Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
# 21
11-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
The question is who the heck do you think you are?

For months the Pandas have ranted on this forum, bullied people on it, and finally took off. There is no other fleet in this game that comes on the forum in a collective demeanor to intimidate, and make several posts atop of one another to have their way with someone's opinion. Not one fleet.

And now, you guys are on here advertising another game. And it bothers you for me to point that fact out? I don't see TSI members doing the same for GW2 or Critz members doing the same for MWO. If you're done with the game, then move on.

Bottom line, this ain't a MWO forum.
Who the heck do you think you are? owner of the PvP forums now the pandas are gone? Got a surprise for you, its free for all. We someday hope pvp will be better again, and im pretty sure we arent gone for good.

You should tone down a bit and don't pretend you are the pvp community representative here in STO because you're not.

No offense, kkthxbye

Edit; btw, there is no harm with talking about another PvP game because PvP in this game simply sucks and hasn't been worked on since STO's release, we have all rights to talk about everything.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 284
# 22
11-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Looks like I got here just in time for the Pandas to take over the thread!
Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 23
11-14-2012, 09:44 AM
SO who is looking forward to Morrowwind Online or Shadowrun Online?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,761
# 24
11-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Don't play another fail MMO. Play another proper game instead.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 25
11-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
Actually, I don't dislike you. When I've been on vent or ts with you it has been pleasant. You do, however, take on a much less endearing persona when you post on the forums. I don't know why that is the case, but it seems to be true. There are few who can rival the sheer arrogance of your posts sometimes. Again, I don't know why.

For instance, your "non-proliferation" treaty thread. You labeled those that disagreed with your idea as a hindrance to the growth of STO pvp. Do you think you won any friends there? No, in fact, it started the "Pandas v Pax" forum war. Not because of your idea, but because you belittled (by ignoring lessons learned by previous attempts at similar agreements) and insulted (however politely) those that didn't want to climb on board.

Do you see what I'm saying?

Letting Cryptic, players and potential players know where I believe this game is failing where others succeed is a legitimate method of expressing distaste for their handling of PvP and the PvP community. Vote with your wallets, that's what they say, and I am letting them know where my vote is currently going. I will however continue to advocate for improvements to STO PvP in the hopes of a much-desired return to the game.
I'm a Paralegal by trade. My writing has that "affirming style", which often undermines my true personality which you say you witnessed. Sure, it may come off as arrogant, or even pompous. For that I am sorry, but the interpretation of what I write is hindered by personal opinions based on our real relationship, PvP. We battle it out and I hate to say it, we role play that battle onto the forums at times. We also love this game so much, that our conflicted attitudes are often rubbed off one another and depict the same thing but in hateful demeanor.

I agree letting Cryptic know about the looming threat to their revenues is a parallel understanding of mine as well. But I hate losing players to play the game with, you can ask Gallieos my disgruntlement about you guys leaving, or Delphic. There's nobody left to play against. All we have is pockets of players, and I'd hate to lose them too due to MMO advertising on STO's PvP forum. But I can't make people do any of that, what I can do is state the negative impact of it and request something be done about it. Which is what I have done.

As far as the SN Doff thread is concerned, the net result was the deterrence and awareness of not to use the doffs. It was successful, I'll take it, even though I meant well I was battered based on the aforementioned relationship of PvP spilling onto the forums. TRH was willing to go on these forums and meet your forum premade with words of their own. I told them in the interest of keeping whatever civil discussion was left, it was not in anyone's best interest. You can ask them yourself. We defend ourselves, and are staunchly protective over one another as buds just as much you guys are with one another. Which I have the utmost respect for.

But now, we're all buds regardless of what fleet affiliations we have. Because we're all victims to a poorly maintained game and made purchases that are dissatisfying to say the least.

At the same time, lol 'kidnapping' pvpers with the use of these forums to conduit an opinion about another MMO is simply destroying whatever is left. You guys have plenty of contenders in that new game.

Anyway, I hope you guys come back.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,934
# 26
11-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Don't play another fail MMO. Play another proper game instead.
Ya baby !
Black Ops 2
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
# 27
11-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
I'm a Paralegal by trade. My writing has that "affirming style", which often undermines my true personality which you say you witnessed. Sure, it may come off as arrogant, or even pompous. For that I am sorry, but the interpretation of what I write is hindered by personal opinions based on our real relationship, PvP. We battle it out and I hate to say it, we role play that battle onto the forums at times. We also love this game so much, that our conflicted attitudes are often rubbed off one another and depict the same thing but in hateful demeanor.

I agree letting Cryptic know about the looming threat to their revenues is a parallel understanding of mine as well. But I hate losing players to play the game with, you can ask Gallieos my disgruntlement about you guys leaving, or Delphic. There's nobody left to play against. All we have is pockets of players, and I'd hate to lose them too due to MMO advertising on STO's PvP forum. But I can't make people do any of that, what I can do is state the negative impact of it and request something be done about it. Which is what I have done.

As far as the SN Doff thread is concerned, the net result was the deterrence and awareness of not to use the doffs. It was successful, I'll take it, even though I meant well I was battered based on the aforementioned relationship of PvP spilling onto the forums. TRH was willing to go on these forums and meet your forum premade with words of their own. I told them in the interest of keeping whatever civil discussion was left, it was not in anyone's best interest. You can ask them yourself. We defend ourselves, and are staunchly protective over one another as buds just as much you guys are with one another. Which I have the utmost respect for.

But now, we're all buds regardless of what fleet affiliations we have. Because we're all victims to a poorly maintained game and made purchases that are dissatisfying to say the least.

At the same time, lol 'kidnapping' pvpers with the use of these forums to conduit an opinion about another MMO is simply destroying whatever is left. You guys have plenty of contenders in that new game.

Anyway, I hope you guys come back.
You came into PvP sto too late to talk about the stuff thats 'left' of it

Come to MWO Pax its nice until STO pvp gets better kk ;O

Last edited by marctraiderz; 11-14-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 28
11-14-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctraiderz View Post
You came into PvP sto too late to talk about the stuff thats 'left' of it

Come to MWO Pax its nice until STO pvp gets better kk ;O
I suggested it.

Our guys are staying. I'm with them.

PaxOttopanda will come at another time.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 99
# 29
11-14-2012, 10:00 AM
We all realize it's not 1 or the other... right?

Both are F2P, it's not like we must uninstall one to play the other...

But carry on, I love this thread. I demand more paralegal essays!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 99
# 30
11-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Honestly... those who are hating on MWO may just find it an enjoyable game.

Plus, my IT friend tells me you can play both at the same time! Really!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:42 AM.