Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 205
Hi all,

For anyone who has the resonance cascade module off the steamrunner class, I have three questions:

1) Is this console indeed usable on any starship, or only the steamrunner?

2) Does the shield boost power impact yourself as well, or only your teammates?

3) What is the cooldown on the power?

Thanks!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 2
11-14-2012, 04:59 AM
1) Any Ship
2) Yes
3) 3 mins

Or so I have heard..
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 205
# 3
11-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the info, dalnar83.

I'm debating picking this console up for my tanking assault cruiser...but I'm not sure if I'd better off with this console or another field generator or a shield regen console.

So far this looks promising though, as it would be helpful to negate bleed through against the tac cube in ise and provide additional team support when things get "bad."

Has anyone actually tried this console yet? Do you think it'd be worth it?
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 465
# 4
11-14-2012, 06:33 AM
I was using it last night on my Vesta in ISE, Fleet events, and Starbase 24. It definetly helps as an "Oh SH*T" button. However, I wouldn't advise using it to replace a field generator, as that's kind of counter productive. 17.5%+ less of shields for a 20% resistance, rather than having both and sacrificing a tactical or engineering slot. But that's just me and my obsession with high shield numbers.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 205
# 5
11-14-2012, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
I was using it last night on my Vesta in ISE, Fleet events, and Starbase 24. It definetly helps as an "Oh SH*T" button. However, I wouldn't advise using it to replace a field generator, as that's kind of counter productive. 17.5%+ less of shields for a 20% resistance, rather than having both and sacrificing a tactical or engineering slot. But that's just me and my obsession with high shield numbers.
Oh yeah, I wouldn't dream of giving up one field generator...i was thinking of this instead of a second one. But this does sound like a really good candidate for an engineering console just the same...thanks for the input.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 687
# 6
11-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Its on sale for USD $9.99 right now... I picked up one. Should be interesting...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14
# 7
11-14-2012, 05:17 PM
It sure would be nice if the password I used to create my Steam account would work. Now I'm waiting for support to send me an email so I can reset it and claim the $10 product I paid them money for. Steam sucks, IMHO. I would have rather they just send me the code rather than making me log in to their site and look it up.

/rant off.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,163
# 8
11-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemike View Post
Its on sale for USD $9.99 right now... I picked up one. Should be interesting...
Sale ends at 5am Friday.

Not well thought out, since most people get paid on Friday. I'd buy one, but, by the time my direct deposit goes through, the sale will be over.

Oh well... that's just an extra $10 in my gas tank.
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,686
# 9
11-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
Sale ends at 5am Friday.

Not well thought out, since most people get paid on Friday. I'd buy one, but, by the time my direct deposit goes through, the sale will be over.

Oh well... that's just an extra $10 in my gas tank.
uhh no it doesnt...it ends 15 hours as of this post..........

EDIT:!!!! opps time zones lol nvm

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:29 AM.