Career Officer
# 31
11-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Takes some getting used to - took my Vesta for a spin earlier; finding it hard to adapt to flying what is basically a cruiser with cannons. Not used to it at all!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 32
11-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Takes some getting used to - took my Vesta for a spin earlier; finding it hard to adapt to flying what is basically a cruiser with cannons. Not used to it at all!
Lol people have been doing it with the Excel for yonks dude, you're spoiled.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 33
11-14-2012, 02:16 AM
turn consoles are your friend, and will go a loooooong way with a base turn of 12.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 34
11-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
turn consoles are your friend, and will go a loooooong way with a base turn of 12.
I know - I'm just not used to flying what is, basically, a cruiser that has cannons fitted - feels sort of 'wrong' somehow. Don't know why - I know it's not - but just feel like I should be using beams. Can't really explain it.

Captain
# 35
11-14-2012, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I know - I'm just not used to flying what is, basically, a cruiser that has cannons fitted - feels sort of 'wrong' somehow. Don't know why - I know it's not - but just feel like I should be using beams. Can't really explain it.
Then use beams. Don'T let some item dictate your playstyle, if you are not comfortable with it!
Career Officer
# 36
11-14-2012, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Then use beams. Don'T let some item dictate your playstyle, if you are not comfortable with it!
Good point - Thankyou

I guess it boils down to the fact that having Aux cannons doesn' t necessarily mean that you HAVE to use them.

Agoing to experiment a little first. Intend to try a dual-beam bank + Aux cannon setup first. Depending on how that goes I'll either stick with that or replace the cannon with a beam array.

Captain
# 37
11-14-2012, 07:57 AM
If you don't want to give up either of your toys, it may help if I say that mixing cannons and beams isn't as undesirable or unpleasant as it used to be since FAW re-lost its accuracy modifier. This is particularly true for ships that don't lean heavy on the Tactical slots, so you could run five beams and swap one of the fore for the cannons without losing sleep over it.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Commander
# 38
11-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Yea I used the excelsior with cannons for just about all my endgame time took the vesta out and was asked if I was drunk due to squirrely flying.

How are you suppose to to eat and pilot at eh the same time with this thing? Use to be you see an enemy going by put the ship in reverse and start leading their pass, then you reach over grab your sandwich take a bite put it down take a drink, then reach over and put the ship in forward and hit a tack skill, reach back over and grab some chips eat them and then stop turning and you should be lined up just about right behind your target.
I do that with the vesta now and just end up pointing off in weird directions