Lieutenant
# 41
11-14-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repetitiveepic View Post
The idea is for you to buy zen and trade it for dilithium on the dilithium exchange, that is the whole idea, the only idea.
INDEED!

Season 7 is 100% clearly a decision made in the boardroom to increase revenue and strangle the enjoyment of free play.

This does not mean that casual players can't have fun. It means serious players who used to earn dil/ec from STF's (an enjoyable challenge) are now forced to do extremely dull, pointless, no-tactic Fleet Events or, far more importantly, SPEND SPEND SPEND.

I believed in this game and, as such, spent my hard-earned on Zen. No more, as I believe Cryptic must have been bought by Bigpoint (actually owned by GE Capita)

"Diversity" was their excuse for the S7 STF changes. "Greed" was their actual motive.
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-14-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omfg4202 View Post
Well played, Perfect World. Your greed has killed PVE, and with it, Star Trek Online. Congratulations, I guess.
Pretty much this^^

besides, it's not canon for Trek to go past season 7 anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
I'm for sure not spending anymore real money for this crap.
Yup, I think I'm done too.
Ensign
# 43
11-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoustar View Post
INDEED!

Season 7 is 100% clearly a decision made in the boardroom to increase revenue and strangle the enjoyment of free play.

This does not mean that casual players can't have fun. It means serious players who used to earn dil/ec from STF's (an enjoyable challenge) are now forced to do extremely dull, pointless, no-tactic Fleet Events or, far more importantly, SPEND SPEND SPEND.

I believed in this game and, as such, spent my hard-earned on Zen. No more, as I believe Cryptic must have been bought by Bigpoint (actually owned by GE Capita)

"Diversity" was their excuse for the S7 STF changes. "Greed" was their actual motive.
I could not agree more as I already do.

Of course it is all about money and I can understand that. O also work for money (or how could I pay for food, water, electricity? internet ), you all who are employed work for money, so do the people in CRYPTIC. But there needs to be some reasonable extend. Or how is it possible, that other online games survive even if they don't exploit their players. I bought gw2, play the game without the necessity of spending real money and yet I consider to do so and support the game, maybe I buy some outfit. Yes, the game is not 100% perfect, but I do not feel to be exploited. I see dev's effort to make the game better, so why not support them.

STO was a dream that came truth. However in it's current state I don't even dream about spending my money, as I would get absolutely nothing.
Lieutenant
# 44
11-14-2012, 07:16 AM
There are two ways to punish Cryptic:

1) Obviously, stop spending money on STO.

2) Less obviously, stop playing. If they rely on metrics so much, they'll see the drop in numbers.

And you just might find a game or other form of entertainment you might find more enjoyable.
Career Officer
# 45
11-14-2012, 07:23 AM
you have tou unlock them yes yier 3 you get 12 it will takea hard month
flip zen for dilithium will get you by
this what the do in PWE
everyone wants new content right what pays for new content
lock boxes and zen for cstore

you guys want featured episodes how you get them
Career Officer
# 46
11-14-2012, 07:26 AM
you have to give iyt a month before you quit
Lt. Commander
Before we all get too stressed, the good news is that, since they have managed to made the game much less rewarding and enjoyable, we and a lot of other people are going to be playing a lot less, many may give up, at least for a while. Sooner or later, this has got to hurt their finances, and if that?s all they care about, "hey presto", they?ll fix it.

I will certainly be playing a lot less, but I will be waiting for the daft dilithium cost to come down and some decent rewards, after all the PVE drops were in desperate need of improving (Note to any dev ? I said ?improving?).
"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. For every doff box bought, I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames. For every single doff box opened, I stab at thee from hell's heart. For every single doff contributed, I spit my last breath at thee..." Khan Playing STO
Captain
# 48
11-14-2012, 07:41 AM
I have to laugh, if this is PWE's attempt to make STO like every other MMO out there I think they've succeeded. Tho the 'fun' factor left when I completed the FE's I still had a goal- prepare for the endgame. Now with S7 I don't see an endgame to prepare for, all I see is an endless cash-sapping, mind numbing grind toward the next seasons new grind, and whatever sink.

The realization hit me while doing the new Romulan 'mark' patrol, 9 freeking engagements over 1.5 hours for a handful of the new currency that the reputation system demands in addition to the dozens of common commodities required for each project. I don't particularly need the gear, am doubtful the passives will be a major benefit, and don't see anything new in the c-store worth grinding dilith-to-zen for KDF players.

All I see is a cheaply skinned rehash of existing content (Nukara, fleet system) and new sinks. Congrads PWE, you've made a vaguely unique game very ordinary.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Empire Veteran
# 49
11-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repetitiveepic View Post
The idea is for you to buy zen and trade it for dilithium on the dilithium exchange, that is the whole idea, the only idea.
I know that... my subscription will expire on january 9th, until that day I will not buy a zen... I'll see how the game will change and if it will be necessary to buy zen points and exchange them for dilithium (what dilithium if grinding it is so difficult?) in order to play... than I will leave sto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katee1313 View Post
I could not agree more as I already do.

Of course it is all about money and I can understand that. O also work for money (or how could I pay for food, water, electricity? internet ), you all who are employed work for money, so do the people in CRYPTIC. But there needs to be some reasonable extend. Or how is it possible, that other online games survive even if they don't exploit their players. I bought gw2, play the game without the necessity of spending real money and yet I consider to do so and support the game, maybe I buy some outfit. Yes, the game is not 100% perfect, but I do not feel to be exploited. I see dev's effort to make the game better, so why not support them.

STO was a dream that came truth. However in it's current state I don't even dream about spending my money, as I would get absolutely nothing.
I think no one expext PW working for glory... but this do not mean I am happy to be handled like a cow to milk... I can pay a balanced subscription to play and also buy some item from the store, but this do not seems balanced at all... better buy one game a month for my playstation
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoustar View Post
that's my main problem too