Career Officer
# 1 It's such a shame
11-14-2012, 11:10 AM
In many ways this has been the best season launch yet - technically the server has been stable - I even got to play yesterday which to be honest I wasn't expecting. New Romulus is beautiful, many of the new missions are fun.

But it's all been overshadowed by the great dilithium snatch. Players should be talking about the great new content. Instead Cryptic has caused angry and upset players complaining - justifiably - about dilithium and in a stroke made their 'end game content' irrelevant.

It just didn't have to be this way. It really didn't.

Why?

Jo
Captain
# 2
11-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Cryptic's operating philosophy:

If we don't find a way to infuriate our playerbase, we did something wrong.
Career Officer
# 3
11-14-2012, 11:14 AM
There end game content is rehashed and worthless GARBAGE. It prolly took them 2 hours to make during snack time and they removed all rewards for it as well.. they didnt even have a reward system or loot table to balance. lol Working for this company must be a joke, noone ever does ANYTHING.

New fake IP breaking, Fed copy pasted content Romulus is garbage as well. All rehashed laziness thrown together like grandmas 17 layer leftover 17 day meatloaf.

Yeah, that's right.

Last edited by adon333; 11-14-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
11-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johhanne View Post
in Many Ways This Has Been The Best Season Launch Yet - Technically The Server Has Been Stable - I Even Got To Play Yesterday Which To Be Honest I Wasn't Expecting. New Romulus Is Beautiful, Many Of The New Missions Are Fun.

But It's All Been Overshadowed By The Great Dilithium Snatch. Players Should Be Talking About The Great New Content. Instead Cryptic Has Caused Angry And Upset Players Complaining - Justifiably - About Dilithium And In A Stroke Made Their 'end Game Content' Irrelevant.

It Just Didn't Have To Be This Way. It Really Didn't.

Why?

Jo
Qft

Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 5
11-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adon333 View Post
There end game content is rehashed and worthless GARBAGE. It prolly took them 2 hours to make during snack time and they removed all rewards for it as well.. they didnt even have a reward system or loot table to balance. lol Working for this company must be a joke, noone ever does ANYTHING.
ROFL

Sure glad I wasn't drinkin anything when I read this (so is my computer)
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Rihannsu
# 6
11-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
In many ways this has been the best season launch yet - technically the server has been stable - I even got to play yesterday which to be honest I wasn't expecting. New Romulus is beautiful, many of the new missions are fun.

But it's all been overshadowed by the great dilithium snatch. Players should be talking about the great new content. Instead Cryptic has caused angry and upset players complaining - justifiably - about dilithium and in a stroke made their 'end game content' irrelevant.

It just didn't have to be this way. It really didn't.

Why?

Jo
I support this post.
Career Officer
# 7
11-14-2012, 11:19 AM
New Romulus and the new STFs (haven't played all of them) are all incredible on a gameplay and technical standpoint. They're all new things that we haven't seen before, definitely not stuff that only took a lunch break to build.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 8
11-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
New Romulus and the new STFs (haven't played all of them) are all incredible on a gameplay and technical standpoint. They're all new things that we haven't seen before, definitely not stuff that only took a lunch break to build.
Sorry.... 2 lunch breaks.

Yeah, that's right.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
11-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Season 7 is the most disappointed I ever been with Cryptic. I swear that they are intentionally trying to shut the game down so they can move on to Neverwinter. They didn't just nerf Dilithum income, they completely DEVASTATED it!

Honestly, Cryptic / Perfect World just shot themselves in the foot and blew it off.
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
.... great dilithium snatch......
I can usually have fun with snatch but this new grind has me liking the fact that my STO-citement to play has been lackluster of late.

I can handle grinding mind you though I think this recent turn of events is too much and is an attempt to once again control the economy that got away from them.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.