Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 11
11-14-2012, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
You are factually incorrect. The Dil price change is intended to remove Dil from players and drive Zen sales.
Of course it is a cash grap. Bullying weak minded losers into buying dill with Zen is easier than making a Cryptic Store where you can buy non-bugged ships, bridges, boffs, costumes, pets etc .
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,122
# 12
11-14-2012, 06:34 AM
I figured out the real reason last night, this is all about fleet credits and depleting those credits so you spend money.

People have a crazy amount of fleet credits, free Doffs keep those credits intact.

You are now forced to spend fleet credits on Doffs. In addition the embassy marks are bought with fleet credits, they are trying to drain your fleet credits, which will then force fleets to start to spend zen on Doff packs.

Expect to see a nerf in support missions soon when people compensate for this by heavy downgrading.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,308
# 13
11-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
You are factually incorrect. The Dil price change is intended to remove Dil from players and drive Zen sales.
Is it? Is it really? Did you sit in on the meetings?

Of course you didn't. So you're really just making **** up, right?

Anyway. On to some **** that is actually factual. If you ONLY consider the OP's calculations that ONLY consider the one route for obtaining and converting Doffs, what is the maximim amount of dil that you could even SPEND in a week?

Oh right. That.

GTFO
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,097
# 14
11-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
Is it? Is it really? Did you sit in on the meetings?

Of course you didn't. So you're really just making **** up, right?

Anyway. On to some **** that is actually factual. If you ONLY consider the OP's calculations that ONLY consider the one route for obtaining and converting Doffs, what is the maximim amount of dil that you could even SPEND in a week?

Oh right. That.

GTFO
Yeah really. Zero's numbers have a big hidden bias. He ignored branch recruitment and calculated based solely on general recruitment. Which has a CD of 2 days. So... the method outlined in the OP would take ~1000 days(2 days for the mission+ 2 day CD*125 packs needed) (ZB claimed 100 days)

Also general recruitment gives at least 1 green, his calculations assume 5 whites from it.

Anyways, bottom line is that it was never a good way to get purples. But lazy peeps abused the heck out of it anyways.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
# 15 The grinder nerf was lame
11-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Same with the STF dilithum nerf, those that are saying "it isn't that bad" or "we needed that to fix X" are those not affected.

Sadly I see space littered with disgarded doff bodie like it's littered with unclaimed lock boxes.

The nerf was simply to make fleet doffs more attractive. What is better? spending 50k dilithum grinding up a purple doff? or fleet credits which can be used for nothing but stuff at the starbase (which for the most part costs dilithum).

It's funny they ruined the grinder and turned the rest of the game into a grind.


And as for the new STF (and all stfs now) just like DOff Grinding, reward is not worth the trouble and cost.

Sad DOffing made STO alot better, now with the nerf.. and don't let me get into the uber nerf for anyone hoarding Dosi Rotgut.

That's the best and funniest thing. Nobody has pointed out.

THEY FARMED THE USAGE DATA. Every nerf they put into place they did on purpose for a specific reason. They know how much credits the average person (and the top and bottom people) has, how much dilithum, how many STFs you've run and how many times you've died.

So every change that has come to make things harder on the player is. As intended.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,097
# 16
11-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardhen1 View Post
Same with the STF dilithum nerf, those that are saying "it isn't that bad" or "we needed that to fix X" are those not affected.

Sadly I see space littered with disgarded doff bodie like it's littered with unclaimed lock boxes.

The nerf was simply to make fleet doffs more attractive. What is better? spending 50k dilithum grinding up a purple doff? or fleet credits which can be used for nothing but stuff at the starbase (which for the most part costs dilithum).

It's funny they ruined the grinder and turned the rest of the game into a grind.


And as for the new STF (and all stfs now) just like DOff Grinding, reward is not worth the trouble and cost.

Sad DOffing made STO alot better, now with the nerf.. and don't let me get into the uber nerf for anyone hoarding Dosi Rotgut.

That's the best and funniest thing. Nobody has pointed out.

THEY FARMED THE USAGE DATA. Every nerf they put into place they did on purpose for a specific reason. They know how much credits the average person (and the top and bottom people) has, how much dilithum, how many STFs you've run and how many times you've died.

So every change that has come to make things harder on the player is. As intended.
Dude.... The compactor was the HARD way to get purples before. now it's more expensive....

I think it's a good thing. Now people will need to actually learn how to do Doff pickups.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 590
# 17
11-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Once I learned about the Colony chains I pretty much stopped using the compactor. Well that and Starbases cuz they ate my whites like candy. Still do actually
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
# 18
11-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Thank you for killing DOFFS ( melt/merge common, green, blue or purple, dili price is too high with combination of dili refine "lock" per day )....Now is impossible to make "some" money in game. If you try to make money with items trading, only problem is...THERE IS NO SPECIFIC LOCATION, MOB FOR THE SPECIFIC RARITY ITEMS DROP ( like in any other mmo game )...But, nvm, we will give a month to test all this, after that....maybe is time to stop playing...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,497
# 19
11-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Doffs were too cheap before this season's update...you could get purples basically for free. At least now you have to work for it.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,208
# 20
11-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Doffs were too cheap before this season's update...you could get purples basically for free. At least now you have to work for it.
Other than the colony chains (which weren't exactly free, but reasonably cheap) how would you have gone about getting purples for free? I can't think of anything.
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, sultan of stun, captain of things obvious and people oblivious.
The only one who dislikes the oddy outfit. Would love a t5 TMP Constitution class or a Fleet K'tinga revamp!
In memoriam, exploration clusters, a victim of the great content massacre. 2010-2014.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:22 PM.