Starfleet Veteran
# 11
11-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Season after season they screwed up their base thinking they will get another type of player. Unfortunately I have seen the same posts 7 times already... people complaining of how dissatisfied they are with a new season patch. PvP, ground play and now STFs tie with the Dilithium inflation are the ugly step children of Cryptic...what did expect? Their main focus is to make your virtual life full of crap time after time....
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Somehow, according to DStahl, the new system is supposed to put more dilithium in our banks. I'm not seeing it.
Empire Veteran
# 13
11-14-2012, 01:00 PM
I?m kind of glad that I don?t really play this MMO anymore after the latest Cryptic stunt.

I was trying to get myself in the mood to give STO a try again when season 7 went live but I could not keep myself logged in for more than 20 minutes.

STF?s were the only way I ever earned Dilithium and now if I wanted to play and needed Dilithium I?d be forced to run into Fleet Actions that I never enjoyed doing since their introduction!

If this no Dilithium for STF?s ?is working has intended? Cryptic needs to man up and let it be known.

I think the biggest problem that I have is that if it turns out that was always what Cryptic intended to do with STF?s and Dilithium then they once again told us all a bold faced lie that they?d only be reducing the Dilithium payouts on Normal and Elite STF?s.

Time after Time Cryptic never ceases to disappoint me.
Empire Veteran
# 14
11-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Cryptic's operating philosophy:

If we don't find a way to infuriate our playerbase, we did something wrong.
^^^^ This exactly. They're always looking for ways to anger the playerbase, but not so much that they cause everybody to rage quit.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Career Officer
# 15
11-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Hehe I think its funny that a thread that was pointing out that the new additions are being forgotten over the dilithium change has turned into another thread complaining about the dilithium change.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Lieutenant
# 16
11-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
^^^^ This exactly. They're always looking for ways to anger the playerbase, but not so much that they cause everybody to rage quit.
Oh I think they found it.
Career Officer
# 17
11-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
Somehow, according to DStahl, the new system is supposed to put more dilithium in our banks. I'm not seeing it.
Maybe he meant their banks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Hehe I think its funny that a thread that was pointing out that the new additions are being forgotten over the dilithium change has turned into another thread complaining about the dilithium change.
Oh so the new Dilithum change is good for us?
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
# 18
11-14-2012, 01:24 PM
yes geting rocks is so fun!!!!!!!!!!1
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Captain
# 19
11-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Maybe he meant their banks?

Oh so the new Dilithum change is good for us?
Cryptic wants you to spend all-day in their game. It's supposed to be your second or third job is how they do things.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
11-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Season 7 is the most disappointed I ever been with Cryptic. I swear that they are intentionally trying to shut the game down so they can move on to Neverwinter. They didn't just nerf Dilithum income, they completely DEVASTATED it!

Honestly, Cryptic / Perfect World just shot themselves in the foot and blew it off.

They lost at least one long time, used to be loyal, gold subscriber since day 1 of launch (33+ months uninterrupted, 1015+ days the old fashioned way not grandfathered in during the $200 LTS money grab promo). Yep, I canceled my subscription after seeing the mess that Season 7 is. Sad, really because I wanted to play through my third anniversary in Feb 2013. Oh well.

And get this: most games make you jump through hoops to cancel your subscription, wanting you to fill out surveys which usually ask stuff like what % chance that you will return (0%) etc. In Star Trek Online, I clicked a button and the green "Active Subscription" text on my Account page went red showing that I canceled, and that was that. No survey, not even a link to leave feedback.

It took me 30 minutes to find a link to feedback and it wasn't a Cryptic or STO specific page, it was on the PWE page, and we all know THEY don't care as long as your credit card was valid during your most recent billing cycle or Zen purchase. Well, those two things won't happen again.
--
No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?