Rihannsu
I must say I'm extremely disappointed with Romulan Bridge Officers available from Embassy Provision Stores not having access to any customization options whatsoever.

Even though these officers come in several varieties (Tac/Eng/Sci, Male/Female, Uncommon/Rare/Very Rare) all of them look exactly the same within their gender.

What's so special about those boffs that they cannot have at least some customization options? It's not the Breen, Borg drone or Jem'Hadar which have some unique heads or costumes. I am able to change the looks of any bridge officer - many of which having their own costume options, like Orions or Nausicaans - yet I can't change anything about these romulan boffs - not even their face? Am I to assume Romulans are involved in some kind of cloning experiments? Because having more than one of those on the bridge is surely going to look silly...

Also, their clothes look like some old rags. Truly worthy of a starfleet bridge officer uniform...

But I guess this is "working as intended". We can't get Cryptic to fix KDF Marauding boffs tailor customization, which has been bugged since day one (nearly a year now), so surely allowing some customization on anything new is outside of their priorities.
Career Officer
# 2
11-11-2012, 06:51 AM
Just think, minimum effort, maximum profit. That is how everything is being done since the PWE Overlords took over....
Rihannsu
# 3
11-11-2012, 11:05 AM
yeah, the Boffs are nice, but could use a bit of improvement.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 4
11-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Is this from an official dev response or something you discovered on Tribble?

Either way, this is silly. I recruit Bridge Officers because they swore oaths to serve in Starfleet, not a motley crew of ragtag rebels and clones. Without opening up these customisation options, I don't why I should be interested in replacing my Alien Romulan in a Starfleet uniform with a genuine Romulan refugee.

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Rihannsu
# 5
11-13-2012, 04:15 AM
Dev response? Bwuh? What's that? :>

No. I was able to purchase two uncommon boffs on Tribble - both looking exactly the same despite having different professions (sci and eng), and both having no Tailor customization option whatsoever. They're just like unique doffs from Feature Episode rewards, such as Breen, Jem'Hadar or Borg drone from Kithomer Accord. In those cases I can understand lack of customization, as these boffs use unique costumes and assets. I don't see however why there's no way to change the looks of generic humanoids. They should work exactly the same way how any other bridge officer works in the game, yet they don't.

And their clothes are similar to what civilians on New Romulus wear. It's not romulan military uniform of any kind, but aforementioned rags.

As much as I'd like this to be changed, I'm afraid we're just going to have to deal with it as it is. As I mentioned, Cryptic cannot seem to fix the KDF Marauding Boff bug since Season 5 launch (the one that prevents to change their look as well, as all changes reset all the time), so I doubt they'll suddenly add the option to customize any of the romulan boffs.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
11-13-2012, 05:28 AM
That's a shame, it did sound too good to be true.

I was hoping to add a female Rommie to my Orion warband.
Rihannsu
# 7
11-13-2012, 08:36 AM
hopefully Cryptic will fix this. If nothing else, at least give them different outfit colors..
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 8
11-13-2012, 07:45 PM
suaveks, I didn't know your fleet was that far ahead into the Embassy system on Tribble. I appreciate the fact you've checked things out first hand, and reported back so that the rest of us don't waste our marks and dil.

If Cryptic wants these special DOffs to have "unique" flavours, at least make standard Starfleet and KDF costumes available as an option in addition to the defaults.

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Captain
# 9
11-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
suaveks, I didn't know your fleet was that far ahead into the Embassy system on Tribble. I appreciate the fact you've checked things out first hand, and reported back so that the rest of us don't waste our marks and dil.

If Cryptic wants these special DOffs to have "unique" flavours, at least make standard Starfleet and KDF costumes available as an option in addition to the defaults.
That would be nice. The Breen I can kind of understand, since they have their cold containment suits, but all the others should have alternate options.
Captain
# 10
11-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
The Breen I can kind of understand, since they have their cold containment suits, but all the others should have alternate options.
Even for the Breen, they could keep their refrigerated helmets, neck and gloves, but overlay the standard Starfleet or KDF uniform over it.