Career Officer
# 51
11-14-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenzenarimasen View Post
Oh, executive producer? You do realize that marketing execs often carry that title right? You know what else? Everything that's said by him on the webpage has to be approved by the marketing department. I didn't admit that he lied. I don't even know what he said. You have exceptionally poor reading comprehension. What I said was that marketing departments lie. It's what they do. So I don't pay attention to marketing of any sort.

If you want to twist my words around, go right ahead, but it only makes you look like a fool who can't read.

Make like a borg and adapt.

Someone else who doesn't understand how corporations work, I see.

See that? Now pay attention.
You really are making yourself look like an arse today, do you get a dilithium payment from Cryptic for that? You said Dstahl is marketing department. End of. We are merely pointing out to you that he is far more than just the marketing department, he is the boss, the top guy, get it? Sure that means he has overall say in the marketing department but it's not all he is. And for your information I was a sales director when you were probably still in nappies sonny.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 52
11-14-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Oh, executive producer? You do realize that marketing execs often carry that title right? You know what else? Everything that's said by him on the webpage has to be approved by the marketing department. I didn't admit that he lied. I don't even know what he said. You have exceptionally poor reading comprehension. What I said was that marketing departments lie. It's what they do. So I don't pay attention to marketing of any sort.
So either they didn't lie, or they did lie but it's marketing speak so it doesn't count? Make up your mind with your arguments.

Let's go by exactly what Stahl has said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post

- The goal of the conversion is to retain "purchasing power" as close to what it was previously. We looked at the amount of items needed to obtain gear sets and set out to ensure that if you had enough items to get a specific gear piece or gear set, the conversion would be do its best to retain that purchasing power in the new system. Keep in mind that the way you obtain MACO/HONOR/OMEGA sets is going to be different because it will no longer be in a store, and will instead be via projects. So just having a conversion rate would not necessarily help you decide whether to cash out yet or not. The way you obtain dilithium and gear is changing in this system and you'll be able to see most of those changes on Tribble.

Quote:
When we say "casual" play - we calculate that a player can earn all inputs necessary to complete the Rep system by playing three 1-hour session per week. That is very casual when compared to the greater amount of time most players actually play. We do not anticiapte anyone needing to trade for any Dilithium in order to complete this system as they should be able to easily earn enough in three 1-hour sessions per week given the amount of Dilithium players earn on average per session.
Quote:
STFs and Fleet Actions will both reward Dilithium as of Season 7.
Quote:
We will make sure that you can see the price structure as well as your conversion so that you can decide how best to proceed - either spend now on Holodeck in the old system, or wait for the new.
Quote:
The designers had a desire to see more people playing the Fleet Actions by making Fleet Actions the best source of Dilithium. Keep in mind that STFs will reward Dilithium AND Omega Marks - and Omega Marks can then be converted to more Dilithium after you've hit max level in Omega, so it may seem just be a short sighted argument.
I could go on, but you get the idea.
Career Officer
# 53
11-14-2012, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
You really are making yourself look like an arse today, do you get a dilithium payment from Cryptic for that? You said Dstahl is marketing department. End of. We are merely pointing out to you that he is far more than just the marketing department, he is the boss, the top guy, get it? Sure that means he has overall say in the marketing department but it's not all he is. And for your information I was a sales director when you were probably still in nappies sonny.
Correction, Alan Chen is the Boss and Big Guy. As he is the CEO of Perfect World Entertainment, and thus Dstahl's boss.
# 54
11-14-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
It will all be forgotten about in a few months when the next 'big thing' annoys people. Remember the big stink when they added Dilithium and Unreplicateable Materials to crafting?

Those things were not forgotten. If you haven't noticed people are not doing as much or AT ALL crafting. So.... Mission Accomplished by Cryptic?

And to the poster several people above yours, yes it seems they are giving more options with SB 24 giving 1440 Dil with a short cooldown, buit there are no big ships there before BECAUSE it was a newbiew STF to do before the big boys took out REAL STFs with the borg. Now the big boys have been sent back to the the start of the line in regards to STFs.

I guess you must done some research and found that satisfying those few players who were polaying the starting STFs was the most important thing of all, huh Cryptic?
Captain
# 55
11-14-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatex View Post
Those things were not forgotten. If you haven't noticed people are not doing as much or AT ALL crafting. So.... Mission Accomplished by Cryptic?
Sidebar: Dstahl would disagree that crafting is dead.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11...-daniel-stahl/

4th question.
Career Officer
# 56
11-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helixsunbringer View Post
Correction, Alan Chen is the Boss and Big Guy. As he is the CEO of Perfect World Entertainment, and thus Dstahl's boss.
OK noted, thanks, however if Cryptic enjoys a level of autonomy then for all intents and purposes Stahl has the big chair, however I assume your post implies that PWE are pulling the strings?

Career Officer
# 57
11-14-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
OK noted, thanks, however if Cryptic enjoys a level of autonomy then for all intents and purposes Stahl has the big chair, however I assume your post implies that PWE are pulling the strings?
I can't say for certain how closely interrelated the two parts of the company are. However I highly doubt that the parent company would sit idly by and let Cryptic muck about with something that directly influences the Zen Currency which is the primary mode of income for Perfect World Entertainment.
# 58
11-14-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helixsunbringer View Post
I can't say for certain how closely interrelated the two parts of the company are. However I highly doubt that the parent company would sit idly by and let Cryptic muck about with something that directly influences the Zen Currency which is the primary mode of income for Perfect World Entertainment.
That makes sense to me. It would also explain the total U-Turn from much of what Stahl and others had said during tribble testing. This last blog feels to me like something that has been forced on them and hence the huge amount of explanations given plus the lack of feedback on the many forum posts about this, seems to me Stahl's hands are tied and he is probably feeling just as shafted if not more so, because after all this is his livelihood, than the rest of us.

Makes you wonder how many of the Dev team may be looking at the Situations Vacant post of their local paper this morning?

Lieutenant
# 59
11-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Sidebar: Dstahl would disagree that crafting is dead.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11...-daniel-stahl/

4th question.
I am a fairly avid crafter myself, though possibly not to the level Stahl was referring to in that article. To my mind, crafting wasn't killed by adding dilithium to it, it was just crippled. I have not, nor will I ever, craft any of the items that require dilithium as it stands now. There are still plenty of options for worthwhile things to craft (captain and lower weapons for new toons, melee weapons, kits for all levels, etc), but none of them require unreplicateable materials. So no, it's not dead, but adding those materials to the system certainly reduced its value to level 50 players to almost nothing.
Captain
# 60
11-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonner View Post

I see it pretty cut and dried.
Maybe that's your problem right there .
See in the Star Trek universe , ppl actually care about the opinions of other ppl , even when they differ from their own .
I may not agree with the complaints of Foundry Authors for example , but I don't confront them and tell them that I'm right and they're wrong simply because I say so .
More over , I don't question their right to voice their grievances any more then I question the pvp-ers or stf-ers or Kdf-ers .
We are all minorities , but despite what Cryptic thinks or does , we still matter .

Quote:
If ya dont like the game, go play something else.
I'm not sure what to ask you first :
Are you sure you are a Star Trek fan ? (you don't sound like one)
And what other Star Trek Mmo would you suggest that I go play ?

Quote:
I'm just sick of hearing it. I get that you people don't like it, but I don't like hearing about it every moment I'm in the game and all over the forums for a FREAKING month. Just shut up already.
Ahhh , but you at least hear it ... -- and not just from the "forum going minority" -- which is even better .
Kind of sucks that you are hearing what the Dev's don't (or pretend they don't) .

Gen.Hauk is definitely right tho -- fat chance the Devs are playing this game with any regularity .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .