Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
Today in Org-pvp.

[6:30] Devoras@Devoras_Serenitus: Oki, so if i get people right here

[6:30] Devoras@Devoras_Serenitus: P2W consoles and ships Is NOT the problem with PvP

[6:30] Devoras@Devoras_Serenitus: did i interpret said folkd correct?

[6:30] Magikus of Fire@Sagikus: the idea is like this: a big chunk of the players are looking for F2P MMOs. they enter the game without planning to spend a single cent on it. Yet, they say it's not "fair" to have P2W ingame items

[6:30] Looney@galilleos: yes i would say so devoras

This might be coming from one person, and maybe dragged out of context. BUT, how many others are feeling the same or is this just utter rubbish?
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Career Officer
# 2
11-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Everyone already discussed this plenty of times, actually in the 1.5 years where you probably missed it all, MWO doesn't have these problems, come join it!

Captain
# 3
11-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctraiderz View Post
Everyone already discussed this plenty of times, actually in the 1.5 years where you probably missed it all, MWO doesn't have these problems, come join it!

Ill join My Little Pony Online before i go to MWO. I got GW2 if i need something else

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Rihannsu
# 4
11-14-2012, 10:13 AM
No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Lieutenant
# 5
11-14-2012, 10:22 AM
"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W."

Thank you, this needs to be further emphasized AND become my new forum sig.
Captain
# 6
11-14-2012, 10:28 AM
A valid point as to why p2w sucks?

Captain
# 7
11-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W.
So you have never been grav pulsed for 50 seconds? Wow......
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Captain
# 8
11-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
So you have never been grav pulsed for 50 seconds? Wow......
Ye, grav pulsed in a carrier with a jem bug behind you. NO skill in the world is going to save you from that.

Career Officer
# 9 Grav pulse?
11-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Yes I've been pulsed for over 30 seconds. If you use another P2W console to counter it you can escape such as the impulse capacitance cell while under APO. You're not helping your team much by leaving the combat zone but you're not dead either.
Captain
# 10
11-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
Yes I've been pulsed for over 30 seconds. If you use another P2W console to counter it you can escape such as the impulse capacitance cell while under APO. You're not helping your team much by leaving the combat zone but you're not dead either.
What about your team mates who got caught in it?
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles