Captain
# 1851
11-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
All that still doesn't change the fact that due to EA's mismanagement, SWToR is now considered on of the biggest failures of all time; nor the fact that is has the most money-grubbing F2P implementation of anyWestern made F2P MMO out there.
Players are getting the entirety of TOR's core content, the stories, for free. That's hardly money grubbing.

To use an analogy from a separate BioWare title, that'd be the equivalent of getting the entire ME3 campaign for free, but having to pay a bit more if a player wanted to partake in serious multiplayer shenanigans.

Last edited by stirling191; 11-14-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Captain
# 1852
11-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Players are getting the entirety of TOR's core content, the stories, for free. That's hardly money grubbing.

To use an analogy from a separate BioWare title, that'd be the equivalent of getting the entire ME3 campaign for free, but having to pay a bit more if a player wanted to partake in serious multiplayer shenanigans.
I got even a better analogy for you to try.

It's like STO giving away all the content they have now for free and then having to pay for the second full faction. Considering STO will never have a second full faction, nothing to worry about here. lol We'll always be the MMO with 1 1/2 factions.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution

Last edited by darthstormstrike; 11-14-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 1853
11-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
I got even a better analogy for you to try.

It's like STO giving away all the content they have now for free and then having to pay for the second full faction. Considering STO will never have a second full faction, nothing to worry about here. lol We'll always be the MMO with 1 1/2 factions.
Dstahl said recently S8 will be heavy in KDF stuff. With the aim of finishing, if not coming close, to completeing the faction.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Career Officer
# 1854
11-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
Dstahl said recently S8 will be heavy in KDF stuff. With the aim of finishing, if not coming close, to completeing the faction.
Season 8 will finish off the Klingon faction for good. I believe that.
I miss my _.
Captain
# 1855
11-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortwort View Post
Season 8 will finish off the Klingon faction for good. I believe that.
Same here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 1856
11-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
this dude talks a good game but dose not walk the walk half of the talk
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Captain
# 1857
11-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
They still haven't given us the "Big Klingon Update" they promised a few seasons ago. So I'll believe it when I see it. Because if that was their idea of a big update, then all we'll see is another 4 or 5 missions.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Captain
# 1858
11-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
After the whole STF fiasco with S7, I'm not one to put any weight behind that promise.
Career Officer
# 1859 The SWTOR F2P Thread.....
11-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Well SWTOR just went f2p, woot!

Anyone going to try it out? Been there since beta myself
Captain
# 1860
11-15-2012, 02:29 PM
GL

Been messing with SWG myself but may have a lookie @ TOR as I'm a huge KOTOR/2 fan modder.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?