Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 455
# 31
11-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
Some cone-based targeting was changed so that it calculates from a center point rather than a specific facing. While this affected nearly every entity in the game, it only significantly impacts very large entities. A side effect of this is that there aren't as many "safe zones" from Borg Cube torpedoes.
Thank's for clarifying! So it was an across the board change, then I can understand that, so then can the borg eventually get an exception to reflect more like how they were before? I'd be so happy if that could be done, it's my only major issue with playing STF's now that I never had before. This would go a long way to restore balance.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,609
# 32
11-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
Some cone-based targeting was changed so that it calculates from a center point rather than a specific facing. While this affected nearly every entity in the game, it only significantly impacts very large entities. A side effect of this is that there aren't as many "safe zones" from Borg Cube torpedoes.
Might this have an unintended side effect on how many other weapons they can bring to bear on us at once? I know that I can skim the surface of a Cube to be able to fire both rear beams and fore torpedoes when the ship's flying parallel to the cube face, for example. Having the reverse happen while drawing aggro from a group would be suicidal.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 771
# 33
11-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensorghost View Post
In other words your college lied, things have changed. Our perception does not lie, months and years of a constant changes by a nose hair, we'll notice. Don't take us for idiots. Some of us get paid far more than you I'd bet for more complicated work.

Now go back, examine what you all have actually done and give us a honest complete answer so we can make sense of the 'New Reality' or you can 'Fix It'
No, one said specifically that the Borg mobs in the STFs haven't been changed. The other said that there was a global change for all mobs in the way arc points are calculated.

So the change in the Borg you see are a side effect of a more global change - if you were to look at the code and parameters for the Borg mobs specifically, there should nothing be nothing different there.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 34
11-14-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm fine with harder STFs. The problem is that we have no more reasons to play them.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 73
# 35
11-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensorghost View Post
In other words your college lied, things have changed. Our perception does not lie, months and years of a constant changes by a nose hair, we'll notice. Don't take us for idiots. Some of us get paid far more than you I'd bet for more complicated work.

Now go back, examine what you all have actually done and give us a honest complete answer so we can make sense of the 'New Reality' or you can 'Fix It'
You know what makes me feel helpful and compliant? Being insulted, patronized, and having somebody's salary waved over me like it's a penis-measuring contest.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,036
# 36
11-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Something I noticed but am not 100% sure of will have to double check.

But it seems like I am getting more dots applied than I should. In ISE the two guard sphere spawn had me up to 5 stacks of plasma dot within seconds. That hurt.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,671
# 37
11-14-2012, 11:34 AM
the reality of borg npcs-

their energy weapons are not their primary way of dealing damage, the cutting beam and torpedo is by far their primary dealers of damage. that makes it silly to have stf shields guard against plasma weapons, that does almost nothing to protect you from borg, and breaks an entire energy type in pvp

the torpedoes they fire, wile often invisible, deal between 30-60k damage. that is a 1 shot and by far the largest problem in the entirety of the pve in game. it makes hive basically impossible to pug.


the balance solution

npcs clearly have a global modifier to thier weapons that buff their damage. that needs to be reduced dramatically so those 1 shot torpedoes no longer exist. then give borg npcs +50 additional weapons power, so their energy weapons are more powerful, wile their kinetic damage isn't absolutely insane.

this would work with ALL npcs, kinetic damage is the vast majority of the damage all npcs cause, and its because of that npc damage modifier ending up buffing torp damage far more then energy damage. just bypass this with this fix i propose.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 59
# 38
11-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensrun View Post
You know what makes me feel helpful and compliant? Being insulted, patronized, and having somebody's salary waved over me like it's a penis-measuring contest.
I dont expect any of those things from them. The changes are in, they are not going to up and admit fault and beg forgiveness because we asked nicely. There has to be a growing massive negative backlash to send the point home.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 455
# 39
11-14-2012, 11:49 AM
It's only been a day now since all these things got in, no need to pre-judge. Already the reason why borg are now shooting almost any angle was explained, now I await to see if they have any intent to do something about it. They gave that courtesy to explain, so return some courtesy in kind and wait and see.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 59
# 40
11-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunesnout View Post
It's only been a day now since all these things got in, no need to pre-judge. Already the reason why borg are now shooting almost any angle was explained, now I await to see if they have any intent to do something about it. They gave that courtesy to explain, so return some courtesy in kind and wait and see.

Given the wide spread screw the free player changes that have happened across the game at many points, I have no expectation they will make it 'better', we can only hope for less bad.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:03 AM.