Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,041
# 11
11-14-2012, 02:56 AM
Still forgetting to edit in the fleet actions... but hey you dgaf so why not continue to present false information.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 12
11-14-2012, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
Still forgetting to edit in the fleet actions... but hey you dgaf so why not continue to present false information.
...
Your average casual player will usually either A) not know what fleet actions are, or B) not want to do them for various reasons.

I should probably have modified my commentary that as solo play goes, there is no longer a way to make the 8k mark. That would have then excluded any of the multiplayer action. I also should have said as solo content missions go, which then would have excluded DOff assignments, which I am fully aware can amount to somewhere around 1.5-2k dil by the end of the day. My apologies for not clarifying that sooner.

I never said what I was presenting was true for everyone. I was just pointing out something I noticed that wasn't there before, since before S7 was released, you could hit your 8k mark pretty easily as a fed with solo play mission content only. As is now, you can't. That's all I was saying.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
# 13
11-14-2012, 03:21 AM
I understand that cryptic wants us to do other content in STO. I just did a SB24, I only got a turret. So as I understand when you do the lowest damage, you only get a console or a turret, you get no dilithium at all.

So is there a reason to even fly a science utility ship in fleet actions anymore, because for me it seems it is all about how much damage you do now, to even get the 1440 dilithium also?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,916
# 14
11-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masondk View Post
I understand that cryptic wants us to do other content in STO. I just did a SB24, I only got a turret. So as I understand when you do the lowest damage, you only get a console or a turret, you get no dilithium at all.

So is there a reason to even fly a science utility ship in fleet actions anymore, because for me it seems it is all about how much damage you do now, to even get the 1440 dilithium also?
According to Dan Stahl, the "place" in a fleet action is not based on your damage, but on your overall impact. So you can (if they did implement that correctly) win #1 with a sci/sci, too.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,561
# 15
11-14-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
So I was doing some calculations after looking at what Cryptic did as a result of S7, and I came to the following conclusion:

Feds actually cannot hit their 8k limit with just daily missions.

Now here is what I calculated:

Foundry (Investigate Officer Reports): 1440
Explore Strange New Worlds: 1440
Eta Eridani Triplet: 1440
Deferi Dailies: 1440
Emancipation + Rescue + Academy Quiz: 1440
Dilithium Asteroid Mining: 600

Which brings the grand total up to... 7800.

Last I checked 7800 was less than 8000. So there you have it. Feds got screwed.

On the flip side, I was laughing when I finished calculations, because I looked at the KDF, and they were perfectly fine. In fact, their total Dil they can get is well over 8000. It's actually more like 12 or 13k per day.

So there you have it, a change that boned feds, and left the KDF mostly unscathed.

P.S If I missed any daily sources of dilithium for the feds, please let me know.
P.P.S This did not add in Borg/Tholian Sector Incursions, simply due to the random nature of those events and the fact not everyone has access to/ can win at them.
if you can't hit the max, do a starbase 24 or some other fleet action (starbase 24 is like a 10 minute battle for acceptable loot and dilithium
and here is the deal...klingons do not have that fleet action.

so in my opinion, if you want to hit 8k per day you still can do it easily with both factions.
"Drama for nothing this post is, yes"...to quote a charakter from another franchise.

also the time it would take you to do your listed dailys, i may be able to pull of double of that with PVP and fleet actions.
i mean, half of what you list are just a maximum time consuming missions that reward nothing compared to the time invested. basically in the time you travel around in sector space to get to them i can make like 4k dilithium.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 11-14-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 165
# 16
11-14-2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masondk View Post
I understand that cryptic wants us to do other content in STO. I just did a SB24, I only got a turret. So as I understand when you do the lowest damage, you only get a console or a turret, you get no dilithium at all.

So is there a reason to even fly a science utility ship in fleet actions anymore, because for me it seems it is all about how much damage you do now, to even get the 1440 dilithium also?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
According to Dan Stahl, the "place" in a fleet action is not based on your damage, but on your overall impact. So you can (if they did implement that correctly) win #1 with a sci/sci, too.
also... didn't they decide that everyone get Dili? They even removed 2xdili for the winner, so it wouldn't be "unfair".

Quote:
Updated Fleet Actions:
- Increased Dilithium rewards for the Fleet Actions that reward Dilithium, e.g. Starbase 24.
- Fleet Actions that reward Dilithium now have a 30 minute cooldown.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 394
# 17
11-14-2012, 08:57 AM
I can't help but read this thread and wonder... 'Did anyone in here read the OP?' It quite clearly states that the total he came up with is from daily missions only. That means EXCLUDING Fleet Actions. So, why so many comments about him adding them in when his entire thread was based around maxing out your dilithium BY DOING DAILIES?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,888
# 18
11-14-2012, 09:18 AM
I hit refinement cap on 2 characters, and should have enough time to cap 2 more characters before the dil refinement reset later today. I have not done a single one of these dailys on either faction and don't intend to, I find them all boring and can earn dil with just fleet actions.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,186
# 19
11-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
I can't help but read this thread and wonder... 'Did anyone in here read the OP?' It quite clearly states that the total he came up with is from daily missions only. That means EXCLUDING Fleet Actions. So, why so many comments about him adding them in when his entire thread was based around maxing out your dilithium BY DOING DAILIES?
It's the price they pay, for those last 5 ships the Feds got, while the KDF got skrewed.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 40
# 20
11-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I should probably have modified my commentary that as solo play goes, there is no longer a way to make the 8k mark. That would have then excluded any of the multiplayer action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
... That means EXCLUDING Fleet Actions. So, why so many comments about him adding them in when his entire thread was based around maxing out your dilithium BY DOING DAILIES?
I find I can't earn ANY dilithium when I play with one hand tied behind my back and both eyes closed. Cryptic sucks!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 AM.