Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
Simply, because it does not promote teamplay. Why should I heal the escort over there with my cruiser? So he grabs the purples ? Why should I slot extended and protect my allies when I'm directly competing against them for reward and sloting offensive ability would be much more better for me? Isn't it better to let them die, so I can get the objectives myself ?

Why ? Because the system is fail. It promotes dps racing and not teamplay, which in turn reflects how people play in STF.

Killing a target objective should have same value as keeping alive that escort that killed it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
# 2
11-14-2012, 12:23 PM
There shouldn't be an individual rank system at all. The game is too DPS oriented to allow the other classes to compete against Tacticals. But ignoring that, it seems silly that a mission that is supposed to be a group of captains getting together because they can't do it individually would basicly be keeping 'score'.

If they want to throw rewards out, perhaps they should base it on the time it took for completion. Or better yet, a combination of time to complete with the least amount of deaths. That would promote team play.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 428
# 3
11-14-2012, 12:27 PM
And this is exactly why FAs are not fun, unless you happen to be that tacscort that can obliterate a dozen enemies at once.

The whole reward system needs to be redone and the extra rewards for the top scoring people removed in favor of something that rewards each team for contribution to objectives with number of player deaths factored in instead of each player having their own individual score. That way you DO have incentive to use skills like extend shields, hazard emitters, engineering team, etc. on other players and not just slot as many damage and self buff skills as you can to boost your own score. It shouldn't be that hard to do since we already know it does keep track of teams, if you drop team during a FA you get booted.

As far as the title, give it to each person on the top scoring TEAM in each instance instead of just the one top scoring individual.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
# 4
11-14-2012, 12:30 PM
I fear doing things on a team based system would cause competition against the teams. FA should still encourage cross team support.

Titles and high value loot can be giving when the instance is completed with a very low player death and a fast completion time.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 107
# 5
11-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Simply, because it does not promote teamplay. Why should I heal the escort over there with my cruiser? So he grabs the purples ? Why should I slot extended and protect my allies when I'm directly competing against them for reward and sloting offensive ability would be much more better for me? Isn't it better to let them die, so I can get the objectives myself ?

Why ? Because the system is fail. It promotes dps racing and not teamplay, which in turn reflects how people play in STF.

Killing a target objective should have same value as keeping alive that escort that killed it.
Quoted for truth. This is why the only escorts I heal are those on my team from my fleet, random tacs can blow up a dozen times, I don't see why I should help them when they're in distress if it lessens my chances of a good and equitable reward.

One Year and Three months waiting for Fleet Galaxy X - "Technical Difficulties" Since 8th Feb 12.
Landmark Technical Difficulties Dates: 13/01/12 - 8/11/12 - 14/11/12 - 14/12/12 - 26/04/13
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,750
# 6
11-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursix View Post
Titles and high value loot can be giving when the instance is completed with a very low player death and a fast completion time.
This sounds like a very good alternative. Extra rewards if a timer is beat, or maybe they can add optional objectives.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 197
# 7
11-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Simply, because it does not promote teamplay. Why should I heal the escort over there with my cruiser? So he grabs the purples ? Why should I slot extended and protect my allies when I'm directly competing against them for reward and sloting offensive ability would be much more better for me? Isn't it better to let them die, so I can get the objectives myself ?

Why ? Because the system is fail. It promotes dps racing and not teamplay, which in turn reflects how people play in STF.

Killing a target objective should have same value as keeping alive that escort that killed it.
Yes, I agree... warps the whole concept of a team event

<sigh>
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 160
# 8
11-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Going to be hard for an Engineer in a cruiser to beat a tac in an escort in damage.

Season 7 is a flop, it gave new content at the expense of an enjoyable gameplay experience. I was happier with stale content and enjoyable gameplay experience.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 197
# 9
11-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echodarksided View Post
Going to be hard for an Engineer in a cruiser to beat a tac in an escort in damage.

Season 7 is a flop, it gave new content at the expense of an enjoyable gameplay experience. I was happier with stale content and enjoyable gameplay experience.
Hello Mr. BranFlakes...

I hope you note this "feature" is going to have negative consequences on Team Play and needs to be rebalanced to some of these suggestions stated previously.

Thx
Locutus

Last edited by l0cutus359; 11-14-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 239
# 10
11-14-2012, 01:46 PM
I didn't need your heals anyway. Since this is not an Elite STF, I don't think I should need it either.

I think the problem really is twofold:
- Ship changing should be easier, so healers/tanks can easily change to a DPS "offspec" depending on content.
- Captain-specific abilities are perhaps a bit too differentiated given the irrelevance of the MMO trinity. Tacs could probably stand to lose a DPS cooldown in exchange for a survival cooldown, and vice-versa for Engineer/Sci.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:28 PM.