working as intended)" so we cant track dev posts)

So heres whats need to happen Dstahl or Brandon or someone needs to get their arse in gear and get in here! You need to listen to the players and come up with a workable solution preferably prior to the next patch- because if you dont the money making aspect of this game WILL dry up as players leaver for SW:TOR and other games that are currently going FTP.

The only way the devs are going to correct this (if they ever do) is listening to the whole player base crying out and sorting the problem using one of the many solutions posted in 12 pages of thread.

and just a little note for any mod who walks in here, as a fellow mod from another gaming forum...

CUTTING THIS THREAD OFF NOW IS ABOUT THE WORST THING YOU COULD DO!
In game addy @thesaxlad invites for STF's and PUG PvP's welcome
Starfleet Veteran
# 122
11-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Quote:

90% of all forum posts are complaints. I can imagine the dev's dont like it that much. and just stoped listening. i would do the same if i was a dev..

If you want people to help you, be a littlebit more relaxed and give tips. dont burn down the house.
It is the inalienable right to freedom of speech.
Perhaps you feel people shouldn't have that right? Maybe you would take away other inalienable rights? What does this say about you?

Quote:
S7: Shaka, when the walls fell.
Many of us are like Shaka now; standing there staring; wondering why you did this. Looking for somewhere else to run to.

Rules of acquisition that apply to S7:
10. Greed is eternal.
15. Acting stupid is often smart.
19. Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
20. When the customer is sweating, turn up the heat.
41. Profit is its own reward.
60. Keep your lies consistent.
82. The flimsier the product, the higher the price.
106. There is no honor in poverty.
181. Not even dishonesty can tarnish the shine of profit.
202. The justification for profit is profit.
239. Never be afraid to mislabel a product.
266. When in doubt, lie.
284. Deep down, everyone's a Ferengi.

However the most important one was one that wasn't adhered to:
57. Good customers are as rare as latinum--treasure them.
There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
Ensign
# 123
11-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcghiey13 View Post
because quite a lot of us have spent $X00.00 's of dollars
Me 2 and i still like it.....
Ensign
# 124
11-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Exactly right mcghiey13, and those of us who've shelled out a lot of cash in support of the game have opinions that should be taken seriously if they want continued revenue growth. If in the face of an onslaught of opposition they choose to stick their heads in the sand, that really runs totally counter to their self interests. I'd be embarrassed to be their little corporate stooge in a situation like this.
Captain
# 125
11-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Quote:

People compain and still play the game because they are passionate about the game. The changes have not toally destroyed the game. But the changes are ground shaking. The developer are pushing people in the playing the game the way the devs want them to. And play the content the devs want them to play.

The Blog says it all. You spent 3.5 hours a play session. Doing cotent your consider fun. That won't do. The devs want you to have to spent that entire time to earn dilithium if you want any more then mission rewards in terms of equipment. And your meger dilithium have to be split amount gearing up, earning zen for C-Store purchases, fleet projects or embassy projects. Pick one to do quick or spread yourself thin and take forever less a day to do any of it. This for the casual player.
Empire Veteran
# 126
11-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Quote:
We complain because we're avid players. When I really don't enjoy a game, leaving is very easy.

The lack of dilithium is not a problem for me. The problem is doing something that is rather demanding, and when I am done, there is no sense of gain. Dilithium was good for that, and now it is gone. I play and play and I get.... nothing?

I don't know what reputation gets me yet. I do know that star bases are now going nowhere. I am pretty sure embassies are not going anywhere until we see the grind leading somewhere that we want to go.

I will give it some time, but there are strong tides in the MMO world that are pulling me away from STO. I have spent a ton of money here, and while I may not be missed, if enough people like me lose interest... then that will definitely be missed by Cryptic.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 127
11-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprcheeze View Post
Still, the blatantly contradictory statements of this posting are troubling. "We want people to refine more dilithium, so we're removing the largest sources of it." Excuse me?
Dstahl : "oopppsss , we were hoping you guys would not catch that part ... . Oh well , be quiet an go play some FA's .
Thissss I Command ! "
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Survivor of Romulus
# 128
11-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Guys. What he is saying is that while most people refined less than the devs would have expected, a few were refining much more than that per time invested.

So they are trying to solve two problems:

1. Have the few people who found exploits get less dilithium than before.
2. Have the people who didn't bother to search for such exploits get more dilithium than before.

In other words, they are making the amount of dilithium you earn more dependent on the time you play and less on cunning analysis of the system (or a copy of someone else's).

And what he is also saying is that if the results of this turn out to not make people, on average, earn more dilithium than now, they will adjust it just like they will remove exploits if people find any.

So I suggest we all just find out how to get Dilithium in an enjoyable way that is not too quick, and have fun with it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Captain
# 129
11-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
...y'know what?
Yu're gonna make me lol ?

Quote:
I play nice. I do my best to defend the Devs from the boneheaded forum-goers.
Good for you . We all simply have to have a pointles jihad in our lives , so glad you have yours . I hope you at least get payed .

Quote:
But so help me, this Dilithium change has me as close to outright nerd-splosion as I can stand.
Wait ... is this the reason your outdated Galaxy-X "troll the players" sig just went away ?

Quote:
Totally removing dilithium as a direct reward from STF's is stupid. There is nice way to say it. This is a terrible, terrible idea,
Oh ... I love it when the Cryptic Defense League crumbles .
It always takes that "last straw" , but dammit it always happens .

Quote:
Now, this is me we're talking about here.
Off course it is ! The Center of the Universe a you know it .
It's just so nice to see that you think that Cryptic (and we all) need to see that "obvious fact" as well .
How could we have missed it for sooo loooong ???
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Commander
# 130
11-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Concern 1 ? Active level 50 players are refining far less Dilithium than we expect them to.
Prior to Season 7, the average amount of Dilithium refined by an active level 50 player was 3100 per session or 13,250 per week. That is far less than the cap of 8000 per day when you consider that most level 50 players play multiple days per week and slightly more than the average hours per session.

-> That is probably because the only effective way to grind dilithium is doing STFs. Those STFs are boring if you have to do them multiple times a day. I for example only play Cure Space Normal or Infected Space Elite. All others are boring or the risk is too high to loose it with a pug. Then you have your 45 minute cooldown or what not and limit us in getting dilithium and you still wonder why lot of players dont reach the cap? We have other things to do instead of wasting hours and hours on the same content. Now you changed something, lets see if its successful. As far as i heard, you removed dilithium from the STFs which means that i probably wont get any dilithium at all anymore (except when i work even more and do some projects which i dont want). I dont play the fleet actions (very rarely) because they are boring. Its always the same. You have to defend XYZ. I dont like to be defender, i am an attacker.
What ? Calaway.