Lieutenant
# 181
11-14-2012, 08:17 AM
hahaha this is funny

Scantily clad women in Star Trek has been going on throughout Trek's entire history.

7 of 9 was written on to Voyager to appeal to a particular demographic group and increase viewership. STO is following Trek history LOL.

Come to think of it, pretty much every Trek show had their gal in a catsuit or ample viewing of cleavage.

T'pol, Kira, Troi, and pretty much every female costar on TOS.

Agreed with the above poster, players are going to be dissapointed they can't get that outfit ingame.

I wouln't have a problem with ripped shirt Kirk up there either, with the philosphy of IDIC, Trek is a very liberal universe. I think it ultimately comes down to marketing and demographics for STO. Probably why the female KDF Honor Guard XII outfit with the cleave window is at the end and requires so much grinding to get to. Pretty logical move by STO if they want to keep their majority demographic glued to the game.

Cheers
TJ

Last edited by tejanahawk; 11-14-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Career Officer
# 182
11-14-2012, 08:38 AM
*looks*, by Jove, you might be onto something there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
This phaser lady is neither Romulan nor Vulcan. She is an elf. Elfish hair, elfish ears, elfish balloons.

Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T1.5, Tac 2, Eng 1 & Sci 1.
Subscribe to STO--1546+ days
LTS Since December 2011
Career Officer
# 183
11-14-2012, 08:44 AM
The original can always be found at http://www.archive.org. It will take some rummaging, but you can still find him on a few pages.

As with any redirecting please ensure proper security controls are in place before clicking.
Commander
# 184
11-14-2012, 08:55 AM
What bugs me the most is her aim. she's waving her Phaser aroundl ike its a compact!

Weapon handling safety people! I know its Unknown in large parts of the world, but come on...
Captain
# 185
11-14-2012, 09:04 AM
The only thing offensive is that FEDERATION uniform.

...Please have it removed !
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 186
11-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I mean, for a promotional image, you obviously want something attractive... like a beautiful pointy-eared space elf.
If such the promotional image they were going for, they should have instead had a skantidily clad Orion Slave Girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
link does not work
It's the Season 7 Promotional Art.

Quote:
as klingons have all kinds of forehead ridges, so have the romulans.
All Romulans from TNG onwards had ridges, I didn't see a single pure Romulan without any. The only Romulans that went without the ridges are Nero and his band of merry men, and the Romulans we saw in TOS.

Quote:
I personally would go with Romulans WITHOUT ridges and add a possibility for having them.
We've already got enough human-looking aliens in Star Trek. A little variety isn't going to hurt.

Quote:
The evil guy in the last ST film was Romulan and also had NONE ridges.. so?
Notice the Klingons (outtakes) in the rebooted ST film wore helmets instead of having ridges? The lack of ridges on both Romulan and Klingon within that film was probably due to budget costs, least if nothing else, the writers probably felt that they'd get more of a response from viewers having an Alien antagonist that didn't quite look alien (in the traditional sense).

Quote:
Originally Posted by keestromp View Post
It looks to my like she trips, accidentally fires here phaser, and is like as emotional about it as Kristen Stewart
Hah! Made me chuckle did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Being a Vulcan, she should be. Yes, I said Vulcan. For the simple fact she is in a starfleet uniform. Romulans haven't joined Starfleet. Even ones who wear their uniforms with the zip pretty much all the way down.
If she is a Vulcan, then fine. The discussion needs no more. I just figured she was a Romulan because Season 7 is Romulan. Add to that, Season 7 is introducing Romulan Bridge Officers, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirricwin View Post
Lol. Leave K Stew alone, she's had a hard time already what with dating too many guys, living the Hollywood lifestyle and 'staring' in blockbuster films....
Oh she's brought all that on herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirricwin View Post
And that Romulan with a smooth head in the movie wasn't a Romulan at all
You're saying Nero (and his entire crew) were actually Human-Romulan Offspring (alike Sela, foregoing the ridges). I can accept this.
Career Officer
# 187
11-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejanahawk View Post
Come to think of it, pretty much every Trek show had their gal in a catsuit or ample viewing of cleavage.

T'pol, Kira, Troi, and pretty much every female costar on TOS.
TJ
Wait? Kira was supposed to be a sex symbol?
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Survivor of Remus
# 188
11-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Wait are you really trying to justify a supposedly sexist change by saying "Hey it's okay, Star Trek was always sexist before!" ?

Just because it was sexist before, doesn't mean it still has to be sexist now. Just sayin'.
Captain
# 189
11-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post
1) I bought the Open Jacket uniforms from the C-Store. How long until we get an open jacket version of the Odyssey uniform? ~_^
More like: How long until the open jackets have undershirts for the women, and open chests for the men?

For those of you thinking that the anti sexy Vulcan attitudes are silly (or whatever), I think this sums it up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxrockssocks View Post
I don't normally have an issue with revealing outfits or uniforms. But this is just gratuitous and cheap.

Last edited by felderburg; 11-14-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Career Officer
# 190
11-14-2012, 09:42 AM
So, why didn't they use an image like one of these to put on the Front Page ?

http://imageshack.us/a/img405/3474/spockkkkk.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/8886/2...dd615b86ae.jpg

Oh wait, I know why ... because that would have been just as sexist as the nonsense they have up on the front page now. Only the other way around, and it wouldn't be appealing to teenaged drooling fanboys, and men who act like teens.

Just putting that out there.