Starfleet Veteran
# 151
11-14-2012, 06:48 AM
She's a Vulcan who's putting aside differences between her people to help her distant brethren in the hopes of a brighter future.

Seriously, if they put a Romulan there then I'm pretty sure people would have started expecting to play a Romulan. If that functionality isn't made available then you've got heaps of unhappy people.
Career Officer
# 152
11-14-2012, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keestromp View Post
It looks to my like she trips, accidentally fires here phaser, and is like as emotional about it as Kristen Stewart
Lol. Leave K Stew alone, she's had a hard time already what with dating too many guys, living the Hollywood lifestyle and 'staring' in blockbuster films.... (not even I can keep a straight face for that last one one lol)

Back on topic though, this lady in the promo pic isn't a Romulan at all. Look at the Federation uniform and Federation starships in the background.
However, it would have made more sense to have a Romulan or Reman character in the promo material, with a variety of factions ships in the background not actually attacking eachother.

And that Romulan with a smooth head in the movie wasn't a Romulan at all
Commander
# 153
11-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Or maybe she is just a Vulcan? I mean, for a promotional image, you obviously want something attractive... like a beautiful pointy-eared space elf.
A little bit too space elf possibly. Seriosuly it looks like she should be doing the Bullet proof nudity thing with a sword than Star trek.
Lieutenant
# 154
11-14-2012, 07:08 AM
Lovely? I think not. Its just terrible. This space elf has no place in Star Trek.

Give us back Phaser Dude!

Captain Ruri Gokou of the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk
Catian Atrox Carrier
Commander
That new Vulcan girl is simply sexist. Can't remember good ol' Phaser Guy to show of his breasts... Now that it is a chick.. of COURSE she's got to present her plunging neckline. Please Cryptic, do you really need boobies to advertise for STO?...

Disappointed.
Captain
# 156
11-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Oh, unclench.

You'd have to be pathologically uptight to have a problem with such an innocent picture.
Commander
# 157
11-14-2012, 07:25 AM
I thought boobs were a valid advertising source for any computer game.
Lt. Commander
# 158
11-14-2012, 07:27 AM
oh gimme a break...

a free peak at the cleavage is the only damn thing we got for free from s7!

Besides she's a beauty. Relax and enjoy. Remember, the time it took to make that picture was time that couln't be used to make the game more grindy end expensive to play!
Commander
# 159
11-14-2012, 07:29 AM
I'm female, and busty Vulcan phaser girl doesn't offend me in the slightest. That's one of the uniforms available for zen, so really... I can't see where there'd be a problem putting it out in the open.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Captain
# 160
11-14-2012, 07:32 AM
yes they do! and it is not only cryptic that does this...if you browse through MMO game covers or posters you will see that this is very common in computer games, even movies...
i'm not even surprised, since there is already the option to buy a costume that basically is just showing boobs. Orion slave girls...
i do not say it is right for them to do it, but it is not new either in sto. So if you find that picture "pathetically sexist" what about the rest of the semi nudity in the game?
Go pro or go home